Amount of 250 or 250+ LI or KP groups in LFG for daily strikes is getting silly

On 10/21/2023 at 1:21 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Then what are you complaining about?

This is so sad. Do you see wanting 250li or 500li for Shiverpeaks pass strike as something not completly silly? As I already wrote before for new player to get 250li is over 8 weeks of doing all raids, all EoD CM strikes every week during these 8 weeks. Why is raid community in GW2 so small even with raids being really easy due to powercreep over years and having no in game gatekeeping? Only gatekeeping in raids is by other players. I don't see anything wrong to state that something similar is now happenning in strikes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

This is so sad. Do you see wanting 250li or 500li for Shiverpeaks pass strike as something not completly silly? As I already wrote before for new player to get 250li is over 8 weeks of doing all raids, all EoD CM strikes every week during these 8 weeks. Why is raid community in GW2 so small even with raids being really easy due to powercreep over years and having no in game gatekeeping? Only gatekeeping in raids is by other players. I don't see anything wrong to state that something similar is now happenning in strikes.

What's "so sad" here? Why am I supposed to care that x groups also exist? People play how they want with whoever they want. There's plenty of groups to join with or without requirements -if at any point you conclude that you dislike group x then the only thing left to say is "create your own". If you understand that and -as you claim- that's what you do then I don't know what you think is so problematic here.
What "gatekeeping"? Are you somehow cut off from lfg because you saw x group? Nonsense.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

High KP squads exist because majority of the playerbase is garbage at the game and the game itself is not hard by any means. This is how the pushing of "play how you want" mentality ends. It's the sad reality but it's the one we are living in currently. The content is old and people want to run it efficiently. If they want to set a 'ridiculous amount of KP' by all means, let them. The fact that these type of squads exist does not prevent you from playing that content. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Since you are allowed to create and lead your own group without requirements, groups people are keen on joining you are not gatekept. If the existence of those 250LI groups meant you could not create or join other groups then you'd be gatekept.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Silly or not, it's something people can do if they want. It doesn't affect you. Move on. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

In short: everyone gets to play how they want only applies WHEN others agree with it. /s

You can't have it both ways. You can't demand to be able to do what every you want, then complain when other players do the same.

There is a reason some players have LFG demands and simply put, the main reason is: the vast majority of players in this game are beyond terrible (game play wise, not character or w/e). Which in part is also a result of "playing how everyone wants".

As to why the raid community is small, or any niche content community for that matter: lacking support from the developers and a more niche nature.

As someone who has spent a long time training new players for raids over the years, I can tell you: the only ones which stick around are those which create bonds and friendships or which aligne their goals. My other observation was: those which scream the loudest are usually the ones which put in the least amount of work and usually are the first to leave.

As to the question of silly? Sure it's silly but it's also every ones free choice to do as they please. Here is one great reason to ask for 250 LI: reduces the chances of getting unique snowflakes which do kitten poor performance and then call others toxic elitists for calling them out on that while demanding they get to play how they want.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

High KP squads exist because majority of the playerbase is garbage at the game and the game itself is not hard by any means. This is how the pushing of "play how you want" mentality ends. It's the sad reality but it's the one we are living in currently. The content is old and people want to run it efficiently. If they want to set a 'ridiculous amount of KP' by all means, let them. The fact that these type of squads exist does not prevent you from playing that content. 

I understand KP groups since you prove that you did content and that make sense, but wanted raid currency for strikes make no sense. Like you can have person doing only raids and join HT CM and fail since have no idea what to do.

• Confused 6

4 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

I understand KP groups since you prove that you did content and that make sense, but wanted raid currency for strikes make no sense. Like you can have person doing only raids and join HT CM and fail since have no idea what to do.

For strike CMs you usually ask for CM kill proof. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't see the issue with having requirements to join instanced content, just make your own group. Getting that commander tag for 300g is well worth it to be able to create your groups on demand and have people flock to them. There is high demand for LFG training groups without requirements, experience and expectations, all you have to know as a commander is how to sort groups with supports. Commanders also have to start somewhere, just set the expectations straight beforehand.

The high LI requirement for IBS runs is funny as they're so easy and the Boneskinner already determines if the group is viable enough or not, but I've not been part of those high LI requirement groups yet so I don't know how much better those are than regular runs without LI requirements. I'll try them once I get enough LI but I don't see an issue with the requirements. The skills you learn with acquiring LI are useful elsewhere just like with UFE from challenge mode fractals, even though they aren't a completely reliable way to prove skill.

On 10/23/2023 at 10:55 AM, TheNurgle.4825 said:

It actually makes a lot of sense. Most players in this game are garbage gameplay wise. People who do raids regularly will usually at least know how to play their builds and not run some random mish-mash of gear and traits. It's a massive difference between "dps" players who rival the healers and real dps players who can pull their weight. They also know how to position themselves (stack with the group, don't stand somewhere in Narnia - there is no ranged combat in this game).

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Like 4

On 10/22/2023 at 2:02 PM, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Power creep has only helped with the dps check side of raiding (something that still fails in some fights even today). No amount of power creep is going to replace the need to do certain mechanics, even simple ones like cc on breakbars. Using kp is one way of filtering out those who don't know these mechanics. It may be considered gatekeeping by some but since there's many people who don't bother to learn/research, improve or even read the lfg for what roles are needed it's understandable people resort to requesting kp. Granted some of the kp requests seem ridiculous but that's for the commander to decide, just wait for a group with lower requirements or create your own 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Dibit.6259
Typos
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2023 at 12:06 PM, Nephalem.8921 said:

The reason for this is that these people want to filter the "hi dps" crowd or the "metabuilds don't matter" players. A decent group takes half the time of a pepega squad with multiple people pulling 10k dps in shiverpeaks while they could do 30k.

I'm pretty sure that on sp pass it takes longer to form a group being that picky than it would to just finish it with people playing for fun. 

• Confused 3

38 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

I'm pretty sure that on sp pass it takes longer to form a group being that picky than it would to just finish it with people playing for fun. 

Why do you think people tryharding are having no fun? Having basically no boons is no fun for me so its either having no fun and doing it only for rewards are having fun. I never understood why pressing random buttons and playing a build without any synergies is fun.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Why do you think people tryharding are having no fun? Having basically no boons is no fun for me so its either having no fun and doing it only for rewards are having fun. I never understood why pressing random buttons and playing a build without any synergies is fun.

Well there's a marked difference between asking for boons and asking for kp. That's not the same thing. I ask for boons, never asked for kp for sp, that's just me. 

• Confused 3

On 11/8/2023 at 8:25 PM, Linken.6345 said:

And that is your choice how come either choice is somehow wrong?

Can you quote where I said it was wrong? I just said it took longer to ask for KP for sp than it would be to just do it. You'd literally have to TRY to fail the gold timer on that strike, especially if you asked for boons. OP is right, ya'll are ridiculous and apparently have a fleet of trolls to "confused" anyone who calls out how crazy you are. 

In fact this entire conversation is insanity:

Me: Pretty sure asking for KP takes longer than just doing it
Next response: But doing it without boons isn't fun, *like bomb*
Me: KP and boons aren't the same *confused bomb*
You: How come either choice is wrong *like bomb*
Me: Did I say it was wrong? 

I seriously feel like I"m having a conversation with an AI that spews a random response at this point, with a fleet of trolls trying to make anyone who talks in a coherent reasonable manner look bad. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Can you quote where I said it was wrong? I just said it took longer to ask for KP for sp than it would be to just do it. You'd literally have to TRY to fail the gold timer on that strike, especially if you asked for boons. OP is right, ya'll are ridiculous and apparently have a fleet of trolls to "confused" anyone who calls out how crazy you are. 

In fact this entire conversation is insanity:

Me: Pretty sure asking for KP takes longer than just doing it
Next response: But doing it without boons isn't fun, *like bomb*
Me: KP and boons aren't the same *confused bomb*
You: How come either choice is wrong *like bomb*
Me: Did I say it was wrong? 

I seriously feel like I"m having a conversation with an AI that spews a random response at this point, with a fleet of trolls trying to make anyone who talks in a coherent reasonable manner look bad. 

I have yet to see a 250kp/li shiverpeak pass group tho the op and you since you agree with them seem to have done so.

I can understand asking for kp if your doing alot of them and not just easy 3 ibs ones.

Because you dont want to have to replace people bettwen them if they cant do their roles.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 10/15/2023 at 4:39 PM, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Shiverpeaks has 11,7M HP so 8 ppl doing 10k dps kill it in 2,5mins. In case of everyone doing 30k dps, then you are on 48 secs. Of course fight take little longer due to inv phase. You never get group full of ppl doing 10k dps, average PUGs do 15k dps.

Please keep in mind that groups wanting 250LI are not formed as fast as other groups so it take longer to form the group.

so they take more time to do it faster, truly a mastermind of lfg

• Confused 4

Ppl making squads and taking the time to sort groups and boons etc have the right to ask for what they want , even if 250 Li for shiverpeak is silly indeed , it's still a right to ask for what the com feel is needed in the squad  , up to you to make your own "come as you are" group.

• Thanks 3