Questions about legendary relic

Will we be compensated for the legendary runes if we craft them AFTER the legendary relic is released or only if we have them when it is released on 27th february?

Will the legendary relic have visual effects?

What items will the legendary relic require to be made?

Edit: the questions are for moderators.

Second edit: I crafted the legendary runes, I hope compensation will be worth it.

Edited by andreiblue.8231
Update
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

3x We don't know yet. Sry m8. Your bet is as good as anyones.

I'd say:
Probably but I wouldn't count on it.
I hope that it will complete the PvE legendary trinket visual effect since I don't like the black blob. If it does I hope ANet will add a visibility toggle.
We won't know that before release. ANet never releases recipes before release.

1 hour ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

The moderators won't know any more than we do, they watch over the forum to make sure people aren't breaking the rules but they aren't part of the dev design team.  And if you have a question for the devs, the closest you can come to them is either emailing Support or posting on social media they use and seeing if there's any sort of response (they seem to chime in on Reddit a fair bit, or used to).  Anything you post in these forums is only going to get responses from other players with a very rare community manager comment and an even rarer dev comment.  You can click on the Dev Tracker tab at the top of this page to see what sorts of things they actually reply to.

As to compensation, I can see it going either way.  The compensation announced so far is a credit given towards the legendary crafting.  So quite possibly the process of making the legendary relic will include using many of the same mats that the current legendary runes require, and thus you'll just have gotten a head start by doing it now.  Or, equally possibly, the runes will continue to have some qol function in addition to what the relic offers but ANet is only compensating those people that made the legendary runes previously because those runes lost the special 6th slot thing that persuaded people to go to the effort of making them and basic stat runes are plenty cheap enough that no one will bother making the legendary ones once they have the relic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

The moderators won't know any more than we do, they watch over the forum to make sure people aren't breaking the rules but they aren't part of the dev design team.  And if you have a question for the devs, the closest you can come to them is either emailing Support or posting on social media they use and seeing if there's any sort of response (they seem to chime in on Reddit a fair bit, or used to).  Anything you post in these forums is only going to get responses from other players with a very rare community manager comment and an even rarer dev comment.  You can click on the Dev Tracker tab at the top of this page to see what sorts of things they actually reply to.

As to compensation, I can see it going either way.  The compensation announced so far is a credit given towards the legendary crafting.  So quite possibly the process of making the legendary relic will include using many of the same mats that the current legendary runes require, and thus you'll just have gotten a head start by doing it now.  Or, equally possibly, the runes will continue to have some qol function in addition to what the relic offers but ANet is only compensating those people that made the legendary runes previously because those runes lost the special 6th slot thing that persuaded people to go to the effort of making them and basic stat runes are plenty cheap enough that no one will bother making the legendary ones once they have the relic.

Sorry, you are right, I meant dev (thought the moderators here are also devs)

We don't know what the compensation will be. The relic announcement and this FAQ are all the information we've got so far.

But when the legendary armoury was introduced the compensation for people who had duplicate legendaries they no longer needed was a chest to choose another legendary of the same type (so for example if you had duplicate armour you could only get another armour piece), and it was only considered a duplicate if it was two of the exact same thing, if you had a medium raid armour set and a medium WvW armour set you got nothing.

It's very likely the compensation for legendary runes will be similarly underwhelming. I think the best you can hope for is that making a legendary relic will require 6 legendary runes, so you'll have a head start on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since I already have a set of legendary runes, I hope the relic doesn't require clovers... but I'm saving clovers because it probably will.  And I probably need more Provisioner Tokens--I thought I was done with those.

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

the Relic is an accessory, not an upgrade like the runes/sigils so it won't make sense. Clovers on the other hand.

Well since you can buy bloodbound weapons with provisioner tokens I dont think they are locked to just upgrades like runes and sigils so there is no reason for it not to be included in legendary relic.

Nothing truly final/confirmed, but as far as I know and based on all I've read on it, the only "compensation", is that the crafting process for the legendary relics will be significantly easier if the legendary runes are in your possession. 

So no, probably no compensation after crafting. Just an easier acquisition.

Sources:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/relics-bring-new-equipment-to-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/134203-relics-bring-new-equipment-to-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/page/17/#comment-1948417

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Relic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question 1: I hope so. Would really incentivize people to also craft leggie runes. 

Question 2: Oh god please no. Or at least give it a toggle. 

Question 3: I'm assuming it'll be like the other legendary trinkets so

• Precursor from an Achievement (Spark of Sentience, Glimpse, Hateful Sworl)
  • Gift from an Achievement (Gift of Sentience, Gift of Prescience, Gift of Patience)
  • Gift from Open World Mats (Gift of Draconic Mastery, Gift of Arid Mastery, Gift of Compassion* )
  • Mystic Tribute
6 hours ago, Helix.6897 said:

Nothing truly final/confirmed, but as far as I know and based on all I've read on it, the only "compensation", is that the crafting process for the legendary relics will be significantly easier if the legendary runes are in your possession. 

Assuming I got the recipe at all right, my bet is that it will be giving mats for that darn Mystic Tribute.  Maybe an achievement "Master of Runes" which has 7 tiers and gives 11 mystic clovers for each Rune. Clovers are the worst part of any legendary so that would certainly count as "significant progress" in my eyes.

Good questions but Anet isn't very communicative, we'll probably learn it on release day. Probably no visual effect at least.

While we know nothing about material costs I think it's safe to say that the relic collection achievements will be required, so I'd get to those. Especially the core set, as prices will probably rise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Wizler.8192 said:

Since I already have a set of legendary runes, I hope the relic doesn't require clovers... but I'm saving clovers because it probably will.  And I probably need more Provisioner Tokens--I thought I was done with those.

Clovers dont value as much anymore since making them isnt a gamble with Lyhr, you can save some gold by buying them at cheaper price with fractal relics/magnetite shards/green shards though. 

1 hour ago, Morvran.8265 said:

Good questions but Anet isn't very communicative, we'll probably learn it on release day. Probably no visual effect at least.

While we know nothing about material costs I think it's safe to say that the relic collection achievements will be required, so I'd get to those. Especially the core set, as prices will probably rise.

I actually wish it will have visual effects because unlike runes and sigils it has its own slot in the hero panel.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

the Relic is an accessory, not an upgrade like the runes/sigils so it won't make sense. Clovers on the other hand.

They added a lot of merchants which give provisioner tokens in this expansion, I would actually be surprised if it doesnt require them

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

They added a lot of merchants which give provisioner tokens in this expansion, I would actually be surprised if it doesnt require them

The Obsidian Armor needs a ton. Hence the new vendors. 

i'm pretty sure by "compensation" they mean the legendary runes will be required and players who obtained them will have a much easier time getting the relic. this is very consistent with their past designs, although i imagine they would add an alternate path just like they do for most stuff.

keep in mind that previously the relic bonus was the #6th rune bonus, which means it might be at least as hard as six runes to complete.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

Will we be compensated for the legendary runes if we craft them AFTER the legendary relic is released or only if we have them when it is released on 27th february?

I suspect that the legendary runes you have will progress whatever achievement is needed to get something you need to craft the legendary relic; in that case yes, runes you craft after Feb 27 will count towards crafting the relic (unless of course you've already crafted the relic).

Most legendaries do, so probably yes.  Hopefully togglable like the legendary trinkets

Rune of the Warrior: Orichalcum, Armored Scale, Onyx Lodestone
Relic of the Warrior: Lucent Crystal, Armored Scale, Charm, Ecto
Legendary Rune: Gift of Runes (Mystic Aspect, Clovers, Ecto, Obsidian), Gift of Craftsmanship, Gift of Condensed Magic/Might

Based on this my guess for the Legendary Relic is:

* Gift of Reclics Mystic Clovers, Ectos, Obsidian; and some new relic-specific "Mystic X" (similar to Mystic Aspect/Mystic Mote, but using something relic-specific; maybe that you get some of for "free" when you craft a legendary rune)
* Gift of Craftsmanship
* Gift of Condensed Magic
* Gift of Condensed Might

On 1/7/2024 at 10:16 AM, andreiblue.8231 said:

i wish anet would stop selling expansions but in real they are early access expansions. 

1 year later half the features are missing still. i start to wonder will we get all before next expansion launch

• Like 2
  • Confused 3