"A peak inside the Wizard's Vault"

I do have questions though.

1. Are the AP earned from the new system fall under the same daily limit of 15k AP? So overall, no matter if you did super old monthly, the now retired dailies, or the new dailies, everyone is capped at 15k, and no veteran players have an edge.
  2. What is happening to laurels? Are they retired and now transform/exchanged to the new astral currency? With what you could buy with laurels becoming things you can buy with the new currency?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Skie.8904 said:

1. Are the AP earned from the new system fall under the same daily limit of 15k AP? So overall, no matter if you did super old monthly, the now retired dailies, or the new dailies, everyone is capped at 15k, and no veteran players have an edge.
  2. What is happening to laurels? Are they retired and now transform/exchanged to the new astral currency? With what you could buy with laurels becoming things you can buy with the new currency?

I'm really confused. Does this imply there's players doing more than 15k AP per day? There's some competitive scene where you compare AP? Why would veteran players 'need an edge' in getting achievement points?

• Confused 1

Attempting to clarify. The achievement points you get from dailies are capped at 15,000. This cap include the old monthlies.
If the new dailies don't fall under this cap, it means that there are up to 15k AP that no one can earn any more. Hence I assume they fall under the same cap.

8 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

I'm really confused. Does this imply there's players doing more than 15k AP per day? There's some competitive scene where you compare AP? Why would veteran players 'need an edge' in getting achievement points?

No. You get 10AP from the daily completionist achievement, but there us a hard limit of 15k that you can earn from doing the daily completionist achievement all the time

1 hour ago, Skie.8904 said:

Under the Gameplay Direction it says "You’ll continue to receive progress toward Daily Completionist by completing Wizard’s Vault daily objectives and achievement points from the Wizard’s Vault Daily Completionist achievement." 

About the Laurels, I got no idea, they didn't mention anything. 

• Like 2

I have one question, and it's a rather important one as what I'm seeing first in the screenshot is SPVP...
Do we need to do all of the dailies/weekly to maximize the acclaims, or is there a limit?

Like, will we be FORCED to play SPVP if we want maximum rewards?
Because if that's the case, it's a big fail in the "anxiety free" argument.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Deihnyx.6318 said:

I have one question, and it's a rather important one as what I'm seeing first in the screenshot is SPVP...
Do we need to do all of the dailies/weekly to maximize the acclaims, or is there a limit?

I guess we will have to wait a week and see.....there is many concerning things about this "battle pass" and I dont like it...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

I guess we will have to wait a week and see.....there is many concerning things about this "battle pass" and I dont like it...

Yeah, too many games have gone this route and it creates a more stressful atmosphere due to FOMO...it's like having a deadline at work that you slowly chip away at until you realize a hard deadline is approaching and you're cramming at the end to finish it, foregoing sleep and depleting your coffee bean reserves in the process...it's not healthy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Deihnyx.6318 said:

You have to play PvP and WvW to get maximum possible rewards now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

I feel like I'm missing something in this article because I've never played a game with any type of 'battlepass' system and don't know how they work, and the whole article was obviously written to compare this new system to those. But what it describes sounds good, I like that they specified there's no real-money or gem cost involved, and really like that we'll be able to choose rewards. That's often been an issue with the current login rewards - there's been numerous topics saying some of the items are useless but (with the possible exception of repair canisters) little consensus on which ones could be removed or what to replace them with.

11 minutes ago, Deihnyx.6318 said:

From the article: "One of the goals for the Wizard’s Vault as a system is to give suggestions to players looking for something to do in the game. To that end, we have daily, weekly, and special objectives related to PvE, WvW, and PvP. Those three categories are presented as checkbox options so you can choose from one, two, or all three categories."

So it sounds like you'll be able to pick whether you want to do all 3, or just 1 or 2 types.

1 minute ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Yeah, too many games have gone this route and it creates a more stressful atmosphere due to FOMO...it's like having a deadline at work that you slowly chip away at until you realize a hard deadline is approaching and you're cramming at the end to finish it, foregoing sleep and depleting your coffee bean reserves in the process...it's not healthy.

According to the article they're trying to avoid that. It says the exclusive rewards will be permenantly available and specifically says that's to stop players worrying about missing timed rewards.

I still assume someone like me - someone who can't play every day  won't be able to get everything and will have to choose what to save up for and what to skip, but if it's anything like the current login rewards I also assume there will be a lot of stuff I don't want or can get in other ways.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Exactly.
Current dailies deal mostly with gold, a universal currency you can get many other ways, so the FOMO isn't quite there. And the AP points are maxed so you can't get "behind" and never catch up.

This... is different, it brings yet ANOTHER currency, yet ANOTHER weekly thing to worry about. And the fomo is there: If you don't do it now, it will be more expensive later.

I don't understand why all these companies go the battlepass route, it's not needed. Want your game to be lively, make content that make player want to join the game and create parties. Renovate your dungeons and all. Add some twists here and there that can change every week if you must. Content should drive player engagement, not busy work.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

I would like to take a minute and thank ANET for not making this a paid feature.  Sincerely thank you for sticking to your core values.

/ahem

Once one of your characters reaches level 80, the Wizard’s Vault UI will be accessible to all characters on your account, regardless of which expansions you own. If you do not have Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure registered on your account, some rewards will be locked, and you will be unable to visit the in-game location of the Wizard’s Vault. 

/whistles 😏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I feel like I'm missing something in this article because I've never played a game with any type of 'battlepass' system and don't know how they work, and the whole article was obviously written to compare this new system to those. But what it describes sounds good,

So, atm it sounds better than any game with battle pass I played,  thats true, there is not paid version of the battle pass and you will be able to get rewards after the season ends for higher price (only some rewards I assume) so you will not be forced to play x hours a day like in other games that has battle pass. 

But I am sure some players only log in to get login rewards sometimes, now they get nothing for it and I  think that some rewards like mystic coins or laurels (if there are any in the "battle pass") will not be available AFTER the season. So at the end, people who cant play every day will, in my opinion atleast, miss more stuff than what they got for only login in now. 

Not to mention big impact on MC price and material price because having alt accounts is probably pointless now. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

/ahem

/whistles 😏

I think it is not what he meant. Lets say it is one time paid feature even though you will still be able to get some rewards even without buying any xpac.

In other games you basically have to buy battle pass every season to get those extra rewards. So lets say 10 euros every 2-3 months.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1