WvW is in the WORST State ever

16 hours ago, Ruufio.1496 said:

I'm pretty sure they are in their 30s as is every other "LONG TIME" WvWer so if they are a respectable human being they SHOULD move on. However, anyone in their 30s+ moving onto other video games to play at a hard core level - for free - is sad and not to be missed. The only reason to play any game at a hard core level in your 30s+ is if you make a ton of money on an esports team or twitch or something. Playing video games is fine for fun. Playing video games a lot in your 30s+ is not fine unless you make decent money doing so. ~Andrew Tate 2024

This is the most cringe thing I've read all month.  

Andrew Tate is not your surrogate father, lol.  

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

"Acceptance is never easy. We can’t make someone see all we have to give, or make them change. All we can do is move on and stop wasting time.”

Burn, here is the difference though with you and senftube as an example versus the content creators if this makes any sense. You are both willing to step up and open your points in an active forum. The reason I call out just video links is that they don't. Talking at a wall provides no counter points and is one sided. Not opposed to players creating youtube and such content, else I wouldn't joke with them, but I don't see it as open to replies. Hence why I have said I would value your points more then any videos since you are stating your own positions.  I do appreciate when they do both all more for the similar reasons.

I have never interacted with Teapot, Vallun, Yama so don't know them. FL, I am still left with Florida so again not sure what this reference is to.  You and senftube have been active and are open to replies. So I would weigh both of your replies more personally.  So when CC providers are referenced that don't then open their points to the official forums for discussion. I admit I am not going to weigh them as heavy as those that do and converse on the points they want to make. Note I am not saying I agree or disagree with any points made but unless you are them I wouldn't use their source material as a reference since its questionable even if you agree. 

Hope that makes sense. If not, let me use an old one from Willie Shakespeare (please forgive me EU friends, it was two-fer) "To thine own self be true.". I would prefer to see active players that would post their thoughts here for discussion versus just linking others thoughts via video where they did not. So don't discount your own view point and its impact. 

As normal, if you are in game. Good hunting, else good gaming where you are finding it!

WAAAAAA!! the streamers and YouTubers that I simp for don't play anymore! The game is dead!! WAAAA!!!

Bro get a grip, ppl come and ppl go, that is life, why the hell are you playing a game because some YouTuber or twitch steamer does? And why for kitten sake their actions and decisions in life are supposed to change yours?

Man, people are so dependant on others these days. 🤦

Do what you find fun and not what others do for themselves...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DarkFlopy.8197 said:

WAAAAAA!! the streamers and YouTubers that I simp for don't play anymore! The game is dead!! WAAAA!!!

Bro get a grip, ppl come and ppl go, that is life, why the hell are you playing a game because some YouTuber or twitch steamer does? And why for kitten sake their actions and decisions in life are supposed to change yours?

Man, people are so dependant on others these days. 🤦

Do what you find fun and not what others do for themselves...

But still it is a sign that something is not good atm. Game is stale and has a trash balance. Bugs which are still there since rls and exploits which doesn't get fixed. New Weapons which got designed only for PvE it seems and Spvp which dies because no new Content. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I have one criteria for any game I play. If I have fun I'll play and if not I'll quit. Fun is very subjective obviously. Don't be so weak minded that you follow whatever some streamer or forum warrior is saying or doing. Decide for yourself. If you have fun in this game mode then play it, otherwise GTFO and do something else. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

PSA: When you are roaming and come across Xen be ready if Xen pulls a tag down around you.

PSA-2: If you are an ex-Choppa from Warhammer, seek Zen out and be ready to just faceroll your keyboard and attack as Warhammer showed you the way. 

Good hunting.

Welllll, pulling is more fun when you can share it with friends. Although, I understand if you wish to redefine the meaning of "friends" after that. 🤭

46 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Welllll, pulling is more fun when you can share it with friends. Although, I understand if you wish to redefine the meaning of "friends" after that. 🤭

My knees hurt since its winter, you save me the time to chase them, I am good with that.

• Haha 1

nailed it on the dot @Chichimec.9364, it’s true, if you’re in a guild the game is very different. There are always people online.

roaming is roaming, I know sentry’s and de-stealth towers slow down roaming… people say roaming is dead. Like those people fail to realize that there is massive fights literally on tag because a whole map Q v map Q v map Q is happening at bay smc open field etc. and then complain the game is dead when the map has a QUE.

I would like to note that some of these streamers/YouTubers for a very long time were abusing builds that were overpowering a skilled zerker meta with things like tank/condi/healing stats. Albeit they advocated for different builds, once the meta shifts in that different, they are no longer OP.  So what do they do? They leave. Funny. 

There are other video games to play and experience. I always fall back to this one because the gameplay is fluid and other mmo games pvp feels clunky and less interactive. If we’re talking console then that’s a different story 

• Confused 3

Well let's see.

Teaport has a 11 day old WvW video. Was never a primary WvW.

Vallun has one from 2 days ago...

What? people can't play other games? I mean, it's only smart for streamers to diversify instead of just relying on one game.  Not everyone lives in the game lol, even if they stream.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Buran.3796 said:

To be honest the best year of WvW was the first one with the leader of Red Guard screaming like a banshee going nuts in the videos and reaching 9999 in a blink. Guilds were new and everyone was hyped to 11. 

You mean the first 2-3 years, when there were active WvW Tournaments, but in the end the players burned out, including me, especially after alot of Server Drama in the first full year.

Alot more guilds, bigger communities and more content and activity, alot more hype about the game mode. Plus the GvG scene was more active with a ladder, with no e-specs bringing power creep.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Like 2

On 1/22/2024 at 11:12 AM, Ruufio.1496 said:

I made that quote up

Lol why do I have doubts, considering anyone sane bringing that man's name up in the preaching of life advice is clearly not in tune with the rest of humanity and very deluded anyways?

Even if not a direct quote, it's pretty on brand considering his mantra is all about building a sense of frail masculinity via acceptance through others, and ya changed your tune real quick when the confused emojis set in.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Lol why do I have doubts, considering anyone sane bringing that man's name up in the preaching of life advice is clearly not in tune with the rest of humanity and very deluded anyways?

Even if not a direct quote, it's pretty on brand considering his mantra is all about building a sense of frail masculinity via acceptance through others, and ya changed your tune real quick when the confused emojis set in.

Lol oh no not the confused emojis 🤣But u are right I am not in tune with the rest of humanity. Afterall, I did not get the 💉. I am a pureblood and will live forever like a god with Andrew Tates quotes as my bible 🙏

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

To be honest the best year of WvW was the first one with the leader of Red Guard screaming like a banshee going nuts in the videos and reaching 9999 in a blink. Guilds were new and everyone was hyped to 11. 

Indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF1UzimGnvs

I am going leave here with this quote, 

"BAD SYSTEM WILL BEAT A GOOD PERSON EVERY TIME"

This is what it always has and always be. It was never about players versus players , "competition" or the players experience that mattered...

it was about players versus, competing against Guild Wars 2 Toxic Gaming Culture and it's Destructive Totalitarian Philosophy 

In the end, Toxicity Win

"The Only Way To Win Against Toxicity Is Not To Play"

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

The AoE cap is a big blobby joke. The WvW team seem clueless about what's makes WvW fun. They have done nothing but ruinging the game mode from when HoT released. Nothing is ever polished. Invisible walls everywhere, the maps are full of teleport bugs, you you can't rely on teleport skills to even work. The build templates are anoter microtransaction joke and were supposed to be free. Good for GW2 that so many other companies sucks at MMO's as well.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

It's the whole meta that is boring. I remember the always lagging garrison fights with 3 servers. That doesn't happen anymore because in those fights nothing dies today just those single stragglers lacking stab.
The game needs to push skill over numbers. Being able to kill people from a blob with 50% of their numbers shouldn't be impossible when the smaller group is better organized.

While at roaming needs something like balancing. It's rather unfun to have 3-5 classes standing out forever. Why would I want to 1v1 or 1v2 when I already know that fight isn't winnable or just annoying?

And for the beta issue. It's nothing different than re-links with just worse balancing

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Streamers are a good gauge of the health of the game. If the streamers are not playing the game they are not advertising the game. If the Developer does not support the streamer then why should the streamer play the game, if the developer does not add new and exiting content then why should a streamer play the game, 

If a streamer that had a high follower base does and event and only a couple of hundred watch and not the thousand plus followers they had, that is bad for the game and the streamer.

Yes WvW is in a bad state and has been for a long time, the developers have ignored the core mechanics of the environment and allowed exploits to go on too long on some classes, and protecting the BB style of play that should have been fixed a long time ago. People have said the BB style of play was killing the game in WvW but the developers have not paid attention to the people who play their game (very seldom see Dev tag in WvW)

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

On 1/22/2024 at 4:30 PM, senftube.6081 said:

Teapot gone
Vallun gone (he play now LoL and BG 3)
Yama rant about bad balance/bad design choices yesterday on stream

Don't care about those. WvW existed before they came to GW2.

More than 70% of FL and diehard WvWers not playing anymore.

Yes, since the original Desert Borderland was introduced with HoT in 2015.

Roaming literally dead

Sure, since the introduction of the server links in 2016.

ANET wake up!

Breaking news: WvW is in the worst state ever. Film at 11.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/22/2024 at 5:30 PM, senftube.6081 said:

Teapot gone

Vallun gone (he play now LoL and BG 3)

Yama rant about bad balance/bad design choices yesterday on stream

More than 70% of FL and diehard WvWers not playing anymore.

Roaming literally dead

ANET wake up!

Teapot can’t be considered a wvw player

Vallun was not that active to begin with.

And Yama - is a cry baby 

Roaming is dead if you don’t roam. 

Guess how many players care that this dudes don’t play wvw atm. And considering that there are bigger issues than 3 ppl not playing wvw like the most boring meta in history of the game just as an example.

But i guess some ppl won’t play wvw just cuz 3 streamers/creators don’t play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, Zevelon.6512 said:

Roaming is dead if you don’t roam. 

Pretty much this. Be that T1 or T4/T5 depending on region. And for those that imply that you find less roamers the higher the tier, have found currently and in the past actually more. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/28/2024 at 10:15 PM, Biermeister.4678 said:

Streamers are a good gauge of the health of the game. If the streamers are not playing the game they are not advertising the game. If the Developer does not support the streamer then why should the streamer play the game, if the developer does not add new and exiting content then why should a streamer play the game, 

If a streamer that had a high follower base does and event and only a couple of hundred watch and not the thousand plus followers they had, that is bad for the game and the streamer.

Yes WvW is in a bad state and has been for a long time, the developers have ignored the core mechanics of the environment and allowed exploits to go on too long on some classes, and protecting the BB style of play that should have been fixed a long time ago. People have said the BB style of play was killing the game in WvW but the developers have not paid attention to the people who play their game (very seldom see Dev tag in WvW)

Ok on some serious note....i think i already posted my impression rates at some point but still:

i dont care about streamers and i dont think most players care or even know about them, i also unironically have way bigger active following than prob all of them combined in twitter...they obv dont know i even exist, why would they? Im in completely different microcosm after all.

Your streamers is locked in their game microcosm, they advertise to people that already play the game, their streams appear on feeds of people that already shown interest to the game...

i wouldnt be surprised if i bringed more people to this game by just shitposting in random threads at twatter, yet nobody thats gonna read this post prob even heard about me. 

U overestimate the games internal microceleb impact to the game and total game pop that even know they exist in a first place, its fine tho as its common missconception by streamer followers.

And about impression counts:

Maybe guy just went full kitten and forgot his meds so he lost follower interest, and they muted/ignoring him, hence view counts? Then he thought its because people lost interest in a game(because obviously it can't be they lost interest in him right?unthinkable) So he started playing the other game in attempt to get his fix of attention? Ever thought of that possibility? 

anyways...

Yes wvw in sorry state, the people who was very active is not as active, but hey... ques are still there, blobs are blobbier than ever, roamers and clouders became mindless drones, even fow cloud is npc like...but who cares about actual skill when people get rewarded just for breathing.

No matter how bad it became now, it still be some time till that 20% of population(ref to parreto principle) leaves and game mode actually dies, so its gonna be a long preach doomposter anon!

Tldr: aint nobody cares about your streamers, im sorry anon

P.s dont forget that even less people care about forums.

Edited by Triptaminas.4789

On 2/2/2024 at 1:13 PM, Zok.4956 said:

Don't care about those. WvW existed before they came to GW2.

Yes, since the original Desert Borderland was introduced with HoT in 2015.

Sure, since the introduction of the server links in 2016.

Breaking news: WvW is in the worst state ever. Film at 11.

On 1/24/2024 at 2:58 AM, RisingDawn.5796 said:

You mean the first 2-3 years, when there were active WvW Tournaments, but in the end the players burned out, including me, especially after alot of Server Drama in the first full year.

Alot more guilds, bigger communities and more content and activity, alot more hype about the game mode. Plus the GvG scene was more active with a ladder, with no e-specs bringing power creep.

Guys, Esports just flew over my house!!

• Haha 2