Guardian is getting dual pistols

Bewt.9258

51 minutes ago, Mediahead.3542 said:

I'm probably in the minority here, I don't think I will be using these much. Personally I have no idea what a guard would want with pistols 

Actual ranged damage.

An issue in the past has been what power weapon to pair with scepter.

The only Power ranged option Guardian has for offhand is focus but then the Focus 5 skill is more defensive and not ranged.

Giving it Dual pistols will help guardian have an offensive ranged kit that is Power based. It will certainly help having an offhand pistol to go with scepter, Well I hope it will.

Edited by crazyhusky.2985
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, crazyhusky.2985 said:

Giving it Dual pistols will help guardian have an offensive ranged kit that is Power based. It will certainly help having an offhand pistol to go with scepter, Well I hope it will.

I think Longbow will cover ranged power.. I have a feeling pistols will be ranged condi

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Thematically I dont think it fits, Guardians are basically paladins. Its sounds cool till you think about what the class is historically. 

You don't think a Sheriff or Van Helsing theme fits a virtuous Guardian?

Edited by Bewt.9258
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

I have a feeling Pistols is going to be the condi version of Scepter and I wouldn't be mad about it, assuming they do it right. A lot of guards was wanting Scepter1 to deal more condi damage so this may be Anet's answer.

I'm looking forward to LB Willbender. LB#2 is just a glorified version of GS#3. That said GS will certainly dish out more damage than LB as a whole... man, I REALY WISH they would just give Flash Combo the option to port where ever we wanted to.

• Like 4

Love it.

Good overall changes that pull the game back towards it's roots with much more variety and potential options.

Originally I wasn't sure about pre-ordering the new expansion.

For now, here’s the lineup of who’s getting what:

• Guardian: Pistol (main and off hand)

Aaaaaand I've bought it.

Edited by Ezrael.6859
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Thematically I dont think it fits, Guardians are basically paladins. Its sounds cool till you think about what the class is historically. 

I wouldn't really class Guild Wars 2 as a high-fantasy game that evokes the idea of Paladins, Clerics, Monks, Bards, Magicians, Enchanters etc, with all the various technology, laser beams, computers, robots, firearms, internal combustion engines and stuff mashed together with all sorts of magic and magical beings.

It's more like, Warhammer year 1. 39,999 years before the grim dark future.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bewt.9258 said:

You don't think a Sheriff or Van Helsing theme fits a virtuous Guardian?

Sure but the majority of players won't have tons of outfits to match lol. If the devs gave some of the heavy armor wearers skin options that resembled medium armors dual pistol could fit guard easily but as it stands a heavily armored looking guy with pistol just looks silly imo lol.

3 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Sure but the majority of players won't have tons of outfits to match lol. If the devs gave some of the heavy armor wearers skin options that resembled medium armors dual pistol could fit guard easily but as it stands a heavily armored looking guy with pistol just looks silly imo lol.

That's what the magical hat is for. Now buy the expansion!