The 5th extension and the picture inside the news.

Hello all.

It was announced month ago but the 5th extension is coming this year (after the last part of the 4th extension for people who haven't read it before).

Today a little teasing about it.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-our-latest-quality-of-life-feature-cosmetic-inspection/

I will not speak about the new feature released tomorrow but it's to speak about the picture teased in the news.
What does the news image remind you of?

For me, it's remind me the old ascalon from gw 1. So a little back in the north land of ascalon ?
(A travel in time maybe ?)

What does this picture make you remind ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It reminds me of pre searing ascalon, at the same time grothmar valley

Hopefully it's happening somewhere in northern kryta or ascalon and we can go back to dealing with worldly issues like centaur war or human-charr truce

Edited by sanguigasm.1325
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Reminds me more of Brisban, but it could easily be further east of Ascalon

Not the deep ocean or underground sadly which was my little hope

Yep east more than north indeed. (or maybe the extension of blood legion territory) And yes, would like to see something on deep ocean too.

4 minutes ago, sanguigasm.1325 said:

It reminds me of pre searing ascalon, at the same time grothmar valley

Yep the beautiful pre searing (that was i wanted to say by old ascalon). And yes grothmar vally (blood legion territory) make me some vibe from gw 1 pre searing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Hello all.

It was announced month ago but the 5th extension is coming this year (after the last part of the 4th extension for people who haven't read it before).

Today a little teasing about it.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-our-latest-quality-of-life-feature-cosmetic-inspection/

I will not speak about the new feature released tomorrow but it's to speak about the picture teased in the news.
What does the news image remind you of?

For me, it's remind me the old ascalon from gw 1. So a little back in the north land of ascalon ?
(A travel in time maybe ?)

What does this picture make you remind ?

A forest.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I would love it to be east of Ascalon, I've been curious about what's out there since I first started GW1 and not only have we never gone in that direction, as far as I know it's never even been talked about, so it's a total mystery at the moment. I agree it could be almost anywhere temperate though. Likely on the continent of Tyria, but impossible to say where exactly.

I hope it's somewhere new though, somewhere we've never been in GW1 or GW2, rather than returning to a location from GW1.

The full world map shows a lot of unexplored land. Including 2 new continents and an island or penninsula to the west, and a huge chunk of land east of Tyria and Elona. We don't know how far south Cantha goes either. So there's a lot of possibilities.

• Like 6

I'm seeing Ascalon as well. Core-game Ascalon is primarily Iron Legion territory, and with Grothmar Valley we got a peek at the Blood Legion's lands, so . . . Ash Legion Homelands expansion maybe? I'd be down for that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Perhaps us humans will finally take back our lands

FOR GWEN AND THE KING!

Wow, so all you humans are heading back to your own world? Great news, I thought the gods forgot you when they left!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Pre-Searing Ascalon was my first reaction as well. Not likely to happen, of course (unless in a fractal), so the next likely place would be Charr lands somewhere. Dalada Uplands, maybe Sacnoth Valley. Although tbh neither those nor Verdant Cascades should have the same type of forest look Pre-Searing Ascalon had, so they are all a far worse match visually.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

A swamp could indicate the estuary at Janthir Bay on the map

The estuary could work. On the Ascalon side, there are also some bodies of water south of Grothmar and east of Fields of Ruin that could potentially go the swampy route.

Edited by Randin.5701
  • Like 1

If we take into account the new map Compass Rose that got introduced with End of Dragons and the position of Secrets of the Obscure in the North Eest, it seems probable that the other three positions (North East, South East and South West) will be somewhat filled out. Going from that, the North East seems the most likely candidate, seeing the screenshot. It would appear Ascalon North of the Wall and the other Charr Legion Homelands would go there...

(Or we might not use the Compass Rose at all and just go somewhere on an existing part of the map ;))

• Like 2