Relics Bring New Equipment to Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

8 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

Yes , i read all of it, 
i am talking about this particular line:  i copy pasted that from the blog ,
"Players who have already crafted legendary runes will be compensated with significant progress toward unlocking legendary relics. 

it was
"Players who have already crafted 7 legendary runes will be compensated with significant progress towards unlocking legendary relics." 

And where in there do you see any number change from 7 to 6 or something? You think they backed out of "seven" in that sentence but still left "seven" (and what's curcial: within the same context of "progress/compensation") in the sentence I've quoted (and which still clearly is in the blog)? You misremember what you saw there. It was seven and still is.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Vortus.2801 said:

You have 6k msg in the forum, probably u live inside gw2 all day, you know how much hours the expansions can give you. Stop complaining about everything in the forum and enjoy the game OMEGALUL

So, you have none. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

34 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But  that's what I mean by still leaving them acquirable -this way any rewards, recipes, collections and so on won't need to be changed since they can still be acquired like they were meant to. The only difference is not adding a relic slot (or locking it) and leaving the sigils how they are now. Unlock/add a slot with the release of legendary relics. Of course I can't be sure how spaghetti the spaghetti is, but I'd hope they're adding new features to the game with code they can alter easier than what they initally did.

You want them to leave runes as is and not unlock the relic slot? They're not going to hold back the expansion relics for this, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're required, as they could easily be replacements for masteries. If they were willing to leave runes as is and do expansion relics, they would have simply given them separate slots to avoid the problem entirely, but I guess they're saving that very obvious next slot for the next expansion.

The best they could do now is offer a legendary core relic that could be upgraded to a legendary relic or have an additional legendary expansion relic. Either way, it would cause complaints and would mean all future stat additions could be rolled out in this way.

The simplest option is just offering a temporary vendor with every core relic for free, accessible to those with 6+ legendary runes. Good enough?

Edited by Healix.5819
  • Confused 1

Can you explain the note about “choice of three core relics”?

• When we say "your choice of three relics,” we mean that you’ll get to choose a total of three relics (exact number subject to change, but that’s our current plan) from among the available core relics.

My main mesmer has all 8 equipment slots unlocked and I use 5 different types of runes in them, so this current plan of 3 will punish whoever has legendary runes and bought all the equipment slots to use different builds.

Also the example shown in the blogpost about Zephyrite Relic has a different effect than the actual 6th bonus of Zephyrite rune, so will all the other effects also change? Anet should show as example the Superior rune of the Scholar, since it's a rune that is used by most power builds, if the 6th effect actually changes, it might feel less like a punishment for whoever has Scholar runes, but if it's the same effect, it will be really bad having to spend more to have the same effect as before the expansion.

And if the legendary Relic is SotO only, I'm afraid in the future anet will remove a % of weapon stats and sell it as expansion feature to get back to normal since it's the precedent, I can imagine 5th expansion being like "now your Bolt will have 3/4 of the stats and no lightning effects, but you can get the 1/4 stats and lightning effects back crafting the Legendary Sheath (significant progress for each legendary weapon you have!!!)".

As for the "significant progress" for having Legendary runes, will it be what? Gold saved? Time saved? Currency? Account bound materials? Mystic Clovers? A handshake from an NPC?

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

I am not sure how you got that. Even Mukluk's video from yesterday includes the text without the 7.

I checked, Mukluk's video right now is 19 hours ago, My post was 24 hours ago.  This time I took a screenshot. 

• Confused 7

14 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

I checked, Mukluk's video right now is 19 hours ago, My post was 24 hours ago.  This time I took a screenshot. 

That was when the video was uploaded. The video was from a twitch stream earlier in the day.

Edit: The comment below is from 09:17 AM yesterday which is long before your comment and it also includes the text that is currently live. The comment was not edited.

Edited by Graymatter.4723
Add additional information
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Xilicks.9547 said:

Nobody paid $70 for runes, they paid $70 for gold and chose to spend that gold on runes. Anything you buy with gold is subject to have things changed as its a live game with balance updates and system changes. You're arguing that what they bought was changed but if somebody spent irl money on gems and converted it to gold, the thing you bought were the gems/gold which didn't change. Bad argument. 

No, the bad argument is that the purchase can be obfuscated via a currency exchange. Nice try though.

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, I've got a few more answers to questions we've seen frequently. I'll add these to my original post as well:

• Do we need 7 or will 6 that everyone crafted be enough towards the progress? 
    • We recognize most players will have only crafted up to 6 runes, but for players that have crafted seven, the extra effort will be recognized. That said, there is no requirement to make 7 legendary runes.

• Why only "progress towards," rather than rewarding the relic itself? 
    • The relic will need to be unlocked separately because relics will have new abilities beyond those covered by runes previously, and the legendary relic will be capable of expanding with new relic releases.

•  Is the relic choice box granted to each character over level 60, or do you get one per account?  
    • The relic choice box is granted per character.

Thanks for the additional information but I'm not buying it. What part about the legendary relic is so different from the free relics we get on release and makes them unable to be attained and equipped in the same way? If legendary relics are suppose to evolve over time, what then makes it impossible to prepare a core legendary relic at release that we can upgrade through whatever additional hoop we should jump through as owners of legendary runes? Isn't that also the entire point of legendary items, to have all current and future functionality in them with no additional steps?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Bookah pls.9352 said:

If it helps clear up the confusion, here is the blog post on muks video from 19 hours ago which shows that the post stated seven, while his video is just 19 hours ago i would assume he did this on stream as the blog post went up and the delay is from cutting the footage from stream and uploading to youtube.

Looking it up on reddit and here's a post on a gw2 reddit page posted by what appears to be a bot that posts new blog posts automatically with a comment just 6 minutes after the bot made the post also quoting the part about seven runes. The time the bot posted the blog at lines up with when anet usually make posts.

I'm not sure if you've just got mixed up with the lines as one just states legendary runes and the following line states the seven runes part. But in any case i'm not sure what the actual problem is, what are you saying they lied about exactly and what purpose would the lie serve?

I didn't say they lied, I said they sneakily changed it by removing the number "7" , and then I was accused of lying about that.  I saw the post on FB of the new info regarding Relic, I quickly came here to read the blog post specifically to find out if player who only crafted 6 runes will be compensated, there it was: "Players who have already crafted "7" legendary ..." I talked to guildies about it on Discord, came here to check if anyone has started a post where I can put in my disagreement to only compensating 7 runes. I did not even read what follows, I read  "Players who have already crafted "7" Legendary runes and was very annoyed. I wished I'd taken a screenshot. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

That was when the video was uploaded. The video was from a twitch stream earlier in the day.

Edit: The comment below is from 09:17 AM yesterday which is long before your comment and it also includes the text that is currently live. The comment was not edited.

My comment was 7:57 am yesterday.  That wasn't even when I read the blog post, this was probably half to  1 hour after I read the blog post.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

I didn't say they lied, I said they sneakily changed it by removing the number "7" , and then I was accused of lying about that.  I saw the post on FB of the new info regarding Relic, I quickly came here to read the blog post specifically to find out if player who only crafted 6 runes will be compensated, there it was: "Players who have already crafted "7" legendary ..." I talked to guildies about it on Discord, came here to check if anyone has started a post where I can put in my disagreement to only compensating 7 runes. I did not even read what follows, I read  "Players who have already crafted "7" Legendary runes and was very annoyed. I wished I'd taken a screenshot. 

So you understand "you didn't say they lied" because you didn't say that, but you somehow don't understand nobody said YOU lied? You jumped out with "are you saying I lied?!" at Ruby's response, but nowhere I see anyone saying you lied. Well, noone other than yourself who seem to be bent on pushing that weird victimized "did you say I lied?!" on random people in this thread.

Here's the vod https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1877274118?t=0h20m22s which he made shortly after the blogpost went up, as mentioned by him at the posted timestamp.
It gets even better that you claim the mention of seven runes was in this sentence: "Players who have already crafted legendary runes will be compensated with significant progress toward unlocking legendary relics.". And as already mentioned, if you keep reading, this is what the next sentence is (including the sentence you're claiming was changed for some perspective):

Players who have already crafted legendary runes will be compensated with significant progress toward unlocking legendary relics. In fact, each of the seven legendary runes you create will unlock further progress toward these relics.

It's time you admit (even if just to yourself, because it's clear for anyone else) you misremembered what you've read and stop throwing out your weird accusations. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

31 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

My comment was 7:57 am yesterday.  That wasn't even when I read the blog post, this was probably half to  1 hour after I read the blog post.

No, your post is from 4:33pm which is much later than the one I quoted which is 09:17am. Yours is on page 10, the one I quoted is on page 1, the 5th post in this thread. So your post is more than 5 hours after the one I quoted.

Edited by Graymatter.4723
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Alexander.5321 said:

My main mesmer has all 8 equipment slots unlocked and I use 5 different types of runes in them, so this current plan of 3 will punish whoever has legendary runes and bought all the equipment slots to use different builds.

Also the example shown in the blogpost about Zephyrite Relic has a different effect than the actual 6th bonus of Zephyrite rune, so will all the other effects also change? Anet should show as example the Superior rune of the Scholar, since it's a rune that is used by most power builds, if the 6th effect actually changes, it might feel less like a punishment for whoever has Scholar runes, but if it's the same effect, it will be really bad having to spend more to have the same effect as before the expansion.

And if the legendary Relic is SotO only, I'm afraid in the future anet will remove a % of weapon stats and sell it as expansion feature to get back to normal since it's the precedent, I can imagine 5th expansion being like "now your Bolt will have 3/4 of the stats and no lightning effects, but you can get the 1/4 stats and lightning effects back crafting the Legendary Sheath (significant progress for each legendary weapon you have!!!)".

As for the "significant progress" for having Legendary runes, will it be what? Gold saved? Time saved? Currency? Account bound materials? Mystic Clovers? A handshake from an NPC?

This is what I find the most interesting, as a way to get people to keep giving them money - take something we already have, remove it from the game, put it behind new content we have to pay for, repeat. They both save time on having to think of new things and rip people off at the same time. Its a win win for Anet. 

This could have gone down so well for Anet if they just started the post with "if you already have at least 6 runes, at launch of this "new" content you will automatically unlock a legendary relic without needing to buy anything". Then we'd move on right away, have a reason to still get at least 6 runes, everything stays great and its good commication. 

Instead its "Significate progress, and only in a 2024 quarter" 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, I've got a few more answers to questions we've seen frequently. I'll add these to my original post as well:

• The relic will need to be unlocked separately because relics will have new abilities beyond those covered by runes previously, and the legendary relic will be capable of expanding with new relic releases

Hi Rubi, first I want to thank you for keeping us updated on this situation.

My question is: Based on the wording of "The relic will need to be unlocked separately," is it the case that the Legendary Relic is rewarded by a mastery or collection achievement? Whether that is the case or not, I feel letting the community know the method of unlocking the Legendary Relic will help bridge some of the gap in communication around this system.

Thank you!

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

No, your post is from 4:33pm which is much later than the one I quoted which is 09:17am. Yours is on page 10, the one I quoted is on page 1, the 5th post in this thread. So your post is more than 5 hours after the one I quoted.

No, I don't trust you, I trust the clock on this forum and the one on YouTube , they tell me my post is 24hours old, and mukluk's video was 19 hours old (not currently) when I check earlier.

• Confused 9

6 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

• The relic will need to be unlocked separately because relics will have new abilities beyond those covered by runes previously, and the legendary relic will be capable of expanding with new relic releases.

Just dont give relics for free, theres no point in people not making a little effort to make them. Specially people that are full legendary, its like what its gonna cost u 300-400 gold for a new feature which expand ur character, thats cool.

I could only understand the argument that legendary relics wont be available at release, not the "gimme for free the special feature". Feels very unhealthy for the game in general. Tell that to a "new" player that has to make 41241414 legendaries on top of that.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 13

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So you understand "you didn't say they lied" because you didn't say that, but you somehow don't understand nobody said YOU lied? You jumped out with "are you saying I lied?!" at Ruby's response, but nowhere I see anyone saying you lied. Well, noone other than yourself who seem to be bent on pushing that weird victimized "did you say I lied?!" on random people in this thread.

Here's the vod https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1877274118?t=0h20m22s which he made shortly after the blogpost went up, as mentioned by him at the posted timestamp.
It gets even better that you claim the mention of seven runes was in this sentence: "Players who have already crafted legendary runes will be compensated with significant progress toward unlocking legendary relics.". And as already mentioned, if you keep reading, this is what the next sentence is (including the sentence you're claiming was changed for some perspective):

It's time you admit (even if just to yourself, because it's clear for anyone else) you misremembered what you've read and stop throwing out your weird accusations. 🤦‍♂️

First of all, I will admit this only, I do not know what Rubi's intention is by saying that the blog wasn't changed and quoting me. That was why it was a question.

Secondly, I remember very clearly, because I talked about it with a guildie, after that, I came to the forum , the blogpost is changed by than. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

12 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

There are runes that have the same exact stat combinations up to 5 runes and then the 6th rune is different. For example, the runes of the pack, fireworks and surging. Now the rune of the pack actually gives stats (+125 precision) for the 6th rune. But the other two only have the special ability and give no stat bonus. Or does the 25% increase in movement speed count as a stat increase?

• In cases like this, we’ll be making sure that runes with duplicate 1-5 bonuses have unique 6 slot stats. In this example, 25% movement speed will count as a stat increase and will be seen on a handful of rune 6 pieces.

I was looking forward to a 25% movement speed relic so finally I could not nerf my classes with zero access to 25% movement speed traits or sigils being forced to use firework runes instead of what their builds require so incredibly disappointed to see that you guys consider it a stat and won't be making it a relic. 

So if it's going to stay exclusive to runes than please for the love of aurene can you add it to a full condi and full power rune set so those of us who prefer having that speed buff don't have to nerf ourselves to have it on the ton of builds and classes that don't have access to a trait/sigil 25% movement buff. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
  • Will you be retiring any runes (due to duplicates or otherwise)?
    • No. All of the existing rune sets will have unique stat combinations and none of them will be removed.

Holy... kitten.....        

I have no idea how you'll create unique combinations for each of the 100+ runes.

In any case, I salute the dev team working hard to make this happen. Ye have a difficult job, and I just want them to know their hard work is appreciated. 🫡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

No, 
https://ibb.co/xsWFbJQ 
the time stamps cannot be wrong unless the whole forum time is wrong.

This is what the mukluk video says when I checked and took the screenshot when my post was already 24 hours old , even if you check how long the video was uploaded it will always be after I've made my post. lower left "15K view 19 hours ago."
https://ibb.co/Rvqt02m

Edited by babana.7521
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Swanky McDanky.5214 said:

Boo, hiss. I do not like this. Working towards goals; fine. But for the love of god don't let it be build options. When Heart of Thorns first launched, it was impossible to earn the new stat combos outside of PvE and players who exclusively played WvW were precluded from getting access to what would become the de facto meta option in Minstrel's and Nomad's stats for an extended period of time. Now that the single most build defining characteristics are going to be put into yet another grind locked box these traits had better be available by means that are accessible no matter what game mode you choose to play in. 

Nowhere did I say you should not be able to unlock these things in pvp or wvw. I feel like you completely missed what I said.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1