Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

3 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

I see, so just login reward is even worse ...

We don't know yet. If I understand the discussion correctly, Linken.6345 was just giving what he thought would be a fair return for the 25 aa. I don't think we have any definitive information yet on the cost of the items which can be bought with the new currency.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

From what I understood you get 5 AA for login. Then you can get another 5 for daily achievements. Not sure where you get 25, point me to the source if possible.

11 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:
11 hours ago, Wolve.4576 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Is one of the 'daily objectives' simply logging into the game as the daily login reward system currently works?

There will be one objective every day for logging in. This objective gives 5 astral acclaim (standard daily objectives give 10).

• Thanks 1

Just now, DoctorOverlord.8620 said:

I'm interested in seeing how the rewards and numbers work out, right now I don't feel there is enough details to decide one way or another, but I think the general vision they have could be something that could work better compared to other examples of battlepasses that have been done.

IMO no battlepass is the best battlepass 🙂 But maybe just me ...

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i think that statistic is being misinterpreted, as clearly the supply from fractal challenge motes was too much and had to be nerfed. if that was the case, then the majority of mystic coins can't be coming from daily login rewards, or the nerf would've been pointless?

It wasn't pointless - it was done to promote EoD strikes over fractals. But yes, MCs coming from old fractal CM rewards having no real impact on overall supply was something that got admitted in the context of that very discussion about this reward change.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

The 25 was you have to complete 3 objectives to earn the 2 gold now and you should have to do that after since the login give 5 and Ruby said the ones you do give 10 each it lands on 25 for a daily after.

So yea it should require the same and not just login for 2 gold right?

That would be 35 (3 dailies and a login). And in the course of 28 days (so, 980 astral acclaims) it should be enough to not only buy 56 gold (and other mats that came from individual daily rewards - like MCs for daily mystic forger, or material chests for harvest dailies), but still be good enough to buy the 28 days worth of daily login rewards on top of it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I like the change because this will affect multi-account players. As a player of an account, I make an effort to play to achieve my goals.

I have noticed that in this forum there are enough players with multi-accounts that they will no longer be able to make gold just by logging in

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, WRay.2391 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 

Thank you for clarification, but at this point everybody understands that system is different. We seek clarification on passive income in terms of login and how it will translate into new system. For me personally it is a question where I want to keep pre-order and see changes at all. So I would like to make decision before release in case I want to refund.
This game is awesome, I just may not agree on direction it's taking and don't want to spend on it anymore (unless I have wrong understanding and your clarification will clear spots of missing information).

So many people consider passive income a very important factor or just some?

Since they are updating the system does the game really owe us passive income from a game design perspective in general?

If they are "balancing the log in system" I suspect the daily log in net gold will be less but that the active profit (from events and content) will be the rest of the value if not more. I know generally in game design if you give more flexibility then that should reduce initial efficacy in a point system.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I have a couple of alternate paid core accounts and am also concerned about what this all means for them. I do not multi-box and even my second alt has >12k AP, so I am actively playing them. There are players that play multiple accounts...not just multi-boxers. With all the news I am concerned about the direction Anet is going with paid core accounts.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Alt accounts is not a feature in gw2. Its a way people abused the daily reward system to get more value out of it with less time/money spent. What did you expect when opting into it? 

Btw you still have access to ur alt accounts and you still can play them to the full extent. So there is literary no basis to compensate in any way from anets part. This change had to be done and i personally glad they did it. 

As for "but i paid money..." argument. Yes you did and you did it on purpose, knowing what you are getting for that price - alt account. Nothing less, nothing more. Besides most "alt account farmers" already got their money worth of return via daily rewards. So chill, relax and enjoy the ride.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 5

46 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

And the price of Mystic coins is visiting SpaceX at the moment ...

Yeah like it did before EOD and then dropped 5 fold after release. 

If MCs become more farmable through the vault and less of a daily login timegate the effect could be the other way. 

All I'm looking for is a proper statement of intent from ANET about this. I only have one account, and I play every day, so in theory I should be one of the beneficiaries. But  I'm still flying blind about what their intent is. If I play every day for 28 days, should I be expecting MORE than I used to get under the login rewards/dailies systems that are being replaced? Will there be caps in place to prevent me getting more of a particular currency than I used to be able to get? (So a cap of 7 on clovers for the 28 days, or 20 on mystic coins?)

What are they trying to achieve from this change, apart from forcing active participation (which is no bad thing). Are they pushing the rewards up? Down? Are they reducing or enhancing our ability to earn currency this way?

It's not much to ask for a bit of detail, surely?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

So many people consider passive income a very important factor or just some?

Since they are updating the system does the game really owe us passive income from a game design perspective in general?

If they are "balancing the log in system" I suspect the daily log in net gold will be less but that the active profit (from events and content) will be the rest of the value if not more. I know generally in game design if you give more flexibility then that should reduce initial efficacy in a point system.

They haven't outright stated the outcome of the system change over, perhaps doing events = the same amount of income as before or more. (in regard to the login, they already said daily yes) We don't know what the reward costs for acclaim will be so we don't know if this system ultimately gives more rewards for more effort or not.
However the last 9ish years from when the current log-in reward system was implemented it has been a corner stone of the mystic coin economy according to anet last year when people got upset about the coins being removed from fractal CMs. (which was just a straight nerf to CM rewards) We can argue the old system was not a good design decision in the long run but it is the system we have right now and we don't know the impact of the new system only what potentially will happen if it comes up short. Maybe coins will crash like when strikes helped to flood the market or maybe we'll be staring at 4 gold per coin by December. For the record, the very first daily system gave so many mystic coins for fully completing dailies they were almost worthless before HoT.

Edited by Vidit.7108

12 minutes ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

All I'm looking for is a proper statement of intent from ANET about this. I only have one account, and I play every day, so in theory I should be one of the beneficiaries. But  I'm still flying blind about what their intent is. If I play every day for 28 days, should I be expecting MORE than I used to get under the login rewards/dailies systems that are being replaced? Will there be caps in place to prevent me getting more of a particular currency than I used to be able to get? (So a cap of 7 on clovers for the 28 days, or 20 on mystic coins?)

What are they trying to achieve from this change, apart from forcing active participation (which is no bad thing). Are they pushing the rewards up? Down? Are they reducing or enhancing our ability to earn currency this way?

It's not much to ask for a bit of detail, surely?

In the end I think you can look at it this way. Active playing will be now more rewarding compared to passive. So regardless of how the rewards will look like you will get more compared to other players in the economy as you do now if you actually play the game (because multi boxer skew things, but how much is a mystery, probably not much, I would presume vast majority of players have 1 account). 

In the end how many and which rewards you will get through the system can always be a subject to balancing and I doubt they want to offset the economy substantially or in a more restrictive manner. 

I am hopeful based on their narrative that this means I can be more flexible with my playtime and activities I do in game for the current daily login/achiev rewards I care for.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Of course by “discover,” we mean “receive in exchange for currency acquired by completing objectives,” and by “wonders,” we mean “reward items,” but that’d be a very cumbersome title indeed...

Read on

I've got an answer to some questions I've seen frequently in this thread, so I'm going to add them here to make sure they're easily found!

• Q: What about Mystic Coins, Laurels, Mystic Clovers, gold, and achievement points that we were getting with dailies? 
    • A: Gold, Laurels, Mystic Clovers, and Mystic Coins can all be purchased in the Wizard's Vault for completing your daily objectives. Daily achievement points will still be available as well, you'll earn them by completing your Wizard's Vault daily objectives.
      • *Edited to specify that Mystic Clovers are available as well* 
    •  One change the Wizard's Vault brings for these daily items is that you can choose the order of what you get. So for example if you are currently focused on Mystic Coins, you can keep buying those and save the other items for later.

• Q: Are there still daily login rewards?
    • A: There will be one objective every day for logging in. This objective gives 5 astral acclaim (standard daily objectives give 10).

How will the new system affect the 2% account gold find currently earned from the day 28 reward chest?
is this feature being removed as an option in the Wizards Vault, and if so, does this unfairly affect younger accounts by never being able to earn as much as more veteran account?

also, are the new daily activities still going to provide Writs of Experience?
when EoD launched you introduced several new methods for acquiring both Mystic coins and clovers from Raids, Fractals, and Strikes using currencies including Spirit shards; one of the most common methods for acquiring those spirit shards is through Tomes of Knowledge bought with Writs of Experience, is this going to be option in the Wizards vault?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Yeah like it did before EOD and then dropped 5 fold after release.

They've risen because people expected 3rd gen legendaries to use as much MCs as 2nd gen ones, when actually they ended up requiring even less than 1st gen. And there was also the "small" case of market manipulation by one tp baron that fueled it by using item duping exploits.

1 hour ago, Cuks.8241 said:

If MCs become more farmable through the vault and less of a daily login timegate the effect could be the other way. 

Yes, but in order to balance the loss from passive generation the active generation capability would have to be really significant. Even if overall "buying" power would remain comparable to the old system (which likely it won't), the mere fact of switching from passive to active is going to reduce supply by a significant factor. To compensate for that, the new "daily" rewards would need to be significantly better - and by that i do not mean just two or three times better, but at least order of magnitude better. That's even without considering how likely most of the buying power of acclaims will likely be spent not on materials, but on visuals/aestethic rewards.

Do you really think it's likely to happen?

• Like 3
  • Confused 4