why isnt willbender nerfed in wvw? ​​

Loke.1429

5 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

I'v commented a few times here and my point is written there.

If you mean directly quoted message, imo its very clear and I dont have to explain the obvious. Wasnt even directed at you and what you want from me is unclear.

If you came to defend this "person" who tells me that i'm bad, line up, we will quickly figure it out 😉

🙂 lol, as part of the less marbles then required forum group, I hope I don't come across to anyone that that I am implying they are bad. I make terribad calls all the time in game. So, those stones, I leave on the ground as I respawn back and make my way back to the fight.

So where I was unclear was the conversation was on Willy and your points on its ability to evade and then you switch to:

'Once all my brain cells commit sudoku, I will start playing celestial builds.'.

Which between commit and the sudoku it made me smile, hence the oh hai. So I could take it as do the math or with 'commit' wasn't sure if spell checking subbed sudoku instead of seppuku or subiki which again changes the intent of the point. Now that's without actually engaging in how well Willy does or does not do in various situations, which I won't off topic on since I was trying to understand your point verses make one of my own. You don't need to reply since as you said, re-read the other posts, I was just trying to provide more context on where I was coming from when I replied. No skill implications were meant. Hope that helps.

• Confused 2

Can you imagine how fun Willbender will be to fight when it gets access to longbow? It'll have great damage and mitigation in melee, excellent disengage potential, and also a decent 1200 range weapon to turn around and pew pew from distance... fantastic. I hope they don't address the spec, it's going to be fun to abuse it.

However, if they were inclined to fix Willbender now, they'd probably do best by addressing its ability to disengage and how bloated its virtues are. A few suggestions to that end that I can think of are to make Rushing Justice require a target, to make Flowing Resolve a single use skill, and perhaps to remove the damage on Crashing Courage (I mean why not, Willbender virtues, untraited but especially traited, are just bloat on top of more bloat). Start there and if more is needed address it after.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nugatory.8920 said:

Can you imagine how fun Willbender will be to fight when it gets access to longbow? It'll have great damage and mitigation in melee, excellent disengage potential, and also a decent 1200 range weapon to turn around and pew pew from distance... fantastic. I hope they don't address the spec, it's going to be fun to abuse it.

However, if they were inclined to fix Willbender now, they'd probably do best by addressing its ability to disengage and how bloated its virtues are. A few suggestions to that end that I can think of are to make Rushing Justice require a target, to make Flowing Resolve a single use skill, and perhaps to remove the damage on Crashing Courage (I mean why not, Willbender virtues, untraited but especially traited, are just bloat on top of more bloat). Start there and if more is needed address it after.

One downside with a longbow on Willbender is that you won't get any virtue synergy because longbow is about single big-hitting skills and Willbender virtues proc off multi-hitting skills.

2 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

One downside with a longbow on Willbender is that you won't get any virtue synergy because longbow is about single big-hitting skills and Willbender virtues proc off multi-hitting skills.

Yea I thought longbow alacbender was gonna be a thing in zergs but in the beta it was disappointing.

The real problem with fighting a longbow willbender is not being blasted from 1500 range but rather the willbender will have greater pursuit ability. They will port to you and try to lock you down with the CCs and then switch to their other weapon to do whatever.

Currently guardian ranged weapons have horrible tracking and greatsword can be sidestepped so it is possible to pull a WB away if you don't want to fight them  However a LB WB would be able to keep you there longer which would increase the likelihood of other enemies coming in and overunning you.  At best it'd be really annoying.

I did try LB WB in the beta. It was very annoying, though to be fair I couldn't kill anyone. But I was still able to escape and harass people. I thought it wasn't that bad until I realized

Spoiler

I didn't equip any runes.

The only other real concern is would that be the death of the dragonhunter?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

I mean if the shoe fits lol 😂

As a prince I dont wear heels, however, Sinderella, that would be a perfect fit for you.

17 hours ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

also I don’t play willbender in WvW, and most players over inflate their own skills in games it’s quite prevalent actually and they cry more often than not for nerfs to make themselves feel better, especially when you see the same names repeatedly crying for nerfs on any class they aren’t actively playing. 

I bet it one of these celestial monkey builds that I mentioned. Wouldnt be surprised if that some harbringer 

But that has some truth that ppl whine alot about classes they never bothered to look what their skills and expect a free win, experienced it first hand countless amount of times because I play mesmer, seriously demanding a free kill despite admitting they dont know what any of my skills do. So its nuked for being far less broken as other classes because they cant find the real mesmer even if their life would depend on it. WB and celestial gang however is being known for being broken not because no one knows what their skills do

Edited by semak.7481
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

As a prince I dont wear heels, however, Sinderella, that would be a perfect fit for you.

I bet it one of these celestial monkey builds that I mentioned. Wouldnt be surprised if that some harbringer 

But that has some truth that ppl whine alot about classes they never bothered to look what their skills and expect a free win, experienced it first hand countless amount of times because I play mesmer, seriously demanding a free kill despite admitting they dont know what any of my skills do. So its nuked for being far less broken as other classes because they cant find the real mesmer even if their life would depend on it. WB and celestial gang however is being known for being broken not because no one knows what their skills do

Nice try but I’m running around in zerker Reaper because it’s the only true way to play. 

but again I’m not the one making posts calling for nerfs left and right to every class I lose to unlike some people do. It’s a common trend for those that don’t try to improve themselves and would rather whine and get sympathy from other people of like mind and skill set to try and get things nerfed. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Nice try but I’m running around in zerker Reaper because it’s the only true way to play. 

but again I’m not the one making posts calling for nerfs left and right to every class I lose to unlike some people do. It’s a common trend for those that don’t try to improve themselves and would rather whine and get sympathy from other people of like mind and skill set to try and get things nerfed. 

TLDR: watch the vid below 07:30-09:30 and stop trolling.

I mean I get it, some of you cupcakes think bandwagoning onto top specs is all there is, and actually consider that "improving themselves". I am not like that. I care about viability of many specs, how they perform relatively, and frequent test suboptimal off-specs (and find that very fun). Watch the earlier videos in the thread and you see WB overtuning isn't just 1v1 roaming, it is high damage spikes without a real downside (e.g. also in zerg).

I believe that it is positive to constructively discuss here what I see as one of the outlier specs, to see if my point is valid or not; if people agree or not. If that somehow gives me all these traits in your view, well, then idgaf, so move on and troll elsewhere, or talk about the actual balance instead of trying to negate a valid point without any real counter argument for an unknown reason. Yeah it might be my fav spec or your fav spec discussed next, wrongly or correctly, but who cares, it is just a forum. Like "dont talk about X because then you are a rookie", will always show your age more than anything else. Sorry to single your post out here, as there were also other similar ones.

If you need some more input into the discussion to see that I am not trolling, watch this comment on WB in zerg from 07:30-09:30, in addition to maybe reading the thread before posting baseless nay-saying.

Edited by Loke.1429
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Loke.1429 said:

TLDR: watch the vid below 07:30-09:30 and stop trolling.

I mean I get it, some of you cupcakes think bandwagoning onto top specs is all there is, and actually consider that "improving themselves". I am not like that. I care about viability of many specs, how they perform relatively, and frequent test suboptimal off-specs (and find that very fun). Watch the earlier videos in the thread and you see WB overtuning isn't just 1v1 roaming, it is high damage spikes without a real downside (e.g. also in zerg).

I believe that it is positive to constructively discuss here what I see as one of the outlier specs, to see if my point is valid or not; if people agree or not. If that somehow gives me all these traits in your view, well, then idgaf, so move on and troll elsewhere, or talk about the actual balance instead of trying to negate a valid point without any real counter argument for an unknown reason. Yeah it might be my fav spec or your fav spec discussed next, wrongly or correctly, but who cares, it is just a forum. Like "dont talk about X because then you are a rookie", will always show your age more than anything else. Sorry to single your post out here, as there were also other similar ones.

If you need some more input into the discussion to see that I am not trolling, watch this comment on WB in zerg from 07:30-09:30, in addition to maybe reading the thread before posting baseless nay-saying.

Oh no a player did 70k* dps with all those AoE hits… maybe if it was  single target it may be relevant to being op lol 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

On 8/3/2023 at 1:31 AM, semak.7481 said:

WB and celestial gang however is being known for being broken not because no one knows what their skills do

Actually I would disagree here. Play a Willy and watch how many people just stand in the red. As far as Cele, better hope you don't run into a TB Willy, even more so if they have a lockdown battlebuddy on hand. As far as Mez, I agree Willy is the scissors versus paper that are Mez and Thieves, in a similar fashion that Ranger is to Necro and any reflect class is versus Ranger. But at the same time Willy is also weak versus most range with more than base mobility and lack of their own lockdown. But claiming Willy is king of the hill, wouldn't vote for that across a lot of classes/elite and build options. 2 cents on known.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

As far as Mez, I agree Willy is the scissors versus paper that are Mez and Thieves, in a similar fashion that Ranger is to Necro and any reflect class is versus Ranger.

So the Willy beats both 2-0 scissors/paper, the Thief is 1-1, and the Mes gets double screwed, as usual, being the paper to them both. I never liked the concept of rock/paper/scissors in a game like this that wasn't designed with trinity in the first place. It shouldn't be paper has 100% chance to lose to scissors, but a 100% chance to win again rock, it should be they're all hammers and all have 50% chance to win/lose to each other. And yes I understand it's an rpg, there's different classes with their own unique strengths and weaknesses, and there will be variable stats and nothing will ever be balanced, but it's quite obvious that some classes have access to way more defensive tools than others, which gives them a huge advantage in builds and fights over others.

Gw2's answer and solution to all this? delete your paper, and pay to play hammer instead.

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

But at the same time Willy is also weak versus most range with more than base mobility and lack of their own lockdown.

Willy has access to a dozen mobility skills, way more than every other spec, they aren't weak against range when they can just port into them or away whenever they want, and they also have access to lockdowns, it's just a matter of how much the Willy bothers to take of either one. Soon they'll also have access to an axe that has a pull and long range with long bow. Hey maybe with the expansion they'll give them black powder with their pistols too.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/4/2023 at 2:32 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

So the Willy beats both 2-0 scissors/paper, the Thief is 1-1, and the Mes gets double screwed, as usual, being the paper to them both. I never liked the concept of rock/paper/scissors in a game like this that wasn't designed with trinity in the first place. It shouldn't be paper has 100% chance to lose to scissors, but a 100% chance to win again rock, it should be they're all hammers and all have 50% chance to win/lose to each other. And yes I understand it's an rpg, there's different classes with their own unique strengths and weaknesses, and there will be variable stats and nothing will ever be balanced, but it's quite obvious that some classes have access to way more defensive tools than others, which gives them a huge advantage in builds and fights over others.

Gw2's answer and solution to all this? delete your paper, and pay to play hammer instead.

Willy has access to a dozen mobility skills, way more than every other spec, they aren't weak against range when they can just port into them or away whenever they want, and they also have access to lockdowns, it's just a matter of how much the Willy bothers to take of either one. Soon they'll also have access to an axe that has a pull and long range with long bow. Hey maybe with the expansion they'll give them black powder with their pistols too.

Xen, as I said I think Willy is strong against Thief and Mez. I haven't tested them from the Thief and Mez side vs against them from the Willy side. Against the Willy side I have tested a number of melee and range builds that didn't really run into issues with them. I did create a Willy after running into one that won 3 of 3 fights against a melee build. But I think that was less of the build and more of the skill of the player considering the other Willys' that lost to the same toon. Have played others that won a melee fight and then quickly lost to a ranged fight. So to your point, I need to grab some of my Mez alts and try, but I do see them as a counter to Mez like I see Ranger as a hard counter to Necro.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
hit enter by accident

On 8/4/2023 at 9:34 PM, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

there are four things really sucking the fun out of wvw:

porting

So what happened here?

stealth

Where and in what situation do you mean?

harbinger

What and where and against what?

willbender

Mind sharing details?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

Shortbow Renegade and Cele Cata/Cele Tempest  are disgusting too. Don't forget about those.

Again, vague terms. So it sounds like you don't build for addressing issues with condi. So mind sharing what builds are you using if you want forum peeps to help provide options? If you think this is a across all players issue, it's not.

On 7/23/2023 at 4:13 PM, Junkpile.7439 said:

No idea why anet let players use elite specs in WvW when it's clear that elite specs are made for bad PvE player who can't do new PvE content without newest elite spec.  🤦‍♂️

Good post. Game would be easier to balance in the competitive lanes if they left all elite specializations to PvE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Ixl Super Eu Ixl.3259 said:

Good post. Game would be easier to balance in the competitive lanes if they left all elite specializations to PvE. 

We will have to agree to disagree here. In consideration of the lack of other changes, Elites are about the only thing that keeps the sandbox of WvW fresh and without that and considering the lack of other changes I would say we would have lost even more players. That's without factoring outside influences and the lack of them into the equation. Players were already on their way out before elites appeared. So thinking the lack of them aids in keeping people, I would highly question that, IMO.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2023 at 10:08 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

So what happened here?

Where and in what situation do you mean?

Mind sharing details?

Didnt really want to bother with forumlings in this thread but you dont seem to play wvw/know whats going on in general. Try to play the game or something

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

No need to be rude here on this forum! 😡

Where was I rude? Unless you are offended by the made up term 😆

14 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 have been here for some time and seem to know what she/he is talking about.

Dont seems like it, gives me the vibes of somene who spends 95-100% of the time on the forum instead of actually playing

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

Where was I rude? Unless you are offended by the made up term 😆

Dont seems like it, gives me the vibes of somene who spends 95-100% of the time on the forum instead of actually playing

🙂 Yup this WvW that you speak of, what is it? Sounds like another place some of us called home a time back ago. 

To the other point, when you can't be in game, forum wars2 is a good place to hang till you can get a chance to game, and lunch can always lend some time to that game in the game.