Daily Wizard's Vault Quests

I've gotten lucky with Southsun Survival, several times I've gotten added to a match that was already in progress so I appeared as a wisp and just had to wander around for a few minutes before it completed, it was actually quicker than the other activities and I didn't have to do anything. Once I must have been in there alone because I swam out to sea to find out what would happen and when I died it told me I'd killed the last surviving player and won the match.

I don't mind the activities being in rotation, because I'm completely indifferent to winning, losing, scoring any points etc. and therefore don't care if I get killed by other players, I just do whatever until it's over and it usually only takes a few minutes. But I do agree it comes up too often and it would be good to see more things included in the dailies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ariurotl.3718 said:

It's one of the easiest dailies where you don't have to do anything if you don't want to (other than move your char an inch if the kick message pops up). It's essentially free AA. Why would you want it gone?

Some people want to actually play the game. Going semi-afk for 10 minutes is not my idea of fun.

Personally, I hate that once I complete the 4 dailies the last one still stays active. It is annoying as hell to have to go into my achievements just to find out what the daily S4/IBS/EoDs are, especially once I've finished the daily WV.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

46 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

How long until we get to "Just give us all the daily AA for logging in"?

for the records, i didn't like login rewards for how easy they were to farm on alts, but we did have rewards just for logging in (many of which are now purchased with astral aclaim), so its silly to think that such a thing is unacceptible when the game already had it for many years.

activities were also optional in the past because you could do a pvp or wvw daily instead, which you can't mix in with pve anymore.

@ thread:

i think that most players' issue with activities isn't that they're pvp, its that they're bad pvp. they were made a long time ago and were perhaps some of the lowest quality of content in the game, quickly thrown together by the developers and almost never improved upon or even bug-fixed. the activities that come with the festivals, such as dragon ball, also have similar legacy design problems and were already feeling dated when they rolled out many years ago, let alone now.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I wouldn't mind activities for dailies as much if they didn't show up as frequently.  It seems like about twice a week, doing an activity is one of my dailies.

Last night, it was crab toss.  I joined the event - it had 5 minutes to go, so I exited, did some other stuff, and decided to take a chance, and got back into the same instance with 2 minutes, at which point I played it out and got the achievement.  I still didn't really enjoy it, but it was fast enough I didn't care.

There was another thread where the poster said the issue is that there is so much content in the game they could choose for dailies, but instead, it is a very small portion.  I agree with that - I'm not sure what the rationale for how they chose the dailies, but it certainly seems like there are a lot more things they could pull in to at least add a bit more variety.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yaki.9563 said:

Some people want to actually play the game. Going semi-afk for 10 minutes is not my idea of fun.

Personally, I hate that once I complete the 4 dailies the last one still stays active. It is annoying as hell to have to go into my achievements just to find out what the daily S4/IBS/EoDs are, especially once I've finished the daily WV.

I do play the games. All of them. Though I don't love Keg Brawl, as it's too dependent on a random team, but I find the other three quite fun.  Sanctum Sprint is essentially Mario Cart without the cart. Southsun Survival is a takeoff of the Hunger games and even if you die, being a wisp is hysterical and you get to run around and trap the players still alive, which is fun as hell. Nothing can hurt you once you die, but your game isn't over. And crab toss, once you learn the power ups can be super fun, even if you're just picking up planks and smacking people with them. It doesn't even matter if I win or lose, because the actual mechanics are so much fun.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I quite like them being there. Or at least Sanctum Sprint. I enjoy that a lot and it's got encouraged me to play it more and get the achievements. On the flip side, the other activities aren't as fun to me

I do like the sprint one but the rest can DIAF!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

if people are enjoying the activities, then I would like to leave them in. But I personally would choose almost anything else in the entire game, except a minidungeon. 

But we need more options, so that people can choose the content we want/can do, just like it had always been. Again, this is an official Request for Reasonable Accommodations for disabled players. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I agree with adding more options to the Wizard's Vault, but disabled players can still complete the activity one because literally the only requirement is to be inside the activity when the timer runs out. You don't have to have scored any points or used any skills or done anything except move just enough to avoid being kicked for inactivity.

In Keg Brawl it helps if you can pick up the kegs and carry them closer to one of the goals (or right to the goal) because that one can end early if a team scores 11 points, but that's not required to get credit for participation, it just makes it quicker.

• Like 2