PvP and WvW Reward Potions Update

idpersona.3810

From the patch notes:

PvP and WvW Reward Potions Update

Potions of WvW Rewards and Potions of PvP Reward are no longer obtainable by players.

• Any potions that players currently possess can still be consumed.
  • Recipes for guild hall upgrades requiring the potions have been changed.
  • Instant reward track progress granted through the WvW skirmish reward track has been increased.
  • Instant reward track progress has been added to PvP rank-up chests, starting at rank 30.

I'm at work and just read through today's patch notes. Any informed thoughts on this? I'm just generally curious what WvW players think of this change.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Probably would have led to people buying the without ever playing the respective game mode. (For WvW already there was the limited option to slooooowly only do the one where you'd have to spend badges of oner which you could have gotten a lot from achievement point rewards. Was rarely on daily and only 1 though.)

I dislike it. For people playing a lot (I do mainly PvP and one match - if you win - can get you 4 potions daily) the changes probably won't make up for this. Would have preferred a different option. Split currency (for PvP a 2nd one to buy mainly PvP related stuff / similar for WvW) maybe or keeping the potions still available (tied to some daily PvP separate from the acclaim stuff).

Other than that I did not notice bad stuff in the patch notes. (Not played yet - later in 2-3 hours only. Doing maintanance at my computer now.)

• Like 4

All the PvP potions I've contributed towards a guild hall upgrade don't seem to count at all for the replacement shards of glory.  The contributed amount is now 0.

Needed a bit more for an unfinished upgrade and never got around to it.  Wish I used them on PvP reward tracks instead now.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

On reading of the patch notes, not a fan, but not in game yet. All I can figure is they have some upcoming reward tracks they don't want people fast potioning thru. Stack these for holidays and such so yeah, -1 from me on this change personally.

I would ask them exactly how long that track is supposed to be or how long they would expect us to have to stay with it to complete. That's another thing I would probably avoid regardless of reward at that point. I agree with that as possibly their reasoning. I don't get why they should have a problem with us plowing through those tracks if we want to though. They don't work with me, and they don't know my commute. I'm not trying to do any stale grinds or instances when I get home for a half an hour or so to vibe. I saved potions from what I was able to do to try and be smart about putting more effort into less time but I guess dumbing it down across the board is easier for a dev team. 

Edited by kash.9213

5 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I'm laughing my kitten off cause they added capture 5 objectives in EOTM as a weekly.

Also added defence of Tower and Keep apparently, you know the Tower and Keep defence events that have been broken since they changed wall fixing being part of defence? the one almost noone gets in the weekly achievements either. I think yours wins though😱

Edited by Rococo.8347
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

30 minutes ago, Rococo.8347 said:

Also added defence of Tower and Keep apparently, you know the Tower and Keep defence events that have been broken since they changed wall fixing being part of defence? the one almost noone gets in the weekly achievements either. I think yours wins though😱

erm.. I get those done every week, I even have this weeks done already... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Depending on what you want, you may want to dump potions for Gift of Battle if you're not a wvw regular

I'll probably stock a few of those and save 1 stack for something interesting.

um... wrong thread?

As mentioned in OP: Potions of WvW Rewards and Potions of PvP Reward are no longer obtainable by players.
So not sure anyone will have opportunity to stock on any potions anymore. Either you already have them or you won't have them.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

um... wrong thread?

As mentioned in OP: Potions of WvW Rewards and Potions of PvP Reward are no longer obtainable by players.
So not sure anyone is stocking any potions anymore. Either you already have them or you won't have them.

I'm referring to using the  remaining potions that people may still have. Some people may be better off using them for their gift of battle since we won't be getting them any  more and will have to grind out a full track in the future.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

3 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I'm referring to using the  potions that people may still have.

That part I understood, but it looks like an answer to a question that doesn't exist in this thread, which is why I asked if you posted it in the wrong thread. Maybe I missed something here 😄

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That part I understood, but it looks like an answer to a question that doesn't exist in this thread, which is why I asked if you posted it in the wrong thread. Maybe I missed something here 😄

They said

9 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Any informed thoughts on this? I'm just generally curious what WvW players think of this change.

So my thought on the subject of  Potions of WvW Rewards and Potions of PvP Reward are no longer obtainable by players:

was that people should use their  remaining potions on the gift of battle, if they  think they'll need them and don't want to grind out the reward track, instead of just dumping them in some random track because otherwise they'll have to come back to wvw to grind it.

Are we done yet?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 1