Any one else noticed the rise in lazy participation through the use of skyscale fireball?

16 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

Hell yeah! Ever since they introduced the mastery it made it so much more fun. Feel like some dive bomber in a plane. Only people who moan about it are those who actually put an effort in to help. 🙃

A bomber plain that tickles and snores perhaps lol. But hey people can be proud leechers now 😁

Sorry slight adjustment to the last sentence. 

I don't care too much either way, but no need to sugar coat glorified leeching. If that's what you do the whole fight.😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

A bomber plain that tickles and snores perhaps lol. But hey people can be proud leechers now 😁

Sorry slight adjustment to the last sentence. 

I don't care too much either way, but no need to sugar coat glorified leeching. If that's what you do the whole fight.😂

Don't ruin the illusion 😂

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, CoffeePlease.3082 said:

They should have seen this coming since it's been an issue for a long time. Not sure what the thought process was here but here we are.

I was trying to help by calling out and linking events as often as possible. I'd tag and then just hang back and pulse some boons on the lower level peeps hoping they could get 1 action off while everyone was full burning mobs immediately lol

For a new player it must be initially exciting to see so many people in the low level open world areas and then quickly become frustrating when they run into the insane power creep from max level players and mounts.

I have definitely seen this happening, since I have alts and run around on core maps pretty often just for a change of pace from end game activities.  I have seen a few times now some people commenting in zone map chat (throwing out curses) to the players on skyscales who have fireballed down all the mobs they were hoping to kill. 

I have used them myself, but only on mobs in Drizzlewood and Bitterfrost Frontier mobs which are not new players zones.  I was a little surprised to learn that the skill is applicable to core map mobs though;  Perhaps they should consider making fireballs non-viable outside of SoTO -- though I suspect that might not go over very well if they did.  

I already did this before the fireball got introduced. Attacking normally and then moving to safety to do some other stuff while still being able to rejoin the fight quickly. Though the in-combat mount makes it easier. While the system now greys out the event in certain areas (so you would not get rewards anymore) for a meta it is just easy to join at the end an do a bit of damage while staying nearby.

The boring convergences get a bit easier that way. (And there even isn't really a participatoin issue. You basicalyl are at 200 percent at default it seems.)

Where the fireball was helpful: Getting the achievement for killing sieges in the convergences. You could stay mounted to quickly move to the next siege. (Otherwise you'd have arrived their too late.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If the damage is low , buff it .

If it scale up the boss  ,  count it as 3rd party - catapult-siege damage ,something "external" nerf it  and put some t "rejuvation stacks" based on Skyscales attacks , in order to restore some hp

Also put some scattered flying orbs  in order to do more auto attacks , or future attacks are increased by continued attacks ( C>B>A>S visible reward track)

Edit: Or you need to reach "s" teir dismounted

Whats matter is that they can have fun . Few mmos allow its population to become the "siege guy" . We don't need the  to train them for raids.

And now that mmos are going to allow dungeons with npcs (FOLLOWER DUNGEON) like GW1 , we dont need to spent effort or drama,  to train people to get in there

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 4

In this game mounts have combat attacks so why is this an issue its working as intended. Fireball is an attack its designed to do that, you are still hitting the target with attacks. If they change this then they may as well give zero participation to all those players that 111111 auto in world  events. And there are a lot, at least with skyscale you have to target and line up the attack. Some people will complain about anything.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

20 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

I noticed people sitting on their skyscales and 1 shoting event enemies in starting areas making it hard for people without said skill to tag mobs.

Kinda like how people used raptor before to tail sweep alot of mobs.

I dont think this is what Anet inteded when they did this newest bonus event week, since its not a good introduction t the game.

One would have thought that they learned from all the people lamenting the kill 4 events on x map dailies we had before.

That is just griefing, before skyscale they did it with other mounts or attacks. Thats a dif issue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It’s a tricky thing to balance, as many people predicted it would be. I love that we’re getting fun new abilities like this, but make it too strong and you’ve just made mounts meta; make it too weak, as it is now, and it encourages leeching and causes events to fail which is ruining the experience for everyone else.

Imo, the best way to fix this for both the people who want everyone to participate properly and those who are doing it because that’s the way they have fun would be to use something like the Jade Bot system to need actual investment if you want to use it in proper combat. Nerf it so it does no damage outside specific maps/events normally and doesn’t scale them up, but grant access to a buffed version that does respectable DPS — not chart-topping, but far more than leeching. And maybe apply a boon in the fireball’s AoE, because not contributing boons is another complaint people have against people using mounts in combat. Let people play how they want, but make it so that they contribute fairly.

The Jade Bot system wasn’t implemented well, and has been neglected, but the actual idea of a bunch of useful upgrades that compete with each other for slots is interesting and would apply well to mounts. A skyscale upgrade that gives you good damage potential sounds like a no-brainer, but make it compete with something that gives you an extra dodge, or increases your flight speed/range, and only people who really want to fight on their skyscale will run it because everyone else will want the extra utility.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

In this game mounts have combat attacks so why is this an issue its working as intended.

So, like... how do you go from this 👆 to this 👇

17 minutes ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

That is just griefing, before skyscale they did it with other mounts or attacks. Thats a dif issue.

?

Is using mount attacks intended or not?
If you want to consider the nuance of the situation by saying "it's too much dmg in newb zones, so it's uninteded and griefing" then why aren't you considering the nuance of "it's not a lot of damage in high level areas/boss fights so it's unintended and griefing"?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 11/21/2023 at 1:33 AM, flawedfox.1409 said:

Any one else noticed the rise in lazy participation through the use of skyscale fireball?

Not really, no. If a player is determined to leech or be lazy they certainly don't need a skyscale to do that. I have noticed an uptick in players trying to tell other players how they should and shouldn't play with their skyscale in open world PvE. You should know that's always going to be a negative interaction with yourself as the instigator, daring the guy on the skyscale to defy you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it's just me, but the problem sounds like a half-baked implementation.  If you're going to give an ongoing attack to a mount, make it competitive so that those using it are holding their own.  If you don't want the mount attack to be competitive, don't make a mount attack.  Why make a mount attack that's the equivalent of environmental attacks?

• Confused 3