GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - [Merged]

4 hours ago, Kayin.8167 said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one with this complaint

Oh trust me, you aren't. I have different thoughts about possible solutions though.

They seem to want to hold on to the rotating stock thing, so here's what I'd suggest to preserve it while also making it better:

- Add an ability to be notified when an item you want is either in stock or about to be in stock (People often lament missing things they've waited ages for only to miss the two days they're available; this might help)
- Make the stock a little more predictable (Halloween items around Halloween, Wintersday around Wintersday, etc; the current rotation is quite random and we often wind up getting things in the shop long after they would have been useful or relevant)
- Standardize the sales window on certain popular account upgrades (A lot of people wait for the anniversary, for instance, to buy discounted character slots, but for some reason they weren't included this time until much later, seemingly at random)

The way I see it, people are going to buy things from the gem shop no matter how it's organized or whether there's a sale going, but it could definitely stand to be improved. Not only might that generate more sales, but there'd be less stress in the process overall.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kayin.8167 said:

The system is archaic, the premise of fear of missing out doesn’t apply because they do little in the way of informing beyond a forum post and a notice on the launcher. If they were truly trying to use artificial scarcity then they would be advertising the more popular items in a more noticeable fashion (Example: World of Warcraft, Destiny 2, and Final Fantasy XIV will send out emails if it’s particularly sought after items being limited time or on sale). Not only that but the arbitrary factors I speak of is the fact that they have claimed their system limitations prevent them from selling more items but they’ve proven many times in the past it’s capable of more so it is in fact arbitrary. Furthermore the simple act of limited run items in itself is an arbitrary factor by definition.

Ofcorse it applies. You are literally here complaining about not being able to purchase items while desiring them, potentially in part because they are unavailable to you.

At most the developers or rather the sales team are inefficient at exploiting the maximum profit out of the practice. All the examples you gave are just proof that fomo works and sees use in other products of the industry.

Your assumption that "it does not apply" is simply an incorrect deduction. It does very well apply and merely points to inefficiency.

3 hours ago, Kayin.8167 said:

From a business perspective the income generation could be exponentially increased by allowing off-cycle purchase of items that have no business of being time gated. It makes sense time gating seasonal items but outfits and weapon skins make none, specially outfits in particular given the small scope of them available.

Big claims for someone who has 0 knowledge or data on how revenue for this game is generated, especially given you yourself gave ample examples of fomo being used in other games.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Please Bring the Novelty Boxing Gloves back to the gem store with the newest EoD expansion release! It's the only novelty I'm missing.

I'd also really like to see (in the next expansion:

1. Permanent Guild Bank Access Contract

2. Permanent Total Makeover Kit Contract

3. Permanent Ascended Salvaging Kit

I'd also like to see if they can introduce a way for Mounts, Finishers, miniatures, and gliders to save with each Armor preset save.

Example: If Armor Set A has Cloud Glider, maybe I want Armor Set B to Have Crystalized Dragon Wings. I'd love to be able to match mount skins to armor sets as well with colors.

(food for thought)

Edited by Hydra Namooth.5301
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lorddavito.2395 said:

I missed out last time, please bring back the wandering weapon master outfit and the ranger cape/quiver! 

And as an idea, I'd be amazing to see a hood for all weight classes too. Basicly the thief hood, but maybe more "hunter" themed. 

Thank youuu so much

I think we have outfits and universal armors that do that already?

We have the magical outfit, magical wings and magical weapons but no magic chair yet. Also a pink magical themed jade bot would also fit my character perfectly. And maybe a magical themed miniature too. Also please add more underwater weapons skins like a magical trident. Maybe some valentine themed mounts.

Like for example, with the mad realm mounts bats come out of the mounts, here it could be hearts like with the love wings.

Or if not magical, a valentines themed chair.

Edited by Serenic.6852
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Can we please get some back item skins that match the phoenix glider or the soul river glider?

Basically any back item that looks like magical wings that don't have feathers or claws or spines...  there isn't a single back item in the game like this, there are only bird and dragon or skeletal looking wings.  

I've been asking for Outlaw outfit for months now, since last November.

I even recently requested a different version of it to suit my elementalist, with raven mantle, and other modifications.

What do I have to do for you guys to make this a reality?

Is your skin designer on layoff?

In Gadd's words. (Vekk's father)

"Who do I have to kill to get some decent help around here?"

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203

I have 3 suggestions

1. Focus skin Japanese fan with visual effects and when Unsheathing also has to expand
I would love to see something like this in the game. Perhaps a white and pink cherry blossom fan. That has small Cherry Blossoms falling off as effect.

Or a red with a White Dragon logo (gw2 dragon  ofc) that has no visual effects as alternative.

2.  Staff skin   Japanese Naginata.  
I always liked this idea but thought it wouldnt happen until i saw the White Tiger Staff that looks like a Polearm.

3.  Bamboo Hat
i am aware that theres currently an outfit that has a Bamboo hat on top (Hexed outfit on human female), But what i'm suggesting is a hat that isn't tied to an Outfit. Also the hat could be way bigger in width

So yeah sorry that my ideas aren't in depth. But that's just what i'd really love to see and buy

I just want to add a quick Thank you to everyone working on Guild Wars 2. I love this game

Edited by LunaDeviner.6514