Lack of Vault reward creativity is disappointing

1 hour ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Big agree on this. What has always bothered me is that every character by default gets 3 build slots and 2 equipment slots. They know you will want a different equipment set for each build.

I think we only got 3 build slots because previously we had different PvP, WvW and PvE builds so if they'd only given us 2 a lot of players would, rightly, complain that they'd lost something they had before. Whereas we only had 1 set of equipment slots (2 if you count that PvP equipment is all based on an amulet, which hasn't changed) so they could present starting with 2 as giving us something extra.

If it wasn't for the ways builds worked before I think we'd have started with 2 of each.

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

But I suppose if it's almost all the same stuff each season that makes it easier to plan and further reduces FOMO.

If only the newly added special items on top of the WV window were of any real interest to me. Everything is really meh this time (at least the last season had an emote...).

• Confused 5

5 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Big agree on this. What has always bothered me is that every character by default gets 3 build slots and 2 equipment slots. They know you will want a different equipment set for each build.

Not really, it's most probably just because it's in line with the "one build per mode" we had before the introduction of templates. Pvp has its own gear.

btw, got to love how people demanding/requesting more valuable items in this thread keep saying it's totally about... "being creative" with the rewards 😅 
"Corporate speech", customer edition.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not really, it's most probably just because it's in line with the "one build per mode" we had before the introduction of templates. Pvp has its own gear.

btw, got to love how people demanding/requesting more valuable items in this thread keep saying it's totally about... "being creative" with the rewards 😅 
"Corporate speech", customer edition.

If they can do it, we can do it.

"get creative" with what you give me and I promise I will "increase my engagement with your product" 😛 

Fair point on the builds though, but it still annoys me, I want one gear set per build and irrespective of the original reason for it being this way, I have 3 builds and need to purchase a gear slot for one of them, per character.

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

If only the newly added special items on top of the WV window were of any real interest to me. Everything is really meh this time (at least the last season had an emote...).

The emote was the last thing I bought, and then only because it was that or more gold and I thought I might as well get it so it's not sitting in the legacy tab with a higher price tag. I've never used it.

Whereas the new infusion is something I would use. I don't like most of the infusions but I have considered the Celestial one sometimes and the Arcane one looks very similar (importantly it mainly changes the skin colour, with very minimal extra effects). I'm getting the armour skins first though.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The emote was the last thing I bought, and then only because it was that or more gold and I thought I might as well get it so it's not sitting in the legacy tab with a higher price tag. I've never used it.

Whereas the new infusion is something I would use. I don't like most of the infusions but I have considered the Celestial one sometimes and the Arcane one looks very similar (importantly it mainly changes the skin colour, with very minimal extra effects). I'm getting the armour skins first though.

Tastes differ. 😁

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 11/7/2023 at 3:10 PM, bigbobpataki.4796 said:

I'll preface by saying I'm not even talking about the quality of the skins, or the noob traps (obsidian shards, vision shards, tier 5 bags, etc.).

Reward wise, the wizard's vault has a lot of potential that isn't being realized. Seeing the same okay-ish rewards (coins, clovers), legendary weapon kit aside, being repeated without any interesting or compelling competition for the eventual strict gold option is disappointing. I'd like to see more rewards in the spirit of the ascended weapon/armor kits, things that might not be universally useful, but a portion of the player base would consider useful, especially for the convenience of just doing the dailies/weeklies. Provisioner tokens, bundles of LS currencies, legendary shard chests, maybe even a limited amount of LIs. I think there is room for creativity here, and a lot of disappointment is going to come from making the same rough reward choices as last season.

Edit: I can't spell

What do you expect from a "rewards team" that has failed to deliver any meaningful rewards to any content since EoD?

• Confused 3

37 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Wow, this is such an ungrateful thread.

Esp considering how many years the old system cycled though its always same rewards, inferior to the rewards you can choose now.

My one concern, which also applies to the thread on legendary kits, is that with everyone picking gold and not getting as much of the materials to sell to the TP, we'll be gold heavy and the supply of mats will be lower, so we'll have continuing inflation on the price of mats and your gold won't go as far.  Almost 50 silver for Vial of Powerful Blood and 25 silver for Globs of Ecto, about double what they were just before the Vault came out...the legendary kits may have contributed to their supply/demand ratio, but now there isn't the constant influx of materials as we had in the old daily system, the rewards are now player choice and many will skip the large material bags entirely, at least until inflated market prices make them more worthwhile.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

My one concern, which also applies to the thread on legendary kits, is that with everyone picking gold and not getting as much of the materials to sell to the TP, we'll be gold heavy and the supply of mats will be lower, so we'll have continuing inflation on the price of mats and your gold won't go as far.  Almost 50 silver for Vial of Powerful Blood and 25 silver for Globs of Ecto, about double what they were just before the Vault came out...the legendary kits may have contributed to their supply/demand ratio, but now there isn't the constant influx of materials as we had in the old daily system, the rewards are now player choice and many will skip the large material bags entirely, at least until inflated market prices make them more worthwhile.

Ecto price increased because of the added with soto sinks.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Material prices have always varied. The price of ectoplasm has been going up since May, before SotO was properly announced (they'd said Expansion 4 was coming, but no details), but before that it was the lowest it's ever been so it's also not surprising it went back up. It probably won't be like the early years of the game when it was 30-50 silver each, but an increase isn't surprising.

Also like you said if it gets to the point where those materials are exceptional valuable market forces will balance it out. Even if players don't start buying more of them from the Wizard's Vault they'll become targets for farmers and that will increase the supply.

• Like 2

I am fine with it. I don't know what more do You want from it. This is a daily/weekly, it requires an absolute minimum of your effort to get them done, so the items you get are like almost handed over for free. Compared to the old daily system You get not only more mats/gold but also skins, infusions and armor/weapon skins and pieces + gemstore utility items, and it's still not enough for You?

Well... Give them a finger...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Getting mats over golds (except 6AA gold) is better value, thats up to the ppl to do the simple math to see what has more value. Nothing wrong about it. Ppl who realize it and buy mats instead of golds will just get more more for it. This economy was created by the players for the most part afterall.

The variety for the daily quests is really terrible. It's literally the same quests over and over. I'm pretty sure there are other things that could be done, but more often than not it's the same 3 or 4 mini dungeons and the daily activity. These are things that no one likes to do, definitely not over and over. Why is there no variation? I really like the Wizards vault, but this mindless repetition of horrible mini dungeons and activity make it a bane rather than a boon. Is it a bug or is it just the way you intend it to be?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3