Not a single patch without nerfing ranger

Vamp Rook.7835

2 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

It seems so targeted. What did ranger dagger do to CMC?!!

probably evaded a "really sick" dragons tooth.

maybe he's bringing the offhand CDs in line with ele's CDs?

you know.. that prof that gets 4 attacks (each with their own non-shared CD) per weapon skill - due to how attunements work.

🤡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

So what exactly changed so suddenly and recently to warrant such a huge nerf of 12 secs to 25 secs???

Because it's not allowed for Ranger builds to be competitive in the meta. The recent Untamed dagger/dagger/staff was doing too well so it needed a fat massive crippling nerf. They also nerfed the dagger unleash skill just to make SURE that Untamed would land in a state of mediocrity.

I'm serious, someone in that office has a thing against Rangers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

Anet makes it so hard to like their game sometimes. I've been playing off and on since release and every time I find a non-longbow-related ranger build I really like it gets nerfed within a month or two tops. Every. Single. Time. For over a decade. Meanwhile, other classes get to have incredibly strong, top-tier builds for literal years at a time.

I guess I'll go back to sniping people from max range. It's the only playstyle Ranger seems allowed to have.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Some of the nerfs over the years have been justified, but its now getting a bit silly. Anyone who plays Ranger in any form in pvp/wvw should just retire them for a bit. That way classes that were held in check by them will dominate, the clowns who whine on the forums will complain about  those classes and they'll get nerfed - a classic case of shooting themselves in the foot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vyseman.2947 said:

i hope they will nerf the Wolfpack damage by atleast 30%, then im Happy.  Its just the biggest nobrainer ever.  Wolfpack and sick em with unblockable.. GG and byebye even a fulltank meta kid 

Erm.. it effectively got nerfed by 70% in the previous patch.

So you want the full 70 + 30 = 100% damage removal?

Those are some bold balancing ideas. I can see a future for you working at Anet.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

Those are some bold balancing ideas. I can see a future for you working at Anet.

It would be 30% of the current value.

Still a pointless change but percentages arent that aggressive

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It would be 30% of the current value.

Still a pointless change but percentages arent that aggressive

I was working under the assumption that the guy didnt know what the hell he is talking about. So the joke about 100% damage reduction was apt.

I still am working with that assumption.

🤡

• Like 1

Balance is a very delicate thing. Which is why it's important to make over 100% changes to values between patches, to ensure people keep buying things off the gem store, as they will be tempted to reroll. Changes like this remind me of an old blue whale meme, but I won't mention which one.😂

20 hours ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

you can still easily 1shot even a fulltank with broken Wolfpack elite 

• Confused 3