There needs to be a confirmation box for Mesmer Portals

The amount of trolling going on in open world events lately being perpetrated by mesmers is starting to get out of hand. It's getting really egregious in events like Triple Trouble where you get sent to a death portal because someone drops a portal on the chest portal spawn, and really really bad in Drizzlewood where the same people that get constantly reported are dropping portals ontop of chests to send people to their death or worse getting stuck in geometry because of it. There really is no excuse for this level of trolling being allowed at this point and something needs to be done.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

It’s really not the difficult to click the right object. I don’t need a confirmation box before I enter a Mesmer portal. 

You know there can be an option to turn that off and on to? You also know that you are taking the same time to mouse over to click that a confirmation box would impose, and not everyone plays this action oriented game in mouse mode, but prefer action mode. Never mind players should not have to be on constant guard because constantly while doing open world events because of the trolls.

Also easy to say that but ignoring that there are some things you just can't click through like the portals that take you to the end of event chest for instance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

This is a nice idea and could  prevent any future  trolling of legendary proportions  .

It's up the company to choose if the default way  is our current form or a  confirmation box . And the appropriate button for the menu to activate/deactivate the mechanic .

Or standing ontop and using auto attack is the "confirmation button" (the portal could  be surrounded by invisible bunnies , that trigger this mechanic when hit by a specuial condition done by the auto-attack (vomiting effect))

Edit: Or a menu item to de-capple the Interact/Portal , by offering special F1-5 keys

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

The wish should be that those ppl get temp. banned and not that it's made more hassle for others.

I'd like an arrow on those portals.

In Drakkar you use portals but which when there are two? One that leads to the champ and the other into some wall to get you stuck.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Debesyla.7102 said:

You do know that the mesmer portals are a cheese strategy and you can use the regular gates too, yeah? 😄 

No I didnt know, because once I was through a regular portal I couldnt access another and needed a mesmer portal.

Did they change that?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

No I didnt know, because once I was through a regular portal I couldnt access another and needed a mesmer portal.

Did they change that?

Its intended mechanic. Need to split in 3 groups and go in separetely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Yeah sure. As if that's working with a squad of randoms.

Never seen that in the 3 years I'm playing.

It worked fine after release for some time. With random pugs. But after some time more and more portals were used so players forgot or new ones just never learnt. 

You only need a few players to skip the first portal to get the second. And theres enough time for the debuff to wear off for the third one and still kill the boss. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Yeah sure. As if that's working with a squad of randoms.

Never seen that in the 3 years I'm playing.

It did and does work. Except enough people know about it so that it's just skipped by default -which doesn't mean that without the portals people suddenly would stop being able to split into 3 groups like they were clearly able to do before.

• Confused 1

On 7/29/2023 at 1:04 PM, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

The amount of trolling going on in open world events lately being perpetrated by mesmers is starting to get out of hand. It's getting really egregious in events like Triple Trouble where you get sent to a death portal because someone drops a portal on the chest portal spawn, and really really bad in Drizzlewood where the same people that get constantly reported are dropping portals ontop of chests to send people to their death or worse getting stuck in geometry because of it. There really is no excuse for this level of trolling being allowed at this point and something needs to be done.

As long as a confirmation box isnt also added to WvW. This would be a massive pain during a fight.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1