SotO will bring some pretty putrid PvP builds...

Malus.2184

And at this point, I'm all for it since there are a few builds that are a lot better than most and that are already insanely putrid without any further weapon choices. Perhaps the new builds will be natural predators for them. Since ANet seems to want to do nothing to balance the cause of the specs being OP the solution seems to be "if everything is OP nothing will be OP."

Yeah and it's a total indirect nerf to my poor Scrapper class for a fifth time.  Not like I'm going to be running holo's sword without any heat traits which it is ENTIRELY based around.  But everyone else gets new weapons.  Oh and condi mace scrapper... sure that'll be great.

Yup that's what a scrapper gets for new options... so yay.  

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Downstate.4697 said:

I doubt there will be any meta defining changes based on what I’ve seen.

Maybe d/d untamed, sw/x cata, hammer holo.

They would have to make some significant changes for me to change my opinion on anything else.

you're missing so many, necro, scepter dd, shortbow condi herald, gs herald/renegade, shortbow vindi, mace scrapper, shield on mirage, axe on virt, sword cata, hammer holo, dagger on hammer zerker, staff soulbeast...there's a lot of potential

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

I know a Virt player who is positively drooling over what she's going to get.   Not sure what it was exactly... but something that super synergises.

Mirage and Chronomaner's Axe/Shield (extra evade and block for Virtuoso's block and evade traits). They also come with a double CC, a detarget, and blade generating skills too. 

13 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

I know a Virt player who is positively drooling over what she's going to get.   Not sure what it was exactly... but something that super synergises.

its the axe from mirage, since virtuoso is usually played as a condition build but dagger (and most other weapons) are power only. many classes are in similar situations, since the weapons were designed around the strengths and weaknesses of the classes.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

18 hours ago, Downstate.4697 said:

They would have to make some significant changes for me to change my opinion on anything else.

wait until you see mirage with staff and shield bunkering a nuclear bombardment

• Like 2

i think there is a video on YT that devs don't want balance. its more about refresh the meta. 

that way game keeps feel interesting.

the new weapons will be the wild card and from experience new expansion comes with advantage for the buyers.

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Pretty sure it's going to bring massive power creep. Just a few things to mention:

1. Dagger unblockable boon rips unlocked for all War specs.
  2. Shortbow for Condi Herald <- This will undoubtably be very strong.
  3. ALL of the cross weapon play across Guardian specs is going to be amazingly abusive and serious power creep for the class. We're talking FB Axe and WBer off hand Sword on a DH, or a Willbender with True Shot. Guarantee you on day 1 people will be #1 priority complaining about the massive oneshots that are going to be rolling off Guardian specs. The frustration will far surpass what we are seeing now with Soulbeast. They're gonna open Pandora's Box with cross weapon Guardian play. Willbender with a Longbow might completely replace the class Ranger. Dead serious about this.
  4. Ranger isn't getting anything out this unless the new mace somehow ends up being good.
  5. Specter with Staff bouncy bounce shroud evade bounce dodge shroud dodge evade dodge shroud stealth reset rinse repeat. It will likely have mediocre DPS at best, but this will be the #1 hardest build in the game to kill. It'll be a nightmare to deal with on a side node, especially if you throw blind spam into all of that.
  6. Bruh, Holosmiths with Scrapper Hammer. Imagine.
  7. I don't think Ele & Mes are getting much out of this patch either tbh.
  8. Necromancer will also undergo some pretty serious power creep, although I do not think it will be as bad as Guardian. Necro will mainly benefit a massive amount of new viable builds to play. Greatsword, Torch, Pistol going full Necro-wide is actually crazy when you take a couple minutes to consider what can be done with this.

And this ^ isn't even considering w/e the new weapons will bring, considering some of them actually have strong designs. 

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Druid Staff > Soulbeast Stance Share. :V

Soulbeast with staff and sword, axe/wh or longbow will be good. 

Lot of heals with weed plant heals, stealth with the pets, blast combos with water field 5, sword leaps, wh blast, melded smokescale beast blast, + all the stealth and mobility it will be wild. 

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Pretty sure it's going to bring massive power creep. Just a few things to mention:

1. Dagger unblockable boon rips unlocked for all War specs.
  2. Shortbow for Condi Herald <- This will undoubtably be very strong.
  3. ALL of the cross weapon play across Guardian specs is going to be amazingly abusive and serious power creep for the class. We're talking FB Axe and WBer off hand Sword on a DH, or a Willbender with True Shot. Guarantee you on day 1 people will be #1 priority complaining about the massive oneshots that are going to be rolling off Guardian specs. The frustration will far surpass what we are seeing now with Soulbeast. They're gonna open Pandora's Box with cross weapon Guardian play. Willbender with a Longbow might completely replace the class Ranger. Dead serious about this.
  4. Ranger isn't getting anything out this unless the new mace somehow ends up being good.
  5. Specter with Staff bouncy bounce shroud evade bounce dodge shroud dodge evade dodge shroud stealth reset rinse repeat. It will likely have mediocre DPS at best, but this will be the #1 hardest build in the game to kill. It'll be a nightmare to deal with on a side node, especially if you throw blind spam into all of that.
  6. Bruh, Holosmiths with Scrapper Hammer. Imagine.
  7. I don't think Ele & Mes are getting much out of this patch either tbh.
  8. Necromancer will also undergo some pretty serious power creep, although I do not think it will be as bad as Guardian. Necro will mainly benefit a massive amount of new viable builds to play. Greatsword, Torch, Pistol going full Necro-wide is actually crazy when you take a couple minutes to consider what can be done with this.

And this ^ isn't even considering w/e the new weapons will bring, considering some of them actually have strong designs. 

D/d untamed is decent from what I’ve seen. The biggest thing is how side node builds will hold up vs berserker, which I think a rabid untamed could potentially do well into.

I don’t think we will see much power creep without adjustments to weapons. Staff on thief uses too much initiative. Willbender will still suffer from sustain issues. Necro weapons don’t really solve core issues necro has. Dagger on berserker is actually terrible outside of wvw zergs. Shortbow herald might be good.

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Specter with Staff bouncy bounce shroud evade bounce dodge shroud dodge evade dodge shroud stealth reset rinse repeat. It will likely have mediocre DPS at best, but this will be the #1 hardest build in the game to kill. It'll be a nightmare to deal with on a side node, especially if you throw blind spam into all of that.

No... staff sucks. The only weapon on thief thats actually good across other specs is scepter. And scepter is bugged on deadeye and doesnt give you malice so...

• Like 2