How to block Peitha from /w me?

Is there a way to block this annoying NPC from constantly whispering me in chat? The voice doesn't bother me, but constantly seeing pink text from NPC's is unacceptable. There's a specific chat for "dialogue" in the chat menu, which allows you to disable it.

If you disable "whisper" you cannot see messages from other players.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The chat's whisper notification sound is truly annoying, but so are her whispers.

If I hear another "An ambush! Your friend's voice was a ruse. Very... clever!", I will start screaming frantically and pull out my hair. Or something like that. 😅

Maybe  "An ambush!..." is the new "This is a place of refuge..." and we know how much was done about that. But yeah, especially this line seems to have a longer range than others, that or it just plays more often.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The chat's whisper notification sound is truly annoying, but so are her whispers.

If I hear another "An ambush! Your friend's voice was a ruse. Very... clever!", I will start screaming frantically and pull out my hair. Or something like that. 😅

I hear that line more than "this is a place a refuge, not a den of inequity!" 

• Haha 2

As a revenant player it's more like oh good another voice to have a conversation with 😂

I like the voice, lovely voice acting btw.  But can we make the whisper chat a different color?  It is a bit confusing at first, especially if one does not have the volume on.  Put it in italics AND a different color so I can tell in an instant that it's a non player whispering me.  

Looked it up: voiced by Patty Mattson, who also voiced Sylvanas in WoW...also a long standing favorite bit of voice acting for me.  Cheers to the continued fantastic work!

Edited by Farohna.6247
  • Like 5

Personally I find more annoying the bip of the whisper. Most of the time her voice is so low that I can't even understand what she says, unless I read it, so during my second story playthrough I started to mock her "mumble mumble" every time she speaks, and I actually have some fun :D

But yeah, the whispers are annoying with that sound. Still, less than the "you discovered a ley-line,  but you can't use it". It bothers me though, that everyone can whisper me, and I can't block them, like, who gave my contact to these people?

Edited by Urud.4925
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I find all of it annoying.
Nothing kind of nice. Except when you first play, but once you get through the story, that should be the end of it. Because all the information is already out by then. After that it becomes a nuisance.

As a Rev, I'm already frequently verbally mobbed by all the Legends with the same comments over and over, why do they need to add another unwelcome chatterbox?

And the whispering problem is even worse.

I get whispered at by players in WvW and by friends and sometimes even by random PVE players, but I don't want to be whispered at by NPC. They can shout at me like NPCs do. But not whisper.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Man some of these responses are thirsty af.

Anyway as someone who's been triggering the AN AMBUSH.... repeatedly back to back not even 1 second apart because of a specific event in that area being up at the same time, I do wish there was a way to disable it. Or rather, just have it prompt once to cache that you've been in the area and it doesn't pop again after the fact.

Because by god it's obnoxious as hell.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Now that I think about it, why did they start making npcs whisper us since EoD?

they fired all the UX designers and got new ones to replace them. Then the new ones discovered they can abuse players' learned behavior of paying attention to <KWONK> sound and purple text, in order to con them into "engagement". Or at least that's what they kept telling themselves when shipping that anti-feature.

This whole expansion is engagement metrics padding, it's so painfully obvious.

Edited by rune.9572
  • Confused 2