Is it just me.... or is Deadeye pretty strong right now?

Sahne.6950

DH trapper runes went from 3s stealth, down to 1second stealth, now 0 stealth lol... (DH got deleted)

Let's do the same to Thief and Ranger. Reduce their stealth significantly so we can actually counter play a stealthed Soulbeast's 17k+ Maul instant delete button and the *fade away* burst *fade away* burst DE Thief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

DH trapper runes went from 3s stealth, down to 1second stealth, now 0 stealth lol... (DH got deleted)

Let's do the same to Thief and Ranger. Reduce their stealth significantly so we can actually counter play a stealthed Soulbeast's 17k+ Maul instant delete button and the *fade away* burst *fade away* burst DE Thief.

So stealth was fine for you because you could abuse it as well via this garbage trap rune, but once they've rightfully removed it from game (finally) stealth on other classes became a problem?
I'm quite impressed, wow.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

So stealth was fine for you because you could abuse it as well via this garbage trap rune, but once they've rightfully removed it from game (finally) stealth on other classes became a problem?

For once I agree with TrollingDemigod's core argument. 

Instead of "we need to fix DH it can't function without stealth" it's "I am now ready to spread suffering?"

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

For once I agree with TrollingDemigod's core argument. 

Instead of "we need to fix DH it can't function without stealth" it's "I am now ready to spread suffering?"

What is supposed DH role to be though? That spec was deleted by Firebrand, Willyblender was DH 2.0.
Core = what?
DH = what?
Firebrand = Utility
Willyblender = DPS
Give DH traps an "activation" button, so they can trigger traps remotely if enemy avoids them. They could either damage/heal/cc/give boons/whatever in larger area but effects would be instant and like 80% of what triggered traps provide in total?
Give DH a trait that would "transform" all symbols into traps: Symbol of Energy > It would immobilze foe if he stepped into it, while also reducing it's Endurance bar by 50%, Symbol of Resolution > It would slow enemies and also removed boons, etc. Ofc these "traps" would still benefit from Symbol traits as per protocol.
IDK, there are so many kitten possibilities to make stuff Unique compared to each other, but A-net takes such lazy approach that everything is just kitten powercreep. Look at Weaver, it could give us cool new elements like Steam, Plasma, Magma, Frost, Mud, (whatever the kitten would be the name for Air+Earth) by mixing, but nooo, we've got some cheap teef knock-off that is carried by bs...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

I'm surprised you're impressed by logic.
The removal of superspeed is what I am annoyed about. Do you even realize how much this cripples DH mobility? Imagine an Engineer with zero Superspeed... it would really suck.

Stealth has been an ongoing issue with Ranger and DE so yeah, I'm standing by my comment.

• Thanks 1

A spec is only as strong as the meta allow it to be, DE itself has been strong for a very long time, yet... its bad. 

Why? because of the meta, right now soulbeast and before that cata era. Both fully deny DE domination, take it even further and scrapper with reveal trait also a bit. If cata werent there, condi specter would never have been a thing, because DE countered specter.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

It is the "you are an idiot if you chase after it" kind of spec on WvW and now it's been buffed. What is in Arena's mind is beyond me

Technically it was nerfed, zephyrite runes used to give you perma superspeed before the patch. Also, Hi Vas! xD

On 8/24/2023 at 6:07 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

In WVW you get four seconds of superspeed.   the relic doesn't exist

Yes. The relic doesn't exist in WvW. Totally. Mmmmmhm. Yup. Correct. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Technically it was nerfed, zephyrite runes used to give you perma superspeed before the patch. Also, Hi Vas! xD

Hey Kit

Still not going to chase after it, out of all thief specs out there this one is the easiest to disengage. Would be a different story if I (or we) had more projectile hate or stealth tracking abilities, I guess.

On 8/26/2023 at 5:16 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

Dont burn anything 😄

Just play how you normally would! Dont pay attention to it. You dont need to alter your gameplay or burn stuff yada yada. 

Just equip the relic and go on about your gameplay as usual. youll have 100% uptime! 

Atleast i do 😄 You can NOT constantly dodge for the stealth! youll run out of endurance at some point. You need to use other sources aswell, just how you do in a real game. Use the Kneel4+4  use d/p leap combos use HIS.... just play how you normally would and youll have 100% uptime no problemo 😄

( i run d/p offhand, HIS, Blindingpowder, and Shadowgust if that makes a difference... Also maleficiant seven and bountifultheft for the vigor (and the dmg :D) )

Figured out what you meant. I tried this out on D/D in WvW. I can superspeed across the whole map as long as I'm not in combat. 

This is likely the same or close to it for PVP. I'm a big fan, personally.

Busted? ehhh, determinant. I sure do like being able to run not shortbow though. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Figured out what you meant. I tried this out on D/D in WvW. I can superspeed across the whole map as long as I'm not in combat. 

This is likely the same or close to it for PVP. I'm a big fan, personally.

Busted? ehhh, determinant. I sure do like being able to run not shortbow though. 

It sure feels nice^^

On 8/26/2023 at 8:48 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

IMO all traps should have a baseline 1s stealth, otherwise they're bad and will see little play.  Then if you want the superspeed, you can sacrifice your damage relic for it. 

Either add baseline stealth traps, or make them self active like thief. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 6:14 PM, Saiyan.1704 said:

The removal of superspeed is what I am annoyed about. Do you even realize how much this cripples DH mobility?

Yeah I was trying to mess around on it the other the day. It is way too inconvenient to stat for general mobility on a DH.

They really need to fit in some kind of mobility enhancement into the DH specialization. They could easily fit "gain super speed or at least swiftness when laying a trap" into one of the DH traits somewhere. It needs it.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah I was trying to mess around on it the other the day. It is way too inconvenient to stat for general mobility on a DH.

They really need to fit in some kind of mobility enhancement into the DH specialization. They could easily fit "gain super speed or at least swiftness when laying a trap" into one of the DH traits somewhere. It needs it.

I agree, DH and Willbender need to be more alike. Using the same weapons, stacking damage mods on top of what core guard can do...and improved mobility. We already have different icons for some of their skills, that's different enough. We're not in 2015 anymore, people do not choose an e-spec for a unique playstyle!

• Haha 1

Stealth and superspeed... That sound familiar... Where did I see a sea of complaints about this already... Humm... I think it was a runeset that proced on a specific kind of skill use... Ah yes! Superior runes of the trapper! They even ended up nerfing the duration of both effect to 1s. Isn't it sweet that deadeye can now get these effects on dodge?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Stealth and superspeed... That sound familiar... Where did I see a sea of complaints about this already... Humm... I think it was a runeset that proced on a specific kind of skill use... Ah yes! Superior runes of the trapper! They even ended up nerfing the duration of both effect to 1s. Isn't it sweet that deadeye can now get these effects on dodge?

Yah, giving and then removing stealth and superspeed to a class that never had it from class skills or traits and was never designed nor balanced around having them but managed to get 'em from an armor rune set is very comparable to reducing excess stealth on a class that was heavily designed around stealth, already has access to swiftness, and needed a way to compensate for nerfs in a way that encouraged dipping in/out of stealth instead of stacking it. Golly gee >_> What a world, right?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

does that same class affected by the rune nerf have other forms of defense? goofy

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2023 at 12:37 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Isn't it sweet that deadeye can now get these effects on dodge?

The nerf for this was delivered in a time when there were far less options for dealing with thieves, and thieves had more access to stealth. This nerf was done back when shadow arts was still about extending duration and not about getting benefitted on leaving stealth, and classes that had issues struggling with thieves (mesmers, warriors) didn't have options that directly countered them.

I would be careful about being kneejerk reacty because "class that got nerfed got access to a couple seconds of superspeed again", because they're ultimately trading their 6th runeslot damage for it. Let them try new ways to make the class feel pleasant to play, especially when it stops them from taking fireworks relic.

Yes it does. Even if the players that play it will studbornly ignore all the other mean of defense they do have.

If this is directed at DH:

Yes yes DHs have other defensive means. I'd personally keep an eye on how they leverage axe and sword offhand before panicking too bad about the loss of trapper rune. They may not need as much dire assistance as initially thought.

If this is directed at Thieves:

Yes yes thieves have evades and mobility and can leave whenever they want as always. We're past the point where half second duration evades that cost 5-6 init do a whole lot, though. This isn't HoT. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261