Rifts are extremely boring

Shiyo.3578

IF you're the kind of guy that finds rifts boring you can probably deal with raids, WvW or PvP for your legendary armor. There's your excitement. This was added for everyone and believe me, if you add anything at all challenging, someone will start complaining.  This is the grindy base legendary armor for the people that asked for repeatable hearts.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

No difficulty, no depth, tedious, repetitive. 

Do you really expect us to do 1k+ of these?

Hopefully, Anet will add more ways of obtaining essences by the time legendary armors are added. I can’t imagine rifts will be the only option… That would be incredibly repetitive.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Hopefully, Anet will add more ways of obtaining essences by the time legendary armors are added. I can’t imagine rifts will be the only option… That would be incredibly repetitive.

I have been attacking the same Stonemist Castle since 2012. Prepare yourself for the worst outcome.

• Like 3
  • Haha 16
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

On 8/28/2023 at 10:07 PM, WeightTrainer.3219 said:

I have been attacking the same Stonemist Castle since 2012. Prepare yourself for the worst outcome.

It's crazy how Anet is a triple A company owned by a company that is worth barely less than Activision-Blizzard but acts like they have 1 dude in  garage barely keeping the game afloat 24/7.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

This is why I posted that it's a game equivalent of a clip show. Reused old content in a mundane way. There are things I like about it such as the floating areas and new mount abilities, buggy but new. It's like a LW season we had to pay for. How many unknown secrete society can there be? How many portal invasions can we have? At some point they are either going to have to do an expansion to really expand and refine the game to avoid it falling into obscurity. I think they should kill the world through a storyline to remake the world, remastering it in the process. They also missed a chance for a real time jump in the story by having the Commander go into hibernation with Aurene, coming out hundreds to a thousand years later to a world in need of a hero.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

IF you're the kind of guy that finds rifts boring you can probably deal with raids, WvW or PvP for your legendary armor. There's your excitement. This was added for everyone and believe me, if you add anything at all challenging, someone will start complaining.  This is the grindy base legendary armor for the people that asked for repeatable hearts.

Hearts at least felt some what worth doing..

• Confused 10
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Hearts at least felt some what worth doing..

Actually Rifts to me feel more worth it than hearts. That is to say, saving the world from invading forces, after defeating gods and dragons, is more appropriate for my character than filling a basket with apples. Just saying.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

It's crazy how Anet is a triple A company owned by a company is worth barely less than Activision-Blizzard but acts like they have 1 dude in  garage barely keeping the game afloat 24/7.

Hardly a triple A studio.

Dont forget these are just the beginner rifts until future updates bring more challenges and different types of bosses

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Sounds about right for doing anything in open world so I don't see what the problem is.

When I was going for Raid legendary armor, the hardest part was having to farm the HoT metas over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Edited by A Hamster.2580
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

Sounds about right for doing anything in open world so I don't see what the problem is.

Yeah, open world has always been just doing auto attack, with DE meta as an exception. But open world players cried for months that DE is too hard. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

This is why I posted that it's a game equivalent of a clip show. Reused old content in a mundane way. There are things I like about it such as the floating areas and new mount abilities, buggy but new. It's like a LW season we had to pay for. How many unknown secrete society can there be? How many portal invasions can we have? At some point they are either going to have to do an expansion to really expand and refine the game to avoid it falling into obscurity. I think they should kill the world through a storyline to remake the world, remastering it in the process. They also missed a chance for a real time jump in the story by having the Commander go into hibernation with Aurene, coming out hundreds to a thousand years later to a world in need of a hero.

Plenty of people had to pay for living world seasons. The fact that we were gifted them for logging in doesn't make them free. You simply didn't pay for them. It's content that was worked on. The fact that the game has been super generous too now, doesn't mean it can last that way forever. If you think that that expansion wasn't worth $25 you're entitled to that opinion. I disagree with it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Rifts are indeed boring, very bad content.
But again, what they've added to the game since EoD has been very uninspired. SotO metas are bad too, basically a mishmash of other metas. Either they're working on another game while milking us or they simply lack the talent. Or both.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, vares.8457 said:

Rifts are boring because the open world players wanted this. They didn’t want a fun meta like DE, they complained about it for months. 

Rifts are not a map meta. If we want to compare EoD and SotO map metas, I find that the map meta in Amnytas is much more fun (and more appropriate for an open world event) than the map meta in DE. In Amnytas you don't have to form squads and you can play "ad  hoc", it has a lot more "spectacle" and "bling bling", it's mostly easy enough to succeed (but I've seen it fail a few times when most players did stupid things).

9 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

I find them boring, too and I will not do 1k+ of these (and I don't have to, because I already have legy armor). But on the other hand, players are still doing the Dry Top farm and this is content from 2015. So I suspect there are a lot of players who enjoy this type of low intensity open world content (and that's fine).

I think it's a good thing that players now have more choice in how they can obtain legy armor and that they can choose between challenging high-intensity instanced content (raids) and repetitive, low-intensity open-world content (rifts). (and of course PvP/WvW). But either way, legy armor requires some effort (either skill or time)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

Rifts are not a map meta. If we want to compare EoD and SotO map metas, I find that the map meta in Amnytas is much more fun (and more appropriate for an open world event) than the map meta in DE. In Amnytas you don't have to form squads and you can play "ad  hoc", it has a lot more "spectacle" and "bling bling", it's mostly easy enough to succeed (but I've seen it fail a few times when most players did stupid things).

I also find the new metas more fun than DE. You don't need an organised squad with a comm organising alacrity and quickness into subgroups. Those are the only times I do DE, and it's now ?1.5 years since EoD launched.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2