I was wrong, they actually did a PvP rush.

Wait till players like me who never pvp'd / not good at pvp , take this opportunity to try it out and get bad experience either in terms of unfair matchmaking or chat box get flooded with toxic goo .... Then playerbase get emptied again....

Hope there's no toxic goo in unranked atleast...

"Hope the metrics are useful" X)

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 2

Surely only playing this week till i get my weekly tasks done. 6 games 4 of those ppl afk, one game i played 2 min till the first guy afkd, it was the last of those 6 matches and the moment i saw we had an afk i gave up, i played 2 min, the other 3 players kept playing and still i was top dmg with 39% team dmg lol.

• Like 3

It got me to play PvP for the first time since 2016, my 24th match overall, apparently. (Although Elder Scrolls Online deserves some credit as well, doing Battlegrounds in that game made me think I should give GW2's PvP another go, but the rush got me to actually do it.)

I only had time to do 1 match last night, but it was ok. One guy stopped for a bit to swear at us all in chat because apparently we'd do better if we stayed together, but we were almost 200 points ahead when he started his rant and over 210 points ahead by the time he finished so I'm not sure what he was expecting. But I knew to expect people blowing up over every little thing because the majority of what I've heard about PvP in this game over the years is how terrible chat is.

I won't ever do it regularly (there's only so many times I can run around a little pen killing/being killed by the same people over and over before I need to do something else), but maybe I'll end up doing it more often than a handful of matches every 7 years.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Hope there's no toxic goo in unranked atleast...

About the same amount as your average open world meta gone bad / public fractal and less than your average strike/raid.  

Shouldn't have to worry about bad matchmaking as if you've never played PvP you won't know enough yet to be useful in PvP...so my advice is just enjoy it for what it is. 

a lot of people queueing with 0 to little experience 
matches are a lot shorter
somewhat a lot of anger because of "losing streaks"  
everything , you either burst down , or you get bursted
if they cant kill you , they accuse you of hacking , cause in pve they are doing like 40k deeps 
a lot of disconnects 
following 1 player and  5 players at 1 capture point and they cant take it 
usually no roamers anymore cause thieves just go with team and fight as team players 
matches queue a lot faster , overall great event much fun : setting up premade teams -

Edited by Permanently banned.7534
  • Haha 2

Playing it more since I stopped down to only 1 match each day with the  introduction of the Wizard's Vault. (Before that I played 3-4 matches each main season until I finished the seasonal track. Then 1 daily.) I guess they really plan (now with the events calender in the forums) to more regularly bring back such stuff. In addition to the World Boss and Champ Rushes (they might appear again soon?) and the Fractal Rush ... we got Dungeon Rush, WvW and PvP Rush now. Could easily get an automated schedule where it switches between those every week.

14 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Playing it more since I stopped down to only 1 match each day with the  introduction of the Wizard's Vault. (Before that I played 3-4 matches each main season until I finished the seasonal track. Then 1 daily.) I guess they really plan (now with the events calender in the forums) to more regularly bring back such stuff. In addition to the World Boss and Champ Rushes (they might appear again soon?) and the Fractal Rush ... we got Dungeon Rush, WvW and PvP Rush now. Could easily get an automated schedule where it switches between those every week.

This sounds awesome while at the same time a sort of introduction of maintenance state to the game (such as Zaishen bounties in GW1 coming as a permanent fixture of the maintenance period sometime before they stopped updating content altogether).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

This sounds awesome while at the same time a sort of introduction of maintenance state to the game (such as Zaishen bounties in GW1 coming as a permanent fixture of the maintenance period sometime before they stopped updating content altogether).

That's a lose/lose situation for Anet. If they don't have something going on regularly it's taken as a sign they're struggling to do any updates and the game is either in maintenance mode or about to be. If doing events regularly is also a sign the game is going into maintenance mode there's nothing they can do to avoid that assumption.

I'm not saying you can't think that, just that it's pointless for Anet to try and do anything about it, because anything they do will also be a bad sign for someone.

Edited by Danikat.8537

They have - afaik - at least announced some other expansion. (With them planning to do expansions yearly.) On the other hand: Content-wise the game has a lot already. They can't just bring more and more mechanics. It is not a bad idea to keep older stuff replayable. (Though they'd need to change the reward structure a bit for those rushes. Maybe offering some universal currency - for the start adding Astral Acclaim to the highest tiers would not be bad.) Otherwise only new players will be left doing that stuff ... (which probably is not the intention - I guess they also want older players to populate it so new players get "help" if more people are doing certain stuff.)

Edit: I mean ... this could give them more time to actually work on "better" content for expansions. I'd prefer a bit more story focus. But gameplay and maybe additions for WvW and PvP could be nice. (PvP needs mid sized game modes. A 10 vs 10. Would be fun to try.) The major festivals also seem ready to be "finalized". (Except maybe SAB.) Not really needed to even add more and more rewards on Top. But we'll see with SAB. (I think SAB started the new stuff with the weekly weapon chest for festivals.) They are somewhat finished in a way that just small rewards get added. (To keep people that already have everything ... still playing it.) With the small rushes in between they can satisfy the people that constantly want some event or other new stuff running. Focusing on real content.

Edited by Luthan.5236

I haven't pvped since 2016. I thoroughly enjoyed my 10 matches. I got my Decade of Dragon finished, 80 odd ap and about 20 billion bouncy chests from reward tracks, rush and other things pinging at once!

And I think I only saw 2 people get stressed in chat!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

They have - afaik - at least announced some other expansion. (With them planning to do expansions yearly.) On the other hand: Content-wise the game has a lot already. They can't just bring more and more mechanics. It is not a bad idea to keep older stuff replayable. (Though they'd need to change the reward structure a bit for those rushes. Maybe offering some universal currency - for the start adding Astral Acclaim to the highest tiers would not be bad.) Otherwise only new players will be left doing that stuff ... (which probably is not the intention - I guess they also want older players to populate it so new players get "help" if more people are doing certain stuff.)

Edit: I mean ... this could give them more time to actually work on "better" content for expansions. I'd prefer a bit more story focus. But gameplay and maybe additions for WvW and PvP could be nice. (PvP needs mid sized game modes. A 10 vs 10. Would be fun to try.) The major festivals also seem ready to be "finalized". (Except maybe SAB.) Not really needed to even add more and more rewards on Top. But we'll see with SAB. (I think SAB started the new stuff with the weekly weapon chest for festivals.) They are somewhat finished in a way that just small rewards get added. (To keep people that already have everything ... still playing it.) With the small rushes in between they can satisfy the people that constantly want some event or other new stuff running. Focusing on real content.

Living story is gone, so an xpac yearly is easy

I stopped with the Wizard's Vault introduction - I'd been increasingly dissatisfied with the 'games decided by matchmaker' nature of sPvP for a year or so beforehand, and the choice between having to do at least one PvP daily versus not even seeing them was the final push.

Still keeping my Wizard's Vault strictly PvE-only, but figured it was an opportunity to get some statistics on how bad it is now. 3 wins and 2 losses thus far. None of them had the losing team reach 200 points. I've seen at least one top-ten player, despite generally being a gold-rank player myself.

I'll keep taking notes, but thus far it feels like soloqueuing is basically a coin toss with extra steps. Either your team will be so overmatched that you'd have to be one of the game's best players to carry them, or the enemy team will be so overmatched that it feels like all you really need to do is be better than a bot.

I'm planning to complete the rush (two games a day should do it) and maybe finish the chest afterwards if it's close enough, but after that I'll probably quit sPvP again. But hey, getting some more shards of glory before I have to resort to buying them from the trading post will be nice.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

I've already gotten two more death threats than normal.

We love our PvP community. :3c

It's because Mesmers are the only class that can CC the player, not just their character. We reach into their minds and they don't like it. 😂

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

It's because Mesmers are the only class that can CC the player, not just their character. We reach into their minds and they don't like it. 😂

True unironically. Nerf Mantra of Distraction and Power Block.

@Terrorhuz.4695

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
Cmc its a joke please
  • Like 3

Is Rush a failure? I just had 4 ranked matches in a row and had the same team and opponents every time, and each and every time the matches played out the same way. This low population really sucks..

Edited by Buzzbugs.1236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1