Tribal Armor Acquisition

That is a good suggestion @Biziut.3594. I myself am FAR from being even a "good" player in WvW imo (the mileage may vary though lol), but even I have done that. @Towndrunk.9562, just choose a WvW zone where the side you are on is really owning the place, go to that zone and "farm" camps and such for a while. After some time, and with a little patience, you will find that you'll get all the pieces.

Just a friendly suggestion though. 🙂

Edited by BjorJlen.9674
  • Like 2

Hmmm.  That's why I made the comment.  I'm not interested in PvP nor WvW.   I would just be a hinderance to the people playing those modes.  They added PvE rewards to both PvP and WvW why not spread the love back to PvE.

FYI it's the PvE that keeps bringing me back to GW2.

Thanks

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Towndrunk.9562 said:

Hmmm.  That's why I made the comment.  I'm not interested in PvP nor WvW.   I would just be a hinderance to the people playing those modes.  They added PvE rewards to both PvP and WvW why not spread the love back to PvE.

Thanks

There are just some armors that are from the different game modes. I found it kind of odd these armor/skins were only available through WvW/PvP but I don't see that as an issue. There are very few things in game that are limited to certain game modes, but when they do come up: if you want them you participate in said game mode. Doesn't take long to do.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Towndrunk.9562 said:

Hmmm.  That's why I made the comment.  I'm not interested in PvP nor WvW.

Than just claim camps, as far as I know killing npc's is not considered PvP.

17 minutes ago, Towndrunk.9562 said:

I would just be a hinderance to the people playing those modes.

Don't You worry about other peoples. In GW2 everyone is most welcome to play whatever he/she likes. You are welcome to be there as well.

19 minutes ago, Towndrunk.9562 said:

They added PvE rewards to both PvP and WvW why not spread the love back to PvE.

I don't understand. PvE have like 90% of the rewards through all of guild wars 2, it's the most loved mode already. WvW gets barely any attencion, and PvP gets literally none.

23 minutes ago, Towndrunk.9562 said:

Great, than keep enjoying it, having or not having this single skin should not affect that. And if You want that skin, do what is required to get it.

24 minutes ago, Towndrunk.9562 said:

Thanks

Your Welcome. Have a great day. ❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Rewards exclusive to a mode gives players an incentive to try that mode (or in this case, two modes).

PvE doesn't need to have everything.

1 hour ago, Towndrunk.9562 said:

I'm not interested in PvP nor WvW.

Then don't play those modes. But don't complain about not getting rewards from modes you choose to not touch.

1 hour ago, Towndrunk.9562 said:

They added PvE rewards to both PvP and WvW why not spread the love back to PvE.

sPvP and WvW are far less played than PvE, so those modes need more incentives to get more players.

Even with increased rewards in sPvP and WvW, PvE still is far more rewarding. Some parts of PvE may even be too rewarding.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 8:08 PM, Towndrunk.9562 said:

why not spread the love back to PvE.

We haven't seen a new map in WvW in eight years or so. No fundamental changes since... ugh I can't even remember. That mode desperately needs some work, even just 1% of the attention to PvE would be amazing so no, no one gets to complain about WvW getting too much love 🙃

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Pretty sure this armor was available in vanilla GW2 days in PvE. It and a few other sets became unobtainable with the wardrobe system implementation. They were later added back as of obtainable through WvW and PvP only. Better than the period of time we couldn't acquire them at all I'd say.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Wouldn't that go against the idea of cultural armor, though?

Sounds like a cool opportunity for a side-quest to me. "You, an asura, are tasked with assisting the norn people, and your reward is access to their special armour." Get actual game designers in here to flesh out the idea and make something real and fun with it. Buuut implementing the cultural armours for other races would be a bit of an effort, aside from my silly side-quest idea.

On 1/8/2024 at 8:08 PM, Towndrunk.9562 said:

Thanks

And I really like some of the fractal weapon skins but I really don't care for fractals so I'm not getting them. That's normal. Different game modes should have rewards that are specific to those game modes imo and if you don't want to do such content then you should accept that you don't get the rewards. That's how I see it.

I don't like PvP either and I don't like raiding/strikes either. What I do enjoy is OW content and WvW. But for all of those other things, I'm not complaining about not being able to get those rewards. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Kiki.9450 said:

Sounds like a cool opportunity for a side-quest to me. "You, an asura, are tasked with assisting the norn people, and your reward is access to their special armour." Get actual game designers in here to flesh out the idea and make something real and fun with it. Buuut implementing the cultural armours for other races would be a bit of an effort, aside from my silly side-quest idea.

But how does a 4 ft tall gremlin fit in armor made for a bear sized human?  Its basically required for them to remake the armor for human to non-human, and visa versa.  If they do that, they’re just gonna sell it as an outfit. Plus they’ll look different from the reference model. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

But how does a 4 ft tall gremlin fit in armor made for a bear sized human?  Its basically required for them to remake the armor for human to non-human, and visa versa.  If they do that, they’re just gonna sell it as an outfit. Plus they’ll look different from the reference model. 

How does that same gremlin fit into the same Magical Girl outfit made for the bear-man? And I do realise remaking the armour sets for the various races is a greater task and that it's unlikely to happen. I was merely answering "how can we justify allowing that gremlin to wear bear-man armour?" as an in-game, in-lore question.

And of course they'll look different from the reference model, at least somewhat. Different anatomy and all. The same general styling can still be retained.

But again, I don't expect Anet to actually make cultural armour available for all races, it's just an idea on how they can justify it in game -- as a side-quest to unlock the visuals.

17 hours ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

Heh, Norn cultural armor appears to be made on a human scale first and then just enlarged or is it just me who thinks Norn cultural armor looks a bit fuzzy and low detail?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Heh, Norn cultural armor appears to be made on a human scale first and then just enlarged or is it just me who thinks Norn cultural armor looks a bit fuzzy and low detail?

Everything is made human first and scaled to fit other races.

• Confused 1

On 1/25/2024 at 6:14 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

Wouldn't that go against the idea of cultural armor, though?

Main story cut scenes occasionally have characters wearing armours from other culures, while player characters cannot.  Maybe this is why some people get the idea.  Last I remember noticing it for example, was in the Asuran main story line; one of the chars (I forget his name) was wearing human race light armour shoulders and gloves.  At the very least some consistency on this point might make the request less frequent. 

• Like 2