[Feature Request] Ability to Disable Chest Armor

Syktek.7912

Something I saw quite a few times on the previous forum, but it was never acknowledged. Well, here it is again! Give us the ability to disable our chest armor! Or at least give us an invisible chest piece!

I need my topless charr dad! No seriously, Charr look great with just boots and pants!

They allowed something similar to this in DC Universe Online which I really liked.

You were able to change the skin of your gear without effecting the stats, just like you can with transmutation crystals in GW2 (except that it costed nothing and you could do it as frequently as you wanted). But you could also hide any or all of your armor as well.

• 2 years later...

@Syktek.7912 said:Something I saw quite a few times on the previous forum, but it was never acknowledged. Well, here it is again! Give us the ability to disable our chest armor! Or at least give us an invisible chest piece!

I need my topless charr dad! No seriously, Charr look great with just boots and pants!

Excellent idea! We have tats - we need to be able to show them off!

@"LiewKW.6410" said:There would be hundreds of human females running around topless. Please think of the children.

I, for one, wish to show off my pretty yellow undies to the open world, and the kids won't stop me...!

In all seriousness though, this would be a pretty lame excuse. Male and Female humanoid clothes aren't 1:1 - just design a crop top or togs that aren't bright yellow.

@chibi.2537 said:

@LiewKW.6410 said:There would be hundreds of human females running around topless. Please think of the children.

Well, more-less. There's still underwear. But yeah, think of the children, people.

What is wrong with children seeing anyone in their bra? There are already armor sets not much more covering than bikini and a few downright fetish-like skins, so how exactly would it be worse?I seriously don't understand the problem some people have with (not even complete) nudity in a T rated game where we pretty much slay our way out of every problem and have such sick things like Mad King Thorn and his kittened up family stuff (like letting his son starve to death in a magically sealed insanity iducing coffin) or the Nightmare Court abducting other sylvari and torturing them until they join. But who cares about that, when we can fight against nudity, right...

> @anninke.7469 said:

@LiewKW.6410 said:There would be hundreds of human females running around topless. Please think of the children.

Well, more-less. There's still underwear. But yeah, think of the children, people.

What is wrong with children seeing anyone in their bra? There are already armor sets not much more covering than bikini and a few downright fetish-like skins, so how exactly would it be worse?I seriously don't understand the problem some people have with (not even complete) nudity in a T rated game where we pretty much slay our way out of every problem and have such sick things like Mad King Thorn and his kittened up family stuff (like letting his son starve to death in a magically sealed insanity iducing coffin) or the Nightmare Court abducting other sylvari and torturing them until they join. But who cares about that, when we can fight against nudity, right...

You really think the problem is with the community disagreeing with this idea?!People asked for swimsuits for years now and Anet didn't add them yet even though they would make piles of money from them because its probably in their head "inappropriate"

@InvaGir.9158 said:> @anninke.7469 said:

You really think the problem is with the community disagreeing with this idea?!People asked for swimsuits for years now and Anet didn't add them yet even though they would make piles of money from them because its probably in their head "inappropriate"

I don't think it's a community problem. It's a society problem. Community might shout out their lungs for something but won't get it if there's any kind of social pressure against. Thus you have a few sickos with a patent on what's right and a saviour complex and the rest of us are kittened. But I've read enough serious "bash all nudity" kind of posts on this very forum (or the old one) to know we have those guys among us too. :/

I think it's hilarious, really. Star Wars Old Republic (and I personally consider everything Star Wars to be mainly for kids) has invisible "energy" armor for every slot so you can basically run around in your underwear everywhere. And yet, this game is afraid of male chests. Why bother giving most races body art of some kind when we can't show it?

Also.. GW1 had the Necro scar armor, which with the right dye and skin tone could be rendered virtually invisible, making it seem like the Necro was in just tight undies.

@"Gryphon.2875" said:I think it's hilarious, really. Star Wars Old Republic (and I personally consider everything Star Wars to be mainly for kids) has invisible "energy" armor for every slot so you can basically run around in your underwear everywhere. And yet, this game is afraid of male chests. Why bother giving most races body art of some kind when we can't show it?

Also.. GW1 had the Necro scar armor, which with the right dye and skin tone could be rendered virtually invisible, making it seem like the Necro was in just tight undies.

But SWTOR was still in an age where society didn't really care about games as a media. Now that its so widely accepted that the Satanic Panic MO can't be easily used against it, its instead become a vehicle to force a message despite its roots in free expression...... just like social media. And TV. And Movies. And Books. And stories. and Witch burnings. and sacrificing humans for a better harvest.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Gryphon.2875" said:I think it's hilarious, really. Star Wars Old Republic (and I personally consider everything Star Wars to be mainly for kids) has invisible "energy" armor for every slot so you can basically run around in your underwear everywhere. And yet, this game is afraid of male chests. Why bother giving most races body art of some kind when we can't show it?

But SWTOR was still in an age where society didn't really care about games as a media. Now that its so widely accepted that the Satanic Panic MO can't be easily used against it, its instead become a vehicle to force a message despite its roots in free expression...... just like social media. And TV. And Movies. And Books. And stories. and Witch burnings. and sacrificing humans for a better harvest.

I meant the MMO that is currently very much online, not the old single-player game.