[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

On 10/10/2021 at 3:57 AM, Eitum.7631 said:

The skins you receive as reward are currently a pain to handle. They use an slot in your bank and if you don't want this, you have to enter the name to throw it away. 

But what is this skin actually for?  It's simply a combination of unlocking and a free transformation. Why not simply add a "consum" option that grants exactly this.

The skin gets unlocked and in addition we get an transmorph charge. No need to waste a bank storage to save a charge for anytime later and no pain to enter the full name if you swin in charges as I do. 

It would be great if they actually did this, but it has been getting suggested in this forum for years so I don't have high hopes that they will do anything about it.

Inventory numbers can be very difficult to read.

Some items are fine, but others I find almost impossible. I can't tell the difference between 7 or 17 Master's Salvage Kits most of the time.

Simply changing the typeface effect from dropshadow to outline would go a long way towards making the numbers legible on all item backgrounds.

https://imgur.com/a/CkBqjFr

Edited by Grunties.6178
  • Like 5

Vendors have a Sell Junk button. Your inventory has a Deposit All Materials button. Salvage kits have Salvage All options. You can list things on the Trading Post anytime, and banks are accessible from the guild hall.

I have no trouble dealing with my loot. Over time, I accumulated enough gold to turn into gems for bag expansions and bank expansions, and I currently have plenty of space for everything. Even running a full Drizzlewood meta, both south and north, will not cause me to become encumbered. And I enjoy the loot because I can use or sell every bit of it.

Also, there are already threads for this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If I hear "More violets, less violence" one more time, I might go mad. You can hear it in her voice just reading it, can't you?

I can't go near the bank in Lion's Arch anymore with the volume on. I really wish we didn't need to hear every NPC interaction that other players have. I'd be fine if these limited phrases were played when just I interacted with the NPC, but to hear it over and over and over and over again while sorting my bank inventory is aggravating. Yes, I turn the volume off if I need to be in an area like this, but I'd like to not have to do that. (This isn't as bad as the unicorn-bow whinny was, since volume is important during combat. Thank you for giving us the option to kill that!)

I'm guessing there are code limitations to fixing this, like turning off sound for other player's NPC interactions might also turn off sound for NPC dialogue if you are in someone else's story instance. Or maybe the timing or chance that a response plays is hardcoded rather than a variable, but I'm guessing the number of random responses and the corresponding audio file locations are stored in a database. If a high-volume NPC like a banker has three possible dialogue responses triggered by an interaction, adding nine possible responses that all point to a silent audio file would drop the play rate of the current responses to a 1/4 of what they are now. We'd still hear them here and there, but the reduced frequency would go a long way towards sanity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 11:40 AM, Grunties.6178 said:

Inventory numbers can be very difficult to read.

Some items are fine, but others I find almost impossible. I can't tell the difference between 7 or 17 Master's Salvage Kits most of the time.

Simply changing the typeface effect from dropshadow to outline would go a long way towards making the numbers legible on all item backgrounds.

https://imgur.com/a/CkBqjFr

I think it would also help to adjust the color of the text. 

• Like 1

Coukld the priory histgorian Elizsa with her springer two... two somethings sell all the bounty hunter recipes at once? Because each day I hold on to hope, that I might buy the boot recipe, but nahh it soething else. Just wanna complete my armor set. I will be playing the game regardless so its not skin off your back or anything Anet. Really youre just making it difficult for the player. Cmon make it happen. Be a bro or sis or dragon or whatever good there is.

LFG Panel need to be restructured and actualized to community needs,like:

Raids:

-Mentoring(looking for more)              //For training runs , any pug groups.

-Raids(Looking for more)                       //For clear runs,only commanders can post groups here.

-Announcements                                     //Selling runs,search for statics,raid guilds,scheduled runs etc.

Dungeons:

-Story mode(looking for more)

-Explorable(looking for more)

9 hours ago, BlueIce.6951 said:

I think it would also help to adjust the color of the text. 

Like with a lot of UI/UX design, that gets tricky in a non-obvious way. For a UI, it's usually best to keep the same color for the same function unless the change in color imparts some additional information, like the name changing color to denote rarity. The brain likes consistency in general, and especially when looking for something quickly. If you mean choosing between light text on a dark item background and dark text on a light item background, that's solved by having a consistent light text with a dark outline* that hits all edges of the text with a sufficient radius, since you get contrast from the light text and dark background when on a dark background (where the outline blends into the background), and from the text and outline when on a light background. Plus you aren't left with a mushy look on a medium background where a light or dark text doesn't create sufficient contrast without an outline.

*You might go with a dark text with a light outline instead, but that will depend on if your overall UI is designed to be "light on dark" or "dark on light". Going with the opposite from the rest of the UI usually denotes some information, like a very important header. It's often improperly used to denote a chosen option when there are only two to choose from, which gives you no good way to tell if it denotes "active" or "inactive". (I've seen it used both ways.) You need at least three possible options to deduce the odd man out. Sorry for the ramble. Proper UX has become a passion of mine. Waaaay too many companies fall flat with this—even ones that have become huge. (I'm glaring at you, Google.) I've actually been rather happy with GW2 and some of the changes ANet has made in response to user feedback, like Other Players' Unique Item Sounds and Disable Player Item Chatter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

So the forum will be spammed by people asking why item xyz isn't droping for them?

Why would that happen?

The suggestions seems to be that players should have their own personal garbage item list and they have to manually put the items they don't want to have on their own list.

It'd be unnecessary to go to the forums and ask why the item, that they manually put on their list, doesn't appear in their inventory anymore.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HumanComplex.1648 said:

would be really great to have an auto trash filter. r-click item->add to auto trash filter list. even with all the existing inventory management trash is still an issue. the boxes within boxes nonsense should go away as well. flatten all loot hierarchies as much as possible.

Haha! It seems you don't understand RPG games - they're designed to make inventory management awkward so that people buy more bags. That's why there are so many varieties of grey trash, so many bags containing bags, containing bags recurring. The whole point is to make you spend half of your time playing with the inventory - it supposedly feels good to get things and open things and be "delighted and surprised" by the occasional decent thing. The developers aren't stupid, this is a carefully cultivated part of your experience.

The developers are perfectly capable of filtering all your loot into auto-"deposited" and insta-sold grey items, consolidated into single items of specific values or whatever. But then you wouldn't have that bag opening experience (remember, there are influencers who make a living from reacting to the opening of virtual containers), you wouldn't feel good when you find something decent.

I agree that it's horribly inconvenient and that's part of the incentive to buy more bag slots off the gem shoppe. 

• Confused 1

Probably something again that has already been mentioned:

The mount race pop-up dialogue that you have to manually close should you cross into the starting area accidentally. It should close automatically as soon as you exit the area. I am most annoyed with the one in Amnoon where it is right at the gate nearest to the WP. The reason being that I almost exclusively play with action camera on and the dialogue disrupts control over the mount.

A very minor thing but I read worse in this thread.

• Like 4

I'd like a feature for us Guild Hall Decorators.

Once we have a nice set of decorations planted having a save feature so we can save that arrangement to reload later.  My guild has seasonal decorations and sometimes we have particularly nice arrangements.  I'd love to be able to save our Halloween decorations for instance and simply reload them next year.

It could be an upgrade item for the guild hall.

And I'd like to have several slots with the ability to add a name.  It would be nice to be able to share the arrangement with others too.  You like how our guild hall is decorated?  Click a link we send you and you too have have the identical arrangement!  If you have missing items, they will show up in red in the list preview so you know what you need to craft.

• Like 1