What is the purpose of Signet of Humility in this game mode?

Melian.5368

On 8/12/2023 at 4:24 PM, Gop.8713 said:
On 8/12/2023 at 2:08 PM, Nanogrid.7283 said:

What is the purpose in making my bed everyday if I'll just end up unmaking it a few hours later?

No one's ever been able to give me a good answer for this one . . .

I can answer you. It's part of a habit forming ritual to build momentum to do things you don't necessarily want to do, but you should do. You start with the little things, making your bed, brushing your teeth, etc. which builds up to facing more challenging tasks throughout the day, even if you don't like doing them. And if it all goes to kitten throughout the day, at least you come home to a made bed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/13/2023 at 4:24 AM, Gop.8713 said:

No one's ever been able to give me a good answer for this one . . .

For discipline, if you cannot start your day by doing something you do not want to do, how are you suppose to do all the other stuffs you dislike for money? for continuity, if you do not make your bed, you will feel stagnant. To relax, after a hard days work, you do not want to come home to a cluttered, possibly lice/bed bugs infested bed, for impressing the date you brought home. for helping your mother, so you can buy that OMG its so fluffy fluffy pillow to throw on the bed. for taking selfie on, with the omg so pretty pretty bed spread. for the right to say do not put your feet or sleep on my bed because I've just make the bed excuse.

Edited by babana.7521
  • Confused 1

The question you should be asking is how much salt you can generate if you kill the guy while moa'd. I've done this, the ensuing whispers were hilarious. 

Edit: Something to remember, you can still dodge and your 5 skill while moa'd is also a dodge. If you are a daredevil, you still get three dodges too. If you're only facing the mesmer, you can easily dodge his shatter combo and carry on as you were if you don't panic spam evades. 

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741

5 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Uhhhh. No.  Lol.

I had a chrono moa me twice almost back to back. 

I still beat him. 

So an "I win button "? No.

Well in fairness to the other point I moad two people at the west hill shrine on dbl the other day and one of them instantly leaped off the cliff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

so, I was engaged in WvW activities when a zerg launched an attack on SMC. My zerg swiftly responded, but true to form, I charged ahead on my own while the rest of my group was still gathering. I'm not entirely sure what transpired, but somehow, I found myself isolated in the lord's room. It was at this moment that I noticed the enemy zerg getting decimated in the hallway. Before I could react, my attention was captured by a lone Mesmer ascending the stairs. Naturally, I followed suit, and instead of seeking refuge, the Mesmer opted to confront me.

unfortunately for the Mesmer, I had equipped my anti-stealth build, effectively nullifying their chances of using stealth as a tactic. It quickly became evident that the battle was heavily skewed in my favor. Then, out of the blue, I was struck by the fabled Moa signet. However, as we are already aware, the potency of this skill lies in its collaborative use with 2 or 3 additional allies targeting the same victim. Despite this setback, I continued to engage the Mesmer, inadvertently activating the "#2" skill which led me to assail the Mesmer. Remarkably, I sustained minimal damage during this exchange. Subsequently, the Moa form dissipated, and the hapless Mesmer met its "Doom" in a most unexpected rendezvous with gravity, sealing its fate 🙃

• Like 2

considering "moa-signet" is mostly used to annoy people and doesn't matter for roaming anyways, it should just get a wvw-specific effect that doesn't actually turn someone into a brib

it's mainly used trying to sabotage content, usually in combo with engineer pull things ... but yeah, if anet would monitor Wvw, they'll surely be aware of this problem by now. right?

20 minutes ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

What's really fun is when you get moa'd and immobilized at the exact same instant, and then, when you have 1 sec of moa left, see it change to 6 again cause you got re-moa'd.  Soo much counterplay.

Yeah that's totally unlike seeing immobilize refresh every other second for 20s+ as you stand there not able to move.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

It's endemic of the WvW philosophy in that it favours outnumbering groups. It's easy to kite away with moa 5 if  you're 1v1 or you have other players around you, but if you're trying to kite a group of players solo then good luck with no utility skills and no movement skills.

It's not a uniquely annoying skill though, and it's no less fun than say, sitting on a treb for 10 minutes trying to open a T3 structure when your team is outnumbered and it's covered in ACs

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/12/2023 at 8:08 PM, Nanogrid.7283 said:

What is the purpose in putting pineapple in a perfectly well balanced pizza?

What is the purpose in Aliens only showing up in the U.S.A.?

Aliens only shows up in the USA to try to understand what is the purpose in putting pineapple in a perfectly well balanced pizza.

• Haha 1

While there are a lot of tanky builds, perma stealth specs; moa is being a joy savior. 

If mesmer is using that skill, you can see signet's icon on mesmer (boons) and it has 1 second of casting time with a long cooldown. That's pretty fair.

And for mesmers and engineers: You can extend moa duration with Sigil of Paralyzation (30% stun duration) 😛