WvW is in the WORST State ever

10 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Yes wvw in sorry state, the people who was very active is not as active, but hey... ques are still there, blobs are blobbier than ever, roamers and clouders became mindless drones, even fow cloud is npc like...but who cares about actual skill when people get rewarded just for breathing.

In reference to this, I tell you that it is the reason why some passionate players suggest and have suggested in this forum that this mode needs a lot of little new things. New maps, new scoring system, new weekly appointments that affect the same score  servers, as well as the need to make the confrontation between the teams more believable so that you can build your stick and your carrot to chase, so as to stimulate interest and engage a vast number of players.

However, the feeling every time someone tries is that Anet and its development have been stuck on WR for a long time, and nothing else is being considered in the meantime. Or you'll find a bunch of other players denying anything, always for the same reasons, WVW is impossible to solve or WVW is just a useless playground. So here we go. nailed well.

Edited by Mabi black.1824

Comped WVW is laughable right now. 

Some entire Professions are just not brought at all. 

Like 4 Viable DPS Elite Specs. 

Druid Is basically the only heal support. Scrapper to some extent. but that is basically only brought because getting enough druids to fill a 50 man squad is tough. 

Reaper only gets in because of strips. 

All the while, I've seen squads with as many as 20 chronos. Boonball is king, and so,so,so many professions/elite specs just DONT Matter in boonball. If they can't kill the boonball meta, then at least make sure every elite spec can be viable in boonball. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Tanro.4175 said:

Druid Is basically the only heal support. Scrapper to some extent. but that is basically only brought because getting enough druids to fill a 50 man squad is tough. 

All the while, I've seen squads with as many as 20 chronos. Boonball is king, and so,so,so many professions/elite specs just DONT Matter in boonball. If they can't kill the boonball meta, then at least make sure every elite spec can be viable in boonball. 

Now? Comped wvw is now miles better to what was 2 years ago. Wvw meta was always very tight.

We had fb+scrapper+scourge+herald. This was core that was unchanged. Than you added a few bubble SpBs and maybe a chrono or 2. The only variation to that I ever saw was maybe a weaver here or there and some guilds running DHs for heavy melee comps. 

While I havent run with a guild for some time now from what I see there is more variability. Fb is still unmovable mountain. But for secondary support there is at least some competition. Maybe youre right with druid, dont know, but I see also vindis and scourges. Maybe also tempest and scrapper.

For dps I see again vindis, zerkers, reapers. I dont think herald would be bad, only vindi is better. Dont know hows scourge.

Again Im a bit out of the loop so take with a grain of salt but Im sure its better than it was. Because it cant be worse.

7 hours ago, Tanro.4175 said:

All u see is clones... even fight guilds cant fill with enough chronos for every sub.

Overall most of what u wrote is at state of delusion, extremely limited anecdotal experience or trolling... yet it feels like you off your meds again tanro.

U one of those guys who get 1v1 with mesmer and then rage dm screatching about 4v1 and how you could take him easily or smtg. 

In wvw u will have hard time finding 20 people online at same time that even have mesmer in a first place. Its not easy to play, its not easy to be good support on it too, yes it bit overkilling now but many chose to still run firebrands because there is not enough chronos or those around cant perform as well on it as fb's even with all the buffing.

Im not sure why u people hyperbolize so much, do u think people reading actually unaware about comps or what? 

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Tanro.4175 said:

Idk what you're smoking, Druid was more viable thanks to karakosa relic heals, which got nerfed fairly quickly. They still do good condi cleanse, but hvindi is better as a secondary support. Classes/specs are viable than you depending, on how tryhard the comp is for each squad tbh.

I don't like BvB that much as a result, even though I learned to play Heal scourge, which is fun, until it turned into the Chrono stacking turtle meta.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, RisingDawn.5796 said:

Idk what you're smoking, but at least done more classes/specs are viable depending, on how tryhard the comp is for each squad.

I don't like BvB that much as a result, even though I learned to play Heal scourge, which is fun, until it turned into the Chrono stacking china meta.

Druid was more viable thanks to karakosa relic heals, which got nerfed fairly quickly. They still do good condi cleanse, but hvindi is better.

>druid good at condi cleanse but hvindi is better.

Risingdawn, did tanro passed whatever hes smoking to you? I read lot of things in these forums, but i never seen someone claim vindicator is a good cleanser before now.

U have to smoke some good kitten while snorting and taking enema of some designer stuff from vietnam to say that vindi is better cleanser than druid.

The difference is so big that vindi cant even be called cleanser in comparison to druid. Use arcdps guys stop clown posting, all hvindi does is healing, he does it very well, best currently, but its pretty much all it brings.

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Confused 3

On 1/22/2024 at 3:30 PM, senftube.6081 said:

Teapot gone

Vallun gone (he play now LoL and BG 3)

Yama rant about bad balance/bad design choices yesterday on stream

More than 70% of FL and diehard WvWers not playing anymore.

Roaming literally dead

ANET wake up!

who are these people and why should I care what some rando's do?

99.9999999% of the playerbase could not care less.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 3:30 PM, senftube.6081 said:

Teapot gone

Vallun gone (he play now LoL and BG 3)

Yama rant about bad balance/bad design choices yesterday on stream

More than 70% of FL and diehard WvWers not playing anymore.

Roaming literally dead

ANET wake up!

Meanwhile ic zergs doing more pvd than ever....

WvW seams working 100% fine for Anet they always wanted the no fight game with PVD zerg, they stated that when they introduced EOTM into the game.

29 minutes ago, Cameirus.8407 said:

who are these people and why should I care what some rando's do?

99.9999999% of the playerbase could not care less.

Lol. The developer is constantly floating the idea of merging servers because of lack of players.

This thread and the state of wvw roaming reminds me of GW1.

The bitter, mediocre, unskilled holdouts trash talk everyone for leaving trying to talk up the game mode like they were always great at the game.

99.99% of the playerbase has already left. You're not good for being good now. And that is why it's so dangerous for Arena Net to get feedback. You're getting feedback from people who don't care about the gamestate beyond the fact they're somebody in the land of nobody.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Leger.3724 said:

Lol. The developer is constantly floating the idea of merging servers because of lack of players.

The bitter, mediocre, unskilled holdouts trash talk everyone for leaving trying to talk up the game mode like they were always great at the game.

99.99% of the playerbase has already left. You're not good for being good now. And that is why it's so dangerous for Arena Net to get feedback. You're getting feedback from people who don't care about the gamestate beyond the fact they're somebody in the land of nobody.

Am I understanding you correctly?

You stated that its so dangerous for Anet getting feedbacks, so why did those 99.99% leave?

I'll tell you why

"What you permit, you promote. What you allow, you encourage. What you condone, you own. What you tolerate, you deserve.”

Just like Toxic Work Culture being the #1 Factor driving people to resign their workplace, Toxic Gaming Culture is #1 factor driving players to leave the game 

For 12 years, Anet has Permitted, Promoted, Allowed And Encouraged Toxic Gaming Culture For The Players

So they leave

-Signs of Toxic Gaming Culture-

1. Unfair treatment

2.  Exclusionary behavior or cliques

3.  Lack of trust and support amoung concern players

4. Poor communication and lack of transparency

5. High levels of stress and burnout

6. Constant dysfunction and confusion

7. Core values are non-existent

8. Does not follow core values

9. Hard work and effort are not rewarded

10. No acknowledgement to the Community concerns

11. No motivation to play

12. Lack of confidence in leadership

13. Rewarding Bad Behaviors

14. There's no willingless to grow and change

15. Lack of respect and care to the Community inputs, feelings and concerns

16. Promoting and encouraging favoritism, bias 

17. Cutthroat competition-creating an environment that is unhealthy, detrimental and undermining to the players experiences

18. Allowing Abusive, bullying, harrassment, trolling and stalking to be part of game feature design

19. Normalizing and encouraging harmful, destructive behaviors

20. Lack of consequences, accountability and responsibility to create a healthy competitive gaming experience for the players

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Leger.3724 said:

lol, um let me paint you a different picture. Never have I seen them float any ideas of merging. Hence why they went with links. You are reading too much in here. They were so against removing they went with links and then the WR.

I like roaming, what does any of this have to do with roaming? Roaming is one of the best states with lost of elites and cores as options for roaming?

So what you mean is roaming is no longer just a select classes or builds. Check.

99.99% of the playerbase has already left.

We have lost a lot of WvW players. 99.99%, drama lama maybe.

You're not good for being good now. And that is why it's so dangerous for Arena Net to get feedback.

Taking feedback from who?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Am I understanding you correctly?

You stated that its so dangerous for Anet getting feedbacks, so why did those 99.99% leave?

I'll tell you why

Burn, you had some good points that you linked to bad points. So we lost 99.99% of players? You just diluted some good points against , whatever that other was. Again, you make your own good points, don't link them others that may not be so much. IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, um let me paint you a different picture. Never have I seen them float any ideas of merging. Hence why they went with links. You are reading too much in here. They were so against removing they went with links and then the WR.

Lol, let me not be a giant kitten segmenting posts to argue individual points.

Alliances is the server merge, champ. Alliances is a server merge. Are you this ignorant? Did you not understand that?

For a couple weeks every few months for 2023 and now 2024 we're "testing alliances". We're testing server merges. That's what alliances is.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, Leger.3724 said:

Alliances is the server merge, champ. Alliances is a server merge. Are you this ignorant? Did you not understand that?

For a couple weeks every few months for 2023 and now 2024 we're "testing alliances". We're testing server merges. That's what alliances is.

"Alliances" is not the server merge, that's more like squading guilds together.

"World restructuring" is I guess technically server merging, although not really, since servers will be gone and it's newly created worlds every 4 weeks.

Also they only had one beta test in 2023, and it wasn't "testing alliances", it was "testing world restructuring", please use the correct terms.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Restructuring

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Leger.3724 said:

No, you read into what Alliances something that its not. Since an Alliance can not house a full server, where would you assume that these are the same things? Also server merges wouldn't have given you any choice which is why I think they never went that route. Anet didn't want to try and break people up and face that decision. Was that right or wrong? I don't know. I do know that was a normal game decision that they tried to avoid to the point that now all servers will be facing the issue versus servers with low population facing it over time.

For people hitting this via a web search, additional information which has changes over time and is still actively being updated by GW2 wiki players (thanks as always for your time peeps) can be found here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_Restructuring

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Alliances

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

"World restructuring" is I guess technically server merging, although not really, since servers will be gone and it's newly created worlds every 4 weeks.

Technically, it's the complete opposite of a server merge. It's a server split.

We have 27 servers today in EU and if we for arguments sake take that old average size and say that everyone is insanely organized to the max, we would have 135 new "servers" that will be linked by 5 instead of by 2.

That's not gonna happen in practice at all, but still. Split not merge.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Cannot believe this thread is still going on, no one has provided a clue as to why WvW is at it's worst, Vote to close the thread its taking up valuable real estate on the forum.

WvW is at its worst because:

- Burst damage sources are more reliable now (Holosmith)

- Boons last forever (almost +100% boon duration is easily attainable)

- Boonrips can only deal with above mentioned boons when chained with other players. Meaning it is purely combo meta where fights end super fast.

-Quickness (and alacrity) are easy to access boosting damage further (Alac will be adressed in next patch).

- AoE superspeed upkeep makes fights too easy to start in addition to skill ranges and radii too small compared to their original design.

- Any competitive scenes are dead because objective auras. Interrupting duels and defending are too easy. You simply cannot find competitive timezone, because that competitiveness is tied to location. Example: 1vs1s have 20% damage swings against same opponent with same build depending on who owns nearby objective. It is impossible to be considered the best because 2nd best player or guild is at most 5% worse than you.

- Any meaningful communication has difficulties to develop due to how often the server changes: Links, Transfers, Language issues. Find a good timezone? It will be gone in maximum month because all servers change noticeably.

How to fix it is quite simple: Nerf holosmith, nerf boon duration stat, nerf AoE quickness applications, nerf superspeed applications, replace objective aura stats with something that doesn't affect combat and return monoserver system. There are quite a few other things wrong with WvW as well before it can be considered scene with any longetivity, but these are the main ones to adress.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

WvW's worse possible state was when HoT first came out and all three borderland maps were the original desert bl. Barricades, oasis event, and no gliding. Rock walls in earth keep, air blast traps in air keep, more lava in fire keep. May not even be necessary to explain the skills back then either. People have short memories on the cc and lack of stab and pirate shipping back then.

Edited by Chaba.5410

8 hours ago, Leger.3724 said:

Wrong. As usual with every post I get proven right and the chucklekittens get proven wrong.

I guess I am sorry you didn't actually read what the WR was nor what the Alliance sub logic was. Again for others, these are different entities and please don't walk away with they are the same. Forums can lead to people assuming which can lead to their own issues.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bunny.9834 said:

Yeah goodluck dealing with all the Willbender kitten. 

Thanks ANET! 

I haven't seen Xen hunt in a group. When we cross paths we are normally solo. To me roaming is when you are solo. If you are hunting in a group that falls more under a Havoc, be that 2-20 which might be taking targets of opportunities. Some players call this roaming, but to me roaming is solo hunting. If you are more than 2, you are not roaming, you are Havocing.

As far as Willie, mileage varies, a lot are rather bad and get bolstered by forum posts, so more bags, YAH! Good ones can excel but they are good players on a lot of classes. 

So to promote that; Willie, is un-killable, if you want to win, become the Willie and WIN!