The 5th extension and the picture inside the news.

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Well, I will be the oddball and say it reminds me of Drizzlewood Coast.

That was my initial thought. If it is Verdant Cascades, though, that's not that far from Drizzlewood.

I'm not sure if we need yet another Charr inspired expansion, though, so I hope it isn't based around that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pallas.8150 said:

That was my initial thought. If it is Verdant Cascades, though, that's not that far from Drizzlewood.

I'm not sure if we need yet another Charr inspired expansion, though, so I hope it isn't based around that.

Well, I did note that it overlaps the Verdant Cascades Guild Wars map.

I do hope we eventually get a Sylvari themed mini expansion that addresses the whole Malyck thing + the fallout of Mordremoth's demise on the Sylvari + the fate of the Nightmare Court + Pale Mommy's recovery + anything about the other "trees."

New zone screencap there is a super nice homage to Pre-Searing Ascalon, and I'm curious what we're gonna be doing in what I'm guessing is another Charr area.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

I do hope we eventually get a Sylvari themed mini expansion that addresses the whole Malyck thing + the fallout of Mordremoth's demise on the Sylvari + the fate of the Nightmare Court + Pale Mommy's recovery + anything about the other "trees."

New zone screencap there is a super nice homage to Pre-Searing Ascalon, and I'm curious what we're gonna be doing in what I'm guessing is another Charr area.

And maybe we could even learn something about the last two unknown Firstborn 🙂

• Like 6

When I saw this I immediately thought about Regent Valley in Pre-Searing Ascalon. There was this path that reminded me so much of this. I'm sure it was changed when the searing happened but it looks so familiar to that area.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I would love it to be east of Ascalon, I've been curious about what's out there since I first started GW1 and not only have we never gone in that direction, as far as I know it's never even been talked about, so it's a total mystery at the moment. I agree it could be almost anywhere temperate though. Likely on the continent of Tyria, but impossible to say where exactly.

I hope it's somewhere new though, somewhere we've never been in GW1 or GW2, rather than returning to a location from GW1.

The full world map shows a lot of unexplored land. Including 2 new continents and an island or penninsula to the west, and a huge chunk of land east of Tyria and Elona. We don't know how far south Cantha goes either. So there's a lot of possibilities.

I think east of ascalon was ogre lands.

I hope it's Ascalon. I'd love if the next mini expansion would be about the human-charr conflict, finally establishing a satisfactory resolution for both sides, not just a ceasefire and specially since the dragons are all dead now. I hope we get to see the end of the foefire curse and human Ascalonians returning to Ascalon in new maps, maybe even get to fight the flame legion 

Edited by CelticFay.8351
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I think it might be the areas from the Charr Homelands from old GW1 that have no GW2 map yet.

Grothmar Wardowns and Old Ascalon, definitely. After the Charr clichés in the IBS, though, I hope it won't be Charr-themed again. 😉 

1 minute ago, CelticFay.8351 said:

I hope it's Ascalon. I'd love if the next mini expansion would be about the human-charr conflict, finally establishing a satisfactory resolution for both sides, not just a ceasefire and specially since the dragons are all dead now. I hope we get to see the end of the foefire curse and human Ascalonians returning to Ascalon in new maps, maybe even get to fight the legion of flames. 

Oooh, that would actually be interesting! 👍

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

the last day dawns on the Kingdom of Ascalon and we're going BACK IN TIME!!! I mean, it's literally a remake of the very first image we see when we start a new game in the original game!

Omg, I already know! In Expansion 5 we will go back in time and we will experience the plot of the prophecy once again! Basically, Expansion 5 is a remake of the Prophecy!

PS. It's a joke.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Justine.6351 said:

I'm not sure where people get the presearing vibe from. This looks too wild for ascalon / not happy enough.

I don't think it looks like pre-searing either, but I do think it could be somewhere near modern-day Ascalon. As far as I remember Ascalon doesn't have pine trees, and the colour scheme is slightly off for the existing Ascalon maps, but it could be somewhere near there.

The fact that they shared the screenshot makes me think we're expected to recognise the area, so it's not somewhere totally unknown (like one of the land masses in the far west on the world map) and it looks like the temperate parts of northern Tyria, but I think it could be either side of the Shiverpeaks because it looks a bit like Drizzlewood Coast too.

• Like 1

It looks a bit like presearing to me, but I doubt very much we will be traveling into the past for the next expac. It looks pretty domesticated, or at least very near to habitation, to me. The lack of undergrowth, etc. A very nice snapshot of a country path. ANet's artists are top notch IMO.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

well, we have nothing else to do in Tyria. There’s nobody left who is foolish or audacious enough to mess with the Commander, and we’ve already started a war in an alternate dimension. So, what’s left? We all know time travel is possible—cough commandos cough… And let’s not forget the Searing Cauldron hero point that has been mysteriously ‘bugged and disabled for no reason’…

as for the picture, it’s clearly a redo, or the artist who made it has a severe lack of originality.

• Like 2
  • Confused 9