Thoughts about GW3 [Merged]

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Knowingly providing false information regarding your business prospects to investors is illegal in the US. 

You sure? I feel like people do that all the time. I'll just take your word for it.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Even if you don't want Gw3 now, I think it'll be welcome in 2030. These games take 5-6 years to produce after all, 1 year if you're making a gorgeous unreal engine cutscene gameplay that glorifies disappointment (a popular sales strategy for new MMO's).

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Knowingly providing false information regarding your business prospects to investors is illegal in the US. 

Not saying your wrong but the statement was made in Korea not the US. No idea what the rules are there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Entara.3075 said:

Not saying your wrong but the statement was made in Korea not the US. No idea what the rules are there. 

Yeah, that is why I included that part. I have no idea what the rules are there. 

3 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

No, lying under oath in a criminal prosecution is a crime. Lying to an investor is NOT a crime. Robbing them of their money is the crime. Lying to a shareholder is also not a crime, just frowned upon and is usually dealt with internally via a vote among a board of directors and shareholders. Every investor invests with the known risk that there is 0 guarantee on a return.

im pretty sure lying to an investor is a crime.

but u could ask Elizabeth Holmes about it.

i think its called fraud

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

There are nuances to fraud. Noone would go to jail for throwing a mention of gw3 on a meeting.

Working on smth doesnt tell much and doesnt actually mean it will see the light of day. Working on something could well be conceptual design that doesnt get a green light to become an actual project.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

im pretty sure lying to an investor is a crime.

I keep asking myself: Where is the proof for any of this "leaked information"? There is no video or audio recording of that alleged "investors meeting" (if it even took place). To me, it feels like someone just put random claims online and everyone is taking the bait. Perhaps it happened, perhaps it didn't. We won't know until ANet themselves make an announcement.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I keep asking myself: Where is the proof for any of this "leaked information"? There is no video or audio recording of that alleged "investors meeting" (if it even took place). To me, it feels like someone just put random claims online and everyone is taking the bait. Perhaps it happened, perhaps it didn't. We won't know until ANet themselves make an announcement.

I hope there is no proof. And I hope ANet gives us a better clarification than this short sentance some peoplse post sometimes. 

Like I know that maybe I am baited, and I shouldn't feel like this and kitten I hate this feeling. But first time in my 12 years of play, I don't want to play gw2. I find myself logging in, walk aimlesly and log out. Like doing anything lost it's point. 

Ye Ik what some peoples say. "Game old, We need new one", "Move on, It's only a game", "If gw3 is comming, You still have many years to enjoy gw2" ect. But I just cannot help it. I wish I would feel another way. I wish I was excited, and I wish I would want to leave gw2 behind me and wait for a new game. But I just... can't. 

Ehh, all of this just shouldn't happen. I hate that feeling. So heres a prayer from a humble player for ANet. xd  "Please hurry up and give us some clarification on the matter". 

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

I hope there is no proof. And I hope ANet gives us a better clarification than this short sentance some peoplse post sometimes. 

Like I know that maybe I am baited, and I shouldn't feel like this and kitten I hate this feeling. But first time in my 12 years of play, I don't want to play gw2. I find myself logging in, walk aimlesly and log out. Like doing anything lost it's point. 

Ye Ik what some peoples say. "Game old, We need new one", "Move on, It's only a game", "If gw3 is comming, You still have many years to enjoy gw2" ect. But I just cannot help it. I wish I would feel another way. I wish I was excited, and I wish I would want to leave gw2 behind me and wait for a new game. But I just... can't. 

Ehh, all of this just shouldn't happen. I hate that feeling. So heres a prayer from a humble player for ANet. xd  "Please hurry up and give us some clarification on the matter". 

why are you so worried, either GW3 is coming in 4-5 years and we have something to look forward to, or its bait.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

why are you so worried, either GW3 is coming in 4-5 years and we have something to look forward to, or its bait.

18 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Thats the whole point... I don't know. And I wish I wasn't. And yet, I am.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Thats the whole point... I don't know. And I wish I wasn't. And yet, I am.

? you are going to struggle in life if every rumour affects you like this 🙂

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

Aren't You just the nicest sweeting around. I am not struggleing in life. I am worried, peoples do have feelings for this game, how surprising. Met many peoples for whom this game is a way to cope with their psychical problems. I also know how immensly it helped me to get through the darker moments of my life. Rumor or not rumor, it shouldn't happen. Certainly not in the way it is happening now.

There is such a thing called "empathy". You should try it sometimes dear. Not everything is about opinion that can be changed. Some peoples feel. Sharing the feelings on forum is nothing bad, and especially nothing that one should mock...

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Aren't You just the nicest sweeting around. I am not struggleing in life. I am worried, peoples do have feelings for this game, how surprising. Met many peoples for whom this game is a way to cope with their psychical problems. I also know how immensly it helped me to get through the darker moments of my life. Rumor or not rumor, it shouldn't happen. Certainly not in the way it is happening now.

There is such a thing called "empathy". You should try it sometimes dear. Not everything is about opinion that can be changed. Some peoples feel. Sharing the feelings on forum is nothing bad, and especially nothing that one should mock...

Don#t take it so personal, this is just a games forum.  There is a saying, don't worry about things that you cant change,  And especially don't worry about good things!  Either Anet are about to invest hundreds of millions into the GW universe or nothing will change, that's a GOOD thing.

incidentally I have autism and also a very demanding job, and the GW universe has been a major tool for emotional resetting for me, so i do care very much about this game,. Don't always assume the worst about people eh.

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

Don't always assume the worst about people eh.

Ye. You too, love. Xd

42 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

Alas. I stated my opinion and shared my feelings. For once I haven't came here for a discussion nor argument battle, so I shall take my leave, with hopes for a longer clarification on the matter comming. Happy Easter to You sweetings. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Guys, it's the internet. Let people speculate. Shouting "GW2 is dead, omg, end of the world" and "lol probably just translation error there is no proof" are two sides of the same coin. And acting as if the other side is the irrational one is delusional.

Personally I feel like GW3 was bound to happen. The story elements are shifting after being a chaotic mess for... well, very long. The game focuses on being a classic mmo, with a skillbar-system on the one side, but seems to be wanting to be an action rpg on the other as well. It's an MMO, meaning cooperative play should be in it's DNA, but then again, the groupplay systems basically come down to: Stack to get heals and boons.

Pretending that this game isn't a glorious mess is coping. A fun mess, but with so many aspects contradicting themselves for the genre it falls into a mess nonetheless. And it always had this identity crisis right from the start but managed to somehow draft around it, wich is a huge success. And I suspect Anet to have learnt ALOT from the last 10 years.

• Like 4
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chaos God.1639 said:

this is like smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. you pay money for it and then you feel sad about your addiction. so getting bored from gw2 and wanting something new is just healthy in my opinion.

I think you are oversimplifying things here. Some people have moved on not because they are bored after the amount of years they have played, but because of the drop of quality and quantity and them not expecting for things to go back to the higher old standards.

If I was still excited over GW2, I would probably be excited over the prospect of a GW3 as well. But I am not, so I couldn't care less whether this leak proves to be accurate or not. But calling everyone "addicted" who is still into GW2 and holds their account's achievements dear and all the money they've invested into it, is a bit harsh IMO. There was a time when I looked upon GW2 as my "online home" as well, but after too many disappointments the feeling shifted towards indifference. Perhaps the people who are still in love with the game just have not reached that emotional point yet - doesn't mean they are addicts.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Biziut.3594 said:

simple solution keep playing gw2 like some gw1 player did the last 20 years.

gw2 stays 12 more years besides gw3 easy.

or buy gw3 and invite all ur friends to join

• Confused 8

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

simple solution keep playing gw2 like some gw1 player did the last 20 years.

Hopefully, however GW1 is incredibly efficient in terms of the server resources it needs. I can't imagine that GW2 with it's shared, persistent world is anywhere near as efficient. That means it will cost more to run GW2.

Anyway, people are not just concerned about if the servers will be running. They're concerned about when the game stops receiving updates and the quality of those updates.

• Like 3

Your optimism is admirable, but  I'd call "12 more years" implausible at best. How much of the game would be unplayable due to faulty scaling, or simply not scaled at all? Big parts of what we now think of as routine content (meta events, world bosses, etc) would become unplayable due to reduced player population.

or buy gw3 and invite all ur friends to join

There's nothing to buy.

The follow-on (damage control) claim was that it was under consideration. That's not even as far along as WvW Alliances, which they've variously claimed to be working on -- before they recently dropped the whole idea so no more "working on it," I suppose.

GW3 does not now exist, and since this is ANet it may never exist.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Your optimism is admirable, but  I'd call "12 more years" implausible at best. How much of the game would be unplayable due to faulty scaling, or simply not scaled at all? Big parts of what we now think of as routine content (meta events, world bosses, etc) would become unplayable due to reduced player population.

There's nothing to buy.

The follow-on (damage control) claim was that it was under consideration. That's not even as far along as WvW Alliances, which they've variously claimed to be working on -- before they recently dropped the whole idea so no more "working on it," I suppose.

GW3 does not now exist, and since this is ANet it may never exist.

i think its obvious that u can't buy gw3 now lol

gw1 exist 12 years after gw2 release 

• Confused 3

8 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Hopefully, however GW1 is incredibly efficient in terms of the server resources it needs. I can't imagine that GW2 with it's shared, persistent world is anywhere near as efficient. That means it will cost more to run GW2.

Anyway, people are not just concerned about if the servers will be running. They're concerned about when the game stops receiving updates and the quality of those updates.

totally agree with u, but they will not cold shut down gw2 for pr reasons alone

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

It's very simple. If people continue to play the game (gw2) it will continue to evolve. If they don't, it won't. But that means they moved on, possibly to something better for them. Which is not a bad thing. You can't expect other players to stick with a game for your own enjoyment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

What defines GW2, and allows it to exist in the current MMORPG landscape are it's unique virtues, like the horizontal progression.
The rebellious game in a genre plagued by wow clones and korean grinder games.

Whatever GW3 is, if it abandons anything of what makes GW2 does uniquely, then its doomed to fail as all MMORPG nowdays who really cannot find a stable foot.
That said GW2 code is old, and there might be many things developers may want to do and just cannot with what they have right now to work with...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

I think the quality question has been answered by the SotO update releases. It can only go further downhill from here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 3