why isnt willbender nerfed in wvw? ​​

Loke.1429

Willbender is too kitten mobile for the amount of defensive mechanics it has. Heavy armor, compensated lower health via aegis and boon stacking. Very easy crit cap potential.

People who are in this echo chamber and compare WB to Thief, clearly don't play Thief. Try to kill a WB as a glass SD Core and we talk. 

Furthermore, many seem to think that WB should be able to zerg dive and survive for some reason, when even warrior is unable to do so. Something doesn't add up. You cannot have the burst and sustain to burst a zerg and then think that the spec is balanced in smaller scale scenarios.

Do I really need to start screenshotting the number of Willbenders present on EB in T1 EU?

Wanna see how many warriors and thieves exist since these 2 are what is compared to WB the most? This blissful ignorance of facts in the forum is why it's frowned upon as an echo chamber.

JI + Whirling Wrath + Whirling Light under Quickness with all the boons available to WB. But let's nerf Arc Divider (still decent nerf, but you get the point).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Sonork.2916 said:

Lots of classes are way out of line with celestial stats for roaming and small scale.  WB is one of them,  but it's not WB elite spec that is the actual problem, it's the overkill of stats on celestial gear.

Cele is op, yes. But WB isn't only great with cele, it is also one of the best non cele specs. Which means it would actually benefit from cele nerfs (unlike cata or harb for example).

So maybe cele isn't what's making wb op, maybe it's what's keeping wb somewhat in check?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Cele is op, yes. But WB isn't only great with cele, it is also one of the best non cele specs. Which means it would actually benefit from cele nerfs (unlike cata or harb for example).

So maybe cele isn't what's making wb op, maybe it's what's keeping wb somewhat in check?

Any half-decent Willbender has a support buddy to buff them and cleanse them after engagements, so it's like there is no counter to WB. Absolutely none. Maybe some spam stealth Virt who can sneakily one shot, otherwise nothing has proved effective. Running Herald or SpB duelists is a death sentence anyway. Herald too glass, SpB not enough boonrip/mobility. No other counter comes to mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

I dont know if I'm lucky enough to fight mostly bad wb's or if my build is a good counter build but I'm doing good in duels vs them with my sw/d weaver. To me harbingers with their boons and condis vomiting  are much more annoying.

Edited by manu.7539
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, manu.7539 said:

I dont know if I'm lucky enough to fight mostly bad wb's or if my build is a good counter build but I'm doing good in duels vs them with my sw/d weaver. To me harbingers with their boons and condis vomiting  are much more annoying.

Duels are different from free roaming. Probably the biggest complaint about WB is their mobility/escape potential on top of their damage and sustain. If it's a mutual duel, the WB isn't running away.

Whether it's due to Cele or not, the fact remains that WB has it all: damage, sustain, and mobility.  Nothing else has all three.  Most only have two.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 5

48 minutes ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

sustain, and mobility.  Nothing else has all three.  Most only have two.

Well,  my weaver pretty much got it all  (just as most others class/spec imo) but you could try a water/arcane/weaver with a sword/dagger set, a mix of cele and trailblazer gear (had more cele  for better sustain and power damage or more trailblazer for better condi damage), runes of speed and sigil of energy (I'm using also hydromancy but this one is optional imo). The  utility skills I'm using are glyph of elemental energy (heal skill), lightning flash, twist of fate, primordial stance and weave self (elite).

Mobility is not as good as willbenders and the build has many weakness but I'm focusing wb's alot since 2-3 months for duels and its doing really good. I played this build for so long, that is maybe a advantage agaisnt many noobs with wb 😛

Edited by manu.7539
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, manu.7539 said:

a mix of cele and trailblazer gear

That's your answer.

Elementalists are even more broken than willbender when using cele gear (trailblazers mixed in just makes it tankier), especially in a straight fight.

There's a reason there's been so much salt in the forums about cele gear and elementalists have always been the main abuser of it. The only reason willbender is in the firing range right now is that you can't run away from them like you can with ele.

That's not your fault, it's a game and you can use the gear that's available. But you can't compare celele to the general experiences in fights.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I don't put much effort into roaming and I never felt Willbender was too strong.  It feels like a fair fight on my old S/D core build and they have to run away from my Celestial Renegade.  If something feels strong just play it yourself.  It's also not likely that there will be a balance patch for small-scale fights.  You could be waiting months/years.  Odds are Willbender will remain strong until it can be replaced with something else from the next expansion.  This pattern can be expected based on this game's history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Willbender remain untouched. The game is a big circus show and it is going to stay this way until everyone leaves and quits. Anet choses to not listen to The Community and continues giving us the finger.

Next meta:

1. Power Creep+Bunker Creep on the same meta

So my advice is, start looking elsewhere. Anet used us for 11 years+ and ignored us. Leave this Toxic game in the trash can where it truly belongs

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

48 minutes ago, Ubik.8315 said:

WB needs every single movement ability nerfing pretty hard.

High damage

Mobility

Surviability

Pick two.

What does willbender's survability look like? As in what are they using to survive?

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

On 10/25/2023 at 9:11 PM, Sonork.2916 said:

When the same 3 people whine and necro a thread over and over, any thread can get to 10 pages. lol   

It's hard to tell if you and the others constantly posting here are intentionally misleading others on your crusade to nerf guardian, or just honestly haven't figured it out what the actual problem is.

I'll say it again, though it may be pointless since you and the others don't actually care what's making WB strong. 

I'll write it a few times,

Celestial stats are the problem.

Lots of classes are way out of line with celestial stats for roaming and small scale.  WB is one of them,  but it's not WB elite spec that is the actual problem, it's the overkill of stats on celestial gear.

tell me you are absolutely clueless without telling me you are absolutely clueless...

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

tell me you are absolutely clueless without telling me you are absolutely clueless...

Could say the same to you, maybe you haven't figured out how to play one of the many classes that can fight and beat WB?  So instead whine on the forums, necro'ing the same thread over and over again in some vain attempt to nerf a class that isn't anymore OP than the other classes running around in wvw atm.  Hmmm.

• Like 8
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

These two were ganking solos near spawn.  Unless there's another meaning, the first one's guild name suggests even they are laughing at WB's broken mobility.

Glassy burst builds are one thing.  They are vulnerable if their burst fails.  But WBs are anything but glassy and on top of that almost no one can chase them when they run.

It's simply stupid.  And whether it's due to Cele stats or not, it needs to be addressed.

https://imgur.com/a/ZwKwtOS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, Sonork.2916 said:

a class that isn't anymore OP than the other classes running around in wvw atm.

reading things like this is why people mock these forums... WB is objectively broken, has the highest burst potential in the game with mobility riveling that of thief and some of the most overloaded abilities in the game yet here you are trying to defend it... it's just laughable...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

reading things like this is why people mock these forums... WB is objectively broken, has the highest burst potential in the game with mobility riveling that of thief and some of the most overloaded abilities in the game yet here you are trying to defend it... it's just laughable...

Not saying WB isn't strong, it is.  Just saying WB is not some unstoppable outlier that sits above all challengers, which you and others here make it out to be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4