"A peak inside the Wizard's Vault"

5 hours ago, PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:

They ripped off the Wow traders' tender journal track system.  That's what it looks like from the outside anyway.  Which I think Wow stole from WvW, but I could be wrong.  Could be the other way around.  Either way looks just like it.

this is from Neverwinter(Pwe) "dailies" even the currency name is 'astral' something

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

just a remind that Pwe(perfect world enteirtament) games are big pay to win.

this replacing our dailies ins't a good sign.

in EoD they messed with fractals to promote Eod strikes.

I agree this is a sign, getting rid of basically free gold free mc free laurels and other items, is putting us on a pay pay pay path. When i started this game leveling up it was the login rewards and the gold reward that built me to be able to have a  nest egg for when i hit 80. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 8

Something that just occured to me: the screenshot in the article shows a maximum of 1,300 astral acclaim can be held at a time, so that's the absolute maximum a single item can cost, otherwise it'd be impossible to buy it. (I don't know if anything does cost that much, but I do know it can't cost more.)

You get 5 astral acclaim per day by logging in, so if you did nothing else it would take 260 days to reach the cap.

You can get 40 astral acclaim for each weekly and can complete 6 of them per week for a total of 240 acclaim. In the official thread Rubi said dailies award 10 per day, but I don't think we know how many of them you can do each day. Assuming you did 6 weeklies each week and 1 daily each day (in addition to the one for logging in) you'd get 345 astral acclaim per week. At that rate it would take just under 4 weeks to reach the cap. (And it's likely it will be possible to do more than 1 daily.)

Obviously this is just a few examples using the numbers currently available to us, but it's making me feel better about the system because it suggests that getting even the most expensive items won't be massively time consuming. Of course I assume someone like me still won't be able to buy everything, but it's unlikely I'll want to.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Something that just occured to me: the screenshot in the article shows a maximum of 1,300 astral acclaim can be held at a time, so that's the absolute maximum a single item can cost, otherwise it'd be impossible to buy it. (I don't know if anything does cost that much, but I do know it can't cost more.)

You get 5 astral acclaim per day by logging in, so if you did nothing else it would take 260 days to reach the cap.

You can get 40 astral acclaim for each weekly and can complete 6 of them per week for a total of 240 acclaim. In the official thread Rubi said dailies award 10 per day, but I don't think we know how many of them you can do each day. Assuming you did 6 weeklies each week and 1 daily each day (in addition to the one for logging in) you'd get 345 astral acclaim per week. At that rate it would take just under 4 weeks to reach the cap. (And it's likely it will be possible to do more than 1 daily.)

Obviously this is just a few examples using the numbers currently available to us, but it's making me feel better about the system because it suggests that getting even the most expensive items won't be massively time consuming. Of course I assume someone like me still won't be able to buy everything, but it's unlikely I'll want to.

its close to WvW tickets system. but i don't remenber if wvw is 700 or 500 per week.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Are we sure that's what "1300" means? Could it mean you've earned 310 of 1300 max for this week? Or something like that?

I suppose it's possible it's not an overall total, but it can't be how many you can earn per week. Firstly the screenshot shows 310 of 1300 points earned but 0/6 weeklies completed, so those points didn't come from there. Secondly the bar at the top shows you can only complete 6 weeklies and they give 40 points each - that means the cap on earning them that way is 240 (and there would be no need for a seperate way to track it).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeePlease.3082 said:

And in many other "battle pass" style systems, you're under a time crunch to complete all the tasks before it expires otherwise you miss out -- but you can swipe to earn progression, which is likely what they are hoping the more casual player will do. Even in WoW's trading post you can only Hold 1 item over to the next month, otherwise the items on the post go away until they cycle back in. I hate those fomo-style systems, so this sounds like a much better version of the system. 

Now an even much better version of the system would be no system at all and remove timegates from the game 😄

Because seriously. Not everyone can play every day. If I play 10 hours in 7 days or 10 hours in 1 day it shouldn't make a difference for rewards.

Hopefully BG3 shakes the industry a little bit and away from theses silly schemes.

Edited by Deihnyx.6318
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

in EoD they messed with fractals to promote Eod strikes.

People don't really do strikes still. it's extremely niche content unlike fractals. Not only due to strikes being not that fun, but the main reason is because they are devoid of rewards. This "rewards" team thinks a proper CM reward is a weapon skin for completing it 25 times, too.

Weapon skins are not rewards in a game with legendary weapons.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

If the weeklies are the "uncomfortable zone" , so they  test other areas , have a popup that show a "? -random" moving chest that have a chnce for the new currency or something else (like the WvW box).

The specials are mount activities //minigames// old metas ? Any chance for the PvP-tournament-timer to funnel them at specific times ?

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 1

• ArenaNet Staff
9 hours ago, Ariurotl.3718 said:

Just got this email and I sure am looking forward to this peak, i.e. a mountain of some description (how did the wizard even get an entire mountain into his vault, I guess that's magic for ya), and absolutely not a peek which would be a sneak preview. Cheers.

😄 Just confirming that this is an intended pun. 
Source: I asked the author this morning. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, pallas.8150 said:

I'm wondering how this will affect those of us who are really, really close to AP on something we want at the moment.

Wont affect you at all since they already said in the blogpost you will still get the 10 ap for the new dailies if you are not at the 15k cap already that is.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizards-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

The Wizard’s Vault replaces the existing daily login rewards and daily achievements—specifically the generic Daily category. Other categories (like Daily Fractals, Daily End of Dragons, etc.) will still be around in the achievements panel.

You’ll continue to receive progress toward Daily Completionist by completing Wizard’s Vault daily objectives and achievement points from the Wizard’s Vault Daily Completionist achievement.

Edit

Seriously do people even read the blogpost or just fling out questions while just skimming the headlines?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deihnyx.6318 said:

Now an even much better version of the system would be no system at all and remove timegates from the game 😄

Because seriously. Not everyone can play every day. If I play 10 hours in 7 days or 10 hours in 1 day it shouldn't make a difference for rewards.

I see what you're trying to say, but that doesn't make any sense. If you are only playing 10 hours a week vs 10 hours a day, you are already earning less than someone playing 10 hours a day. You're also definitely earning significantly less than someone who knows how to farm optimally, unless you spend your 10 hours a week exclusively doing that.

It's a horizontal progression game that gives you rewards for time investment, so if you are not investing as much time as someone else of course you wont earn as much. What incentive would someone who wants to play 10 hours a day have to play if their rewards were chopped to match someone who just logged in for 10 hours a week?

The difference here is the rewards have goal posts and you can work towards them at your own pace, vs other similar systems where you are either there or you miss out completely.   

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, CoffeePlease.3082 said:

I see what you're trying to say, but that doesn't make any sense. If you are only playing 10 hours a week vs 10 hours a day, you are already earning less than someone playing 10 hours a day. You're also definitely earning significantly less than someone who knows how to farm optimally, unless you spend your 10 hours a week exclusively doing that.

It's a horizontal progression game that gives you rewards for time investment, so if you are not investing as much time as someone else of course you wont earn as much. What incentive would someone who wants to play 10 hours a day have to play if their rewards were chopped to match someone who just logged in for 10 hours a week?

The difference here is the rewards have goal posts and you can work towards them at your own pace, vs other similar systems where you are either there or you miss out completely.   

They are saying that 10 hours of play should equal 10 hours a play.  It shouldn't matter whether that is 10 hours in a single day, or 1 hour a day for 10 days.  But, games keep trying to pad their stats of how many players log in each day.  So, for those of us with jobs, families, who may only get 1 day a week to play all day the rewards are NOT the same as a person who gets to play a single hour every single day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

They are saying that 10 hours of play should equal 10 hours a play.  It shouldn't matter whether that is 10 hours in a single day, or 1 hour a day for 10 days.  But, games keep trying to pad their stats of how many players log in each day.  So, for those of us with jobs, families, who may only get 1 day a week to play all day the rewards are NOT the same as a person who gets to play a single hour every single day.

Exactly. And I hope this system is a step towards it. I know the daily fomo will never be completely removed but any step against it is welcome to me. 

• Confused 1