The 5th extension and the picture inside the news.

3 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

I'm not sure where people get the presearing vibe from. This looks too wild for ascalon / not happy enough.

My first thought wasn't pre-searing either but rather the Charr Homelands regions from EotN.

• Like 4

I'm just going to assume that our new map(s) will include the areas now noted by an '80' in the area, which is north of Bloodstone Fen and far north of Divinity's Reach.

Edited by pallas.8150
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, pallas.8150 said:

I'm just going to assume that our new map(s) will include the areas now noted by an '80' in the area, which is north of Bloodstone Fen and far north of Divinity's Reach.

That’s where the Bastion of the Penitent raid is, it’s not an open world area or a foreshadowing. They never put the new areas on the map early

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I would like to see the windrose filled with all intercardinals directions.

So in my opinion we could go:

Northeast from Grothmar deeper into the continental landmass - It is interesting to think that most lands we have ever visited and most of the cultures we know off are very close to the shores. Only Charr come from the inner continental land.

Southeast from Cantha we could explore the eastern part of the Canthan continent or even cross southern from what i would assume is the ecuator of Tyria, now if the Tyrian ecuator IS between Cantha and Elona, then we would be moving towards the actual southern pole of Tyria in that case, which is cool.

Southwest from Maguuma. A brand new world awaits! It could be nice to just leave Tyria and start some kind of exploration/colonization company.

I just hope the next expansion grounds things a little, and dedicates more time to storytelling and characters, make it a bit more on the political-intrigue side of things. Which i think Canthan-Krytan Politics could be a cool place to start and why going further southeast to the southern extremes of the world.  

We haven't explored much of this world, like at all. 
https://imgur.com/x54BkX7

Edited by Inssengrimm.7924
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/16/2024 at 1:38 PM, Fang.2137 said:

Omg, I already know! In Expansion 5 we will go back in time and we will experience the plot of the prophecy once again! Basically, Expansion 5 is a remake of the Prophecy!

So it's a prequel to the sequel. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I've been thinking about this for a bit. The past expansion we had showed that fractals of alternate realities can coalesce into explorable pockets of a world where the timeline has been significantly altered.

What if this is a subset of that? An expansion based around an AU where the Searing never happened, Adelbern never was pushed to use the Foefire, and all of the ramifications that result from that inversion of plot (like the Charr never marching on Orr under Titan direction?) Could be neat.

You might actually be able to work that pretty well into the story, by having the dimensional pocket just affect AU ascalon and having the higher ups aware that there's something screwy in the timeline, but actively preventing the Ascalonian citizens from becoming aware of it via propaganda, etc.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
adjusted for plot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic.1897 said:

Surprised people are still throwing theories out when it is clearly verdant cascades lol

Someone in the lore forum said the image shows treets found in Elona (sandswept specicially). Could be asset reuse. Could be we are going east. I think throwing theories around is safe right now given the possible options

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Inssengrimm.7924 said:

We already went there tho.

Doesnt really matter its literally a pic of verdant cascades

Anyone saying anything else is wishful thinking

Edited by Mic.1897
  • Confused 5

I don't see any pine trees in the Verdant Cascades screenshot.  Could be Verdant Cascades, could be somewhere else.🤷‍♀️

Perhaps, we will be adventuring in Woodland Cascades and this will be the story:

The Complete Art of Guild Wars: ArenaNet 20th Anniversary Edition, pg. 123: [Centaurs] lived on the plains of Kryta long before any other, and they have never forgotten when the humans stole away their lands. While war rages between the two races, it is said that they are gathering somewhere in the Woodland Cascades—preparing an attack to reclaim their home.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Mic.1897 said:

Look at the picture

Go to Google

Type Verdant Cascades

Look at the picture

If by this you're referring to the Verdant Cascades screenshot on the GW1 wiki - this image - then I agree, it does look similar. But not quite the same. So I guess we'll see where it is! Personally I still think it's somewhere around the charr homelands.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 1:42 PM, Mic.1897 said:

Look at the picture

Go to Google

Type Verdant Cascades

Look at the picture

The picture also looks just as similar to the opening shot of Prophecies as it does the Verdant Cascades one. Many players, including myself, immediately thought of that Prophecies shot when first seeing the image. Given that it's GW1's 20th anniversary soon, I could easily see them doing a Prophecies-based map or plotline (Such as finally dealing with the Foefire/ghosts).

• Thanks 2

Personally i hope its an expansion about indiscovered lands, inhabited by Eons old Charr tribes following ancient rites, cultures and long-lost magics;

The Charr in their purest raw form, also still waiting for the Khan-ur's return and still believing Humans are a scourge on their lands that needs to be purged. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 4/20/2024 at 5:08 AM, Poormany.4507 said:

The picture also looks just as similar to the opening shot of Prophecies as it does the Verdant Cascades one. Many players, including myself, immediately thought of that Prophecies shot when first seeing the image. Given that it's GW1's 20th anniversary soon, I could easily see them doing a Prophecies-based map or plotline (Such as finally dealing with the Foefire/ghosts).

I also feel that, considering how much Tyria has changed since GW1 and hardly looks the same anymore at all, that it's really suspicious if something looks the same as it did before lol

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 4/17/2024 at 8:02 AM, Inssengrimm.7924 said:

We haven't explored much of this world, like at all. 
https://imgur.com/x54BkX7

It's been 20 years and we've barely scratched the surface. I really want to go somewhere new.

EDIT: My first thought upon seeing the screenshot was also the opening shot of Prophecies but I agree that the trees do look different.

Edited by SoftPup.3048
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mandala.8507 said:

Anyone wanna talk about how if you zoom in really far on the teaser image you can see a shoreline in the distance above the fallen tree?

That can never be a shoreline from that angle. It must be the silhouette of a hill or mountain.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That can never be a shoreline from that angle. It must be the silhouette of a hill or mountain.

Yes, now look at the water below the hill/mountain. You can barely see it, but there's clearly a difference in coloration that seems to denote a body of water just past the fallen coniferous tree and between the two still upright, just below that barely-visible hill/mountain.

• Like 3

On 4/22/2024 at 1:10 PM, Gazrul.3086 said:

It'd be much more interesting than yet another human inspired expansion imo. 

I still wait for an Asura centered expansion.

They did us so dirty with Primordus, we deserve a proper Asura expansion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1