Relics Bring New Equipment to Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

25 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 How will things be for people who did not made their Legendary Runes before the "deadline" ?

Will the Legendary Runes still give progress toward the Legendary Relic later ? Will making the Legendary Relic give progress toward the Legendary Runes ?

Will the Legendary Runes recipes be made cheaper ?

Should people rush to make Legendary Runes before the "deadline" ? Is the deadline the release of Secrets of the Obscure or is it the release of the Legendary Relic ? And people who don't will be penalized by having to bear the full cost of making the Legendary Runes along the Legendary Relic ?

What deadline Anet have not said anythin  about such a line.

So anyone who make runes now or in the future should get the progress ( if it is even worth to make after the update that is)

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Nr 1 is answered in the blog post.

When the expansion launches, each character of level 60 or above will receive a relic chest to get you started in the new system with a choice of three core relics (exact number subject to change). Additional core relics will not be account bound and can be crafted and shared between players.

By that wording the first 3 or how ever many each character get will be account bound, maybe even soulbound.

i asked for a distinction whether the granted relics are 1) account bound versus 2) character bound... because of the confusion you listed in your own reply (which i bolded)... soulbound means character bound, which means only one character can use it. account bound means that any character on the account can use it, but an additional note is on the item when it's soulbound on use. i was NOT asking if they will be tradeable. ONLY if they're bound to a single character on use or not.

for example:

a) general exotic gear is soulbound on use

b) ascended gear is account bound, but never soulbound on use.

c) certain gear is account bound on acquire, but soulbound on use/

account bound is a higher category in this case, and may or not include the subcategory of soulbound on use.

i'm asking if they will be soulbound on USE or if they will never soulbind. it's very obvious they will be bound to the account.

so NO. it was NOT answered in the blog post.

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

i asked for a distinction whether the granted relics are 1) account bound versus 2) character bound... because of the confusion you listed in your own reply (which i bolded)... soulbound means character bound, which means only one character can use it. account bound means that any character on the account can use it, but an additional note is on the item when it's soulbound on use. i was NOT asking if they will be tradeable. ONLY if they're bound to a single character on use or not.

for example:

a) general exotic gear is soulbound on use

b) ascended gear is account bound, but never soulbound on use.

c) certain gear is account bound on acquire, but soulbound on use/

account bound is a higher category in this case, and may or not include the subcategory of soulbound on use.

i'm asking if they will be soulbound on USE or if they will never soulbind. it's very obvious they will be bound to the account.

so NO. it was NOT answered in the blog post.

Yea I miss read that your in brackets line made it seem like you dident even know it would be account bound my bad.

• Like 3

Long story short, leave runes alone and add the new idea as a seventh slot so that you don't break every build out there. If that means a delay on where that change lands in terms of the expansion, that's fine. It also allows for more sharing on how that impacts build crafting, current, prior and future builds and allows for more sharing on what those traits are so people can plan and prep for upcoming requirements. Leaving the sixth place abilities intact means leaving existing builds in place while players acquire new options that add to those builds versus nerfing builds they already have in place. That gives player the feel of value add versus something was removed that they need to now go back and acquire again. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

It would be better if legendary relic was introduced upon release instead of unspecified "future" a year or so later. Can re-do of runes be delayed until everything is ready?

It feels like getting this expansion is "you pay money _and_ your quality of life is going down"  in addition to breaking many builds (i.e. right now I can use Zephyrite rune to increase superspeed duration but new relic has nothing to do with superspeed at all, which makes me wonder how many builds will get broken because new relics are not one-to-one last effects) 

• Like 12
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I doubt we will receive another dev comment on this topic before release...

Another storm past and a new one that they will not care about, as usual.

We can count ourselves lucky that they "keep an eye on this thread" unlike the many other ones (hello PvP).

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

A suggestion to Anet to compensate owners of legendary runes, until the legendary Relic gets introduced and compensated.

They say there will be a set of core relics and expansion relics, so I'm guessing relics per all expansions, old and new, and for the base/core game.

Everyone gets three free relics from the core relics on release. These are per character, but the blog post suggested your other characters on the same account can visit an NPC to get copies of that relic if you already unlocked it.

So, to compensate owner of legendary runes on release, unlock all core relics for them, and also any that might be tied to expansions these players own, e.g. HoT, PoF and EoD. But leave new ones from SotO locked due to novelty, and same with future relics they add, to be an incentive for Legendary Relic.

Surely should not be difficult to unlock all core relics if they check if your account already has 6 legendary runes, as a minimum requirement.

Edited by Dondarrion.2748
Spelling cos of typing on cellphone... meh
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I doubt we will receive another dev comment on this topic before release...

Well, they can go on as always and hope things will blow over with time, but the reality is that all this stuff just keeps adding up. And eventually when the pile becomes so big that everything will start to collapse under its weight, it's usually wa too late to do something about it.

But then, i doubt they are thinking about longterm health of the game anymore. More like about how to manage to safely tide over to the next financial period.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/28/2023 at 3:40 AM, Linken.6345 said:

What deadline Anet have not said anythin  about such a line.

So anyone who make runes now or in the future should get the progress ( if it is even worth to make after the update that is)

The deadline is the release date of SotO when runes will be changed as part of the release. All runes in the game will have the special ability bonus (for having 6 of the same runes equipped) removed. 

After SotO releases people will still need runes though. The question is, however, which runes will be valuable after SotO releases and which ones will lose their value on the TP?

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

The deadline is the release date of SotO when runes will be changed as part of the release. All runes in the game will have the special ability bonus (for having 6 of the same runes equipped) removed. 

After SotO releases people will still need runes though. The question is, however, which runes will be valuable after SotO releases and which ones will lose their value on the TP?

Great please show me were Anet said that after SotO releases 22/8 then those persons who craft legendary runes will not get progress towards legendary relic mate.

Since that what was I and the person I quoted was speaking about and your answer dont adress that in the slightest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/25/2023 at 3:09 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

I know this was supposed to be funny and snarkastic 😉, but I'd still like to point out that the Relic will not be embedded in a piece of armor, so no Extractor will be needed. 😄

But will we have to visit a Relic Attunement Workbench to slot a different one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

But will we have to visit a Relic Attunement Workbench to slot a different one?

Yes, and you'll have to use special Relic Glue (available in the gem shop in 1/5/25 packages) to glue it into the slot otherwise it might slip out during combat or when you jump around a lot. 😉

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Great please show me were Anet said that after SotO releases 22/8 then those persons who craft legendary runes will not get progress towards legendary relic mate.

Since that what was I and the person I quoted was speaking about and your answer dont adress that in the slightest.

you're right, I misunderstood your post. Apologies.

37 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

As someone who is currently saving up to craft 6 legendary runes, I guess I'm better off to wait?

To be honest, all this situation is a bit sad, but legendaries do provide a great QoL. If you want to keep dealing with changing runes after balance updates, etc, then Leg Runes are not for you. If you want to be able to pick any rune/sigil/whatever stat on a piece of gear in one click and to forget with dealing with runes acquisition then go for them.

Don't look at this specific change, Legendary Runes will still be something valuable. Just less valuable now. And if you go in a future for the Legendary relic, hey, you'll have "significant" progress. 1% it's still significant compared to 0% (which is what I really expected and what it looks we would be given until the backlash).

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, DarkShadow.7104 said:

If you want to be able to pick any rune/sigil/whatever stat on a piece of gear in one click and to forget with dealing with runes acquisition then go for them.

Don't look at this specific change, Legendary Runes will still be something valuable.

Maybe they'll be cheaper to craft with the new expansion and the "nerf" of leg. runes?

Question is whether I should craft them before or after the expansion.

On 7/20/2023 at 11:47 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Will relics that launch cover all the special effect from each 6-rune set?

• Not all existing 6-slot rune bonuses will be available as relics at launch. We will continue adding additional core relics over time as part of our ongoing commitment to improving our core game features.

Depending on which get excluded, that could be a problem... especially for builds and classes that rely on a certain 6 peice set bonus to function properly... Hopefully they will include the majorly played / META ones at a minimum...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

As someone who is currently saving up to craft 6 legendary runes, I guess I'm better off to wait?

If I didn't craft them already, I would wait.

Without the set bonus, you most probably won't have to change runes as often as you do now (main reason to get legendaries) and they will all crash in value.

We don't know how often we will need to change relics (they won't be an exact copy of current runes), what the requirements for a legendary relic are, and what kind of progress runes make towards it, I would wait to know details about those things before deciding if runes are still worth crafting or not.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Tammuz.7361 said:

Depending on which get excluded, that could be a problem... especially for builds and classes that rely on a certain 6 peice set bonus to function properly... Hopefully they will include the majorly played / META ones at a minimum...

Honestly it will be an inconvenience, but we will be able to deal with it as usual...

And yes - many builds need to be changed

• Confused 1