What is the purpose of Signet of Humility in this game mode?

Melian.5368

It is an incredibly overpowered hard CC (6 seconds polymorph in a competitive mode?!?) that doesn't require any set up. Just watch till target's stability expires and then moa them, and they die because they can't stunbreak out of it. Imagine a skill that completely prevents the opposing player's ability to play the game. Do you know how much damage you can inflict in 6 seconds? And what is the actual purpose of this skill in WvW? I really wonder. What is the envisioned tactical gameplay enhancement that this skill provides in an open world PVP setting, other than griefing.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

To break defense spam/tank builds -> guardians, elementalist, engineers, thieves.

/insertsameexcusetocounteroneshotskills -> You can use the same defenses you use on every other skill to block/evade/los it.

/bonuslmao -> Use it on commanders and watch them freak out.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

What is the purpose in perma stealth thieves?

What is the purpose in perma block\evade\shadowstep willbenders that can take away 4/5 of your hp bar in 3 secs?

What is the purpose in immortal cele harbingers?

What is the purpose in getting kicked from squads for not using meta builds, when it is precisely the meta builds that are rallybotting?

What is the purpose in making my bed everyday if I'll just end up unmaking it a few hours later?

What is the purpose in greeting everyday "Good morning, how are you?" when people always reply with "All good" even when that is not the case?

What is the purpose in putting pineapple in a perfectly well balanced pizza?

What is the purpose in Aliens only showing up in the U.S.A.?

What is the purpose in using this forum?

Edited by Nanogrid.7283
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Moa is just low-level players, don't worry about it, they can't actually use real skills, so they resort to a skill, which unfortunately is longer than Engi elite, longer than Deadeye elite, they just want to make people think they good players, when it's just a desperate move from desperate players. You welcome!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Melian.5368 said:

It is an incredibly overpowered hard CC (6 seconds polymorph in a competitive mode?!?) that doesn't require any set up. Just watch till target's stability expires and then moa them, and they die because they can't stunbreak out of it. Imagine a skill that completely prevents the opposing player's ability to play the game. Do you know how much damage you can inflict in 6 seconds? And what is the actual purpose of this skill in WvW? I really wonder. What is the envisioned tactical gameplay enhancement that this skill provides in an open world PVP setting, other than griefing.

Moa spell 5 gives you an evade , and you still can use your dodge rolls to evade , so you can play arround that , plus if you see a mesmer using his signet , it  shows under his health bar , so expect it to be used and save your evades or  , i know its easy talk than do , but moa mesmers mainly use it when they have premades , so they can target down someone without him being able to do something about it when all his energy ran out. other than that , its not realy used much , since there is better alternatives , and i agree with you , its its a bit broken and toxic   in wvw , but so is stealth and so is willbender that nuke you down while wearing heavy armor and having godlike cleansing and blocks , and the list goes on , i rarely find moa mesmers , i played against top tier servers aka wsr and woe and i can find it twice a weak , and that being said im a roamer so i encounter a lot of kitten builds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Small scale  it can be blocked or dodged and moa skill 5 is a pretty good escape skill. It's not an insta win; I've killed people as a moa before lol.

It's only an issue as a coordinated bomb in group play with multiple pulls/moas; so it's realy only good against commanders. This is completely nullified by having a pocket specter save the commander but of course meta slaves can't even handle that concept so.... yea.

Also I have no interest in fightng those cele bunker builds that want to keep me in combat for the next 10 years. The signet is the way to tell people to gtfo. You talk about l2p when you outheal any condition I can throw at you in 2 seconds when you can't even dodge a single telegraphed non-fatal attack with a 90s cooldown. Please.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

i think that no good player runs this skill as gravity well and jaunt are almost always better in the competitive modes. its used as a crutch to try and quickly one-shot someone when the mesmer has no other game plan, and has largely replaced the one-shot out of stealth tactic.

the virtuoso elite is kind of bad so i can see it being used there as a last resort, but even then the other core elites are better.

its mildly useful for tag sniping, but it runs into the same problem again: if it fails then literally any other elite would've been more useful to your group, especially gravity well which is absolutely essential in pushes and especially in sieges.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I use moa if I'm running up to a small group situation where my allies are outnumbered and obviously fighting some tanky support type classes, then moa is great to even the odds and end the fight.

It's good to use on annoying classes that have way too many tools to deal with, guard and ele specs in particular. You can call it a crutch but so is most of the spammable defensive boons and skills, at least moa is on a long cooldown.

More often than not moa is useless in zerg fights as there's so much defenses thrown around, and only a really terribad commander running terribad support on them would get killed by it, or getting trolled by Lipton. It's good to use a couple times to throw the commanders off their game, and force their mesmers to run veil on their bar.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Small scale  it can be blocked or dodged and moa skill 5 is a pretty good escape skill. It's not an insta win; I've killed people as a moa before lol.

Have to agree here, its actually quite fun to kill while in Moa form since people quite often are expecting the player to run versus them turning and attacking while in it. No will have to go with this one is fine since it's been out there for while, no nerfs no buffs. 

On 8/12/2023 at 7:14 PM, Melian.5368 said:

Do you know how much damage you can inflict in 6 seconds?

No but I know how much damage I can do within the 3s CC of elixir moa. 

Usually 0% because even if the target doesnt block, evade, dodge, invouln and the sound effect trigger and the target visual effect trigger absolutely nothing at all happens.

Just your typical engineer things 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Dawdler.8521

On 8/13/2023 at 2:24 AM, Kozumi.5816 said:

Moa is just an "I win" button.

I always survive moa , nearly almost always , lol its funny but does nothing , you know what happens when commander says I got moa? the squad becomes more protective and aggressive. I don't see any use for that except wasting a skill slot for it.

Edited by babana.7521

spite. When I start killing a lot of people one by one, they always come back with a different class to try to kill me. When they die again, they always bring a mesmer to moa me. When I ruin a zerg push and they keep getting wiped, they always bring a mesmer to moa me.

I only die if I'm alone since moa-kittens never fight alone and always have 2-3 thieves/willbenders with them.

Alone they're worthless, in fact, I once downed one after getting moa'd (while in moa form), another mesmer try to save him and moa'd me right away again, I killed the first one, downed the second one a their whole zerg had to leave FK to save him. I survived.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Hold on just a minute... pineapple gives  a nice sweet glaze that bring out the flavor of a pizza, just like eating a peanut butter and apple sandwich, yummy.... Growing up eating a variety of fruits fresh from the vine, bush, tree or root gives you an appreciation of the natural goodness the all mighty placed here for us.

Vegetable pizzas are good too, another yummy.

3 minutes ago, Widebody.5071 said:

Hold on just a minute... pineapple gives  a nice sweet glaze that bring out the flavor of a pizza, just like eating a peanut butter and apple sandwich, yummy.... Growing up eating a variety of fruits fresh from the vine, bush, tree or root gives you an appreciation of the natural goodness the all mighty placed here for us.

Vegetable pizzas are good too, another yummy.

See people, moa really isnt the worst heresy here.

• Haha 3

I take it as a sign that whover Moa's you knows you are a threat as the skill is on a larger CD and they've gotta target someone.

Not that being Moa'd is fun though, most you can do is as others said, be aggressive with it.  If you get Moa'd in the middle of a group or zerg though you just sorta have to accept being SOL unless that group is REALLY uncoordinated.