Relics Bring New Equipment to Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

1 minute ago, Zeivu.3615 said:

"After the expansion’s August 22 release, rune sets will continue to provide the same attribute bonuses they currently do."

Basic Functionality hasn't changed.  The relic just changes the set bonus. You still need to do the same thing you do now.

"When the expansion launches, each character of level 60 or above will receive a relic chest to get you started in the new system with a choice of three core relics (exact number subject to change)"

Character based, not account. It would be silly to give toons something they can't use.

Stop playing dumb, no one craft 6 legendary runes for flat stats, they just messed with every legendary player.

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Like 36
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Peter.3901 said:

Stop playing dumb, no one craft 6 legendary runes for flat stats, they just messed with every legendary player.

It's obvious this wasn't taken into account. But it looks like they actually listened to the forum feedback, and even though they can't implement immediately, they see the issue and are fixing it. I mean, if that's what they can do that's what they can do. Acknowledging the problem and saying they're working towards a solution for us is a pretty good response all in all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

Welp, no legendary relic on launch.

Time to re-craft all of the relic effects I'm using across all my builds. Jade Bot inconvenience all over again.

Looking forward to crafting 10+ relics on launch for my builds! Thank you Anet.

Once again, the players that engage the most out of the game get the worst experience.

Here's hoping this legendary relic comes out early in the year instead of being a carrot in the stick to keep engagement numbers up.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

One thing I am wondering now - there are going to be a LOT of runes that are likely to give the exact same stats (since the bonus effect was the differentiator). Will we be seeing another rune overhaul in the future? Or will certain runes just no longer be worth the invested gold/time? I'm curious to see what this looks like going forward and if it is even worth it for people to craft legendary runes moving forward 

• Like 8

For something that took weeks to write there is still a lot of lack of clarity as to what players will get in exchange for legendary runes. You couldn't provide anything such as a percentage of how much progress there would be toward a legendary relic? This doesn't really offer us any new information that Rubi didn't post here weeks ago

It's also disappointing and a little worrying to know that less than half the runes are getting a corresponding relic, when will we find out which runes have completely lost their 6th tier effect?

Some runes have the same stats and so I don't actually see how you came to the conclusion people will be busy theory crafting when there are fewer options than actually exist currently. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Well the Legendary Rune compensation is vague as hell, what's "significant" to one person is irrelevant to another. At least we know there's a Legendary Relic coming but this tells us very little and means that will be mucking about with Relics for some time.

When the expansion launches, each character of level 60 or above will receive a relic chest to get you started in the new system with a choice of three core relics (exact number subject to change). Additional core relics will not be account bound and can be crafted and shared between players.

What does that mean? Is it a chest that allows you to pick 3 Relics or a chest that allows you to pick one Relic from only three options? 

• Like 16

So, after the release of the legendary relic, will the legendary runes become cheaper to craft OR will the legendary runes grant progress toward the legendary relic OR will people get punished because they made their legendary runes too late ?

On the reverse, will people who make the legendary relic first get discount when making legendary runes, OR will they be punished for it ?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Yeah, nah. Soon(tm) is an awful answer to a stupid, unnecessary problem, and what is "significant progress towards"? For 2k gold and a crackton of mats (I could have made a gen3 weapon and made gold off of it instead), that "significant progress" is going to have to be SIGNIFICANT, especially since the timeframe we just got from y'all is Soon(tm).

I didn't have high expectations in the first place, so I'm not AS disappointed as I could be, but, dang, yall. You guys really did forget legendary runes exist. I'm not buying the expac, sorry. 😞

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, WindsOfRebellion.3457 said:

Or will certain runes just no longer be worth the invested gold/time?

I would bet on this.

1 minute ago, WindsOfRebellion.3457 said:

I'm curious to see what this looks like going forward and if it is even worth it for people to craft legendary runes moving forward 

If crafting the runes continues to give progress towards the relic, then they will likely still be worth doing. I'm curious to see the actual implementation of this plan (they were still very vague). Like, if you craft the 7 runes, does it effectively reward out the relic? It really depends on what they end up considering "significant".

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mangoyami.2418 said:

Can we focus on the real issue? the Legendary focus is taking away from the real highlight of this post
The biggest takeaway from the images is that the relics are exotic and soulbound. where is my ascended relic ican move between chars anet?

They're the (very limited selection of) starter ones. "Additional core relics will not be account bound and can be crafted and shared between players."

Dunno about ascended. Again, I'm not sure this system has been thought through at all. It's just change for the sake of change which comes across as a bit of a mess right now. 

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

They basically said: "hey people we heard ur concerns and we will give you info on relics and about compensation for lege runes on 20.07.2023". Today: "Yeap, we take ur 6th piece bonus away! And well guys you will get a compensation, somehow... any time in the future.... maybe.... we will tell you when.... maybe.... well gl with that!"  And so that there is no negativity about this we will close the initial topic!

• Like 31
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I am confused by the use of the plural: Legendary Relics.  Won't we get to craft just one, since there is only one slot?

Also, having to spend resources on exotic relics, because there will be no instant access to a legendary relic, is not the most pleasant thought. I guess I will refrain from using that slot until the legendary version becomes available. I don't need a repetition of having to sell tons of exotic relics (formerly runes) 4+ months after their introduction.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 13
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Mangoyami.2418 said:

Can we focus on the real issue? the Legendary focus is taking away from the real highlight of this post
The biggest takeaway from the images is that the relics are exotic and soulbound. where is my ascended relic ican move between chars anet?

Expansion relics can be obtained through collections, achievements, or story progression. While you can’t trade them, they are available to all characters on your account by visiting an NPC relic vendor after you’ve unlocked them.

The "expansion relics" seem to effectively be ascended relics with a little bit of extra running around.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

No Arena Net, I will not accept your legendary relic solution being "just wait half a year for the functionality you have right now". This is disrespectful to me as a consumer of your product. 

If this goes through, I will just go play something else.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

It's obvious this wasn't taken into account. But it looks like they actually listened to the forum feedback, and even though they can't implement immediately, they see the issue and are fixing it. I mean, if that's what they can do that's what they can do. Acknowledging the problem and saying they're working towards a solution for us is a pretty good response all in all.

I agree with you. If it's takes this long it means they didn't account for it, everyone can make mistakes, the important thing is acknowledging it and working on a solution, in this Anet today's answer is being really good.

They also listened to the concern about breaking builds and are giving one box per char instead of per account, this is really good too.

I will wait for the full list of requirements for the legendary relic when those info are available, and on more details about what "significant" progress really means, but for now I can say I'm, pretty satisfied with Anet response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

So we get a choice of only 3 to choose from at the start? Not the exact relic equivalent of the bonus we have now? Am I reading that right or wrong?

They're giving what would have normally been from the level up rewards.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I am confused by the use of the plural: Legendary Relics.  Won't we get to craft just one, since there is only one slot?

Also, having to spend resources on exotic relics, because there will be no instant access to a legendary relic, is not the most pleasant thought. I guess I will refrain from using that slot until the legendary version becomes available. I don't need a repetition of having to sell tons of exotic relics (formerly runes) 4+ months after their introduction.

"These prestigious relics will offer the convenience of freely swapping between the various relic effects."

You can only use one at a time, but you can make more to use at any time.

Edited by Zeivu.3615
  • Confused 7

7 minutes ago, Mangoyami.2418 said:

Yeah, I hope that that is supposed to be account bound at least and not soulbound. I don't care is it's just that initial Relic(s) you get, soulbound equipment is a pain in the butt.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Zeivu.3615 said:

You can only use one at a time, but you can make more to use at any time.

What does this statement have to do with my previous post? 😂

I will still have only two choices:

1. Craft exotic relics for my account, which I then will have to sell again once the legendary version becomes available.
  2. Use no relics at all until the legendary version becomes available.

I thought my previous post was pretty straight-forward. No idea why you are explaining the obvious to me. 😄

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

What does this statement have to do with my previous post? 😂

I will still have only two choices:

1. Craft exotic relics for my account, which I then will have to sell again once the legendary version becomes available.
  2. Use no relics at all until the legendary version becomes available.

I thought my previous post was pretty straight-forward. No idea why you are explaining the obvious to me. 😄

You made no specifications on the fact that you had legendary. You were asking generically.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

So we are losing QOL for god only knows how long?  I would almost be ok if the legy relic was available day one... But this is not a proper way to handle it.
I'm really not into having to micromanage so much builds after completing all this QoL.

I'm definitely not giving you any money this time and boycotting this extension until you come back to your senses Anet.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2