[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

It be cool to globally search across chars and bank for a regex instead of logging in to each character and tacking it down.

example: 
`/search axe` to print out characters and bank containing axes.

it should search title and description of item. search term can be comma separated list of filters
`/search axe, ascended, power` would find ascended axes with a power attribute

regex would def be overkill but supporting a comma separated list of simple words or phrases, ignoring case, would be an mvp imo.

Edited by HumanComplex.1648
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, HumanComplex.1648 said:

it seems to only search the title of the item. searching axe won't pull up all your axes.

After writing in "axe", it found anything containing "axe" in the name as well as "Tooth of frostfang", so... False 😛 

Duh, it even found Ambrite Fossilized Butterfly, which is used to craft an axe -probably because it has word "axe" mentioned in the item description (but not the name). Actually, maybe it only found the Tooth of frostfang due to "used to craft legendary axe" description too.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

yea idk then, for me the only way to get ascended axes is "reaver".

actually nvm, pvp ascended axes have axe in the name so i get those under "axe"

in any case, having it in game would be nice. having the gw2efficiency ppl modify the search to allow it to search item descriptions would make it more useful. so you could do stuff like "axe, power" do find all your power axes.

Edited by HumanComplex.1648
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, HumanComplex.1648 said:

yea idk then, for me the only way to get ascended axes is "reaver"

I've added an edit to the previous post -it might be just searching for item names and descriptions,  but not the weapon type. For example typing in "bricks" will show you "piles of bloodstone dust", because the descriptions contains "refine into bloodstone bricks".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, HumanComplex.1648 said:

it seems to only search the title of the item. searching axe won't pull up all your axes.

you can sort by item.

Set up your API Key with GW2 Efficiency
Once that's done, Go to the account tab
Below the big text "Account Overview" and the searchbox, t here's the following boxes: Rarity, Binding, Type, Equipment, Item Upgrades, Order, Grouping, Min. value, Show Account.
Rarity is anything from basic to legendary
Binding is any to soulbound
Type is what item type it is (Armor, weapons, etc)
Equipment & item upgrades is either yes include, or no exclude

We'll be focusing on the Type dropdown menu. 

When you select Weapons in the Type menu, you get a Sub-Type option to its right where you can select the weapon type.

There you go, all your axes on your account as of 5 minutes ago (Or however often GW2efficiency pulls things from the API)

• Confused 1

I really wish we could name some Mini-Pets. Just lost a pet cat named Nibbler tonight and the Mini Jaguar Cub looks a lot like him. He loved watching my partner and I play and loved the sound track. We used it to comfort him when he was in the hospital a couple of times.

Edited by Tekoneiric.6817
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

It would be really cool if there was an option to buy Mystic Clovers using Raid Currency, similar to how Fractal Relics can be used to buy them from BUY-4373 at the moment! (Magnetite Shards or Gaeting Crystals + a mystic coin + 3 ectos + 2 spirit shards for 1 clover, up to a max of 2 a day)

When strike mission currency gets standardized, it would be nice to have that as an option too, even if there was a limit of 2 per day, per account, so you could only buy two regardless of game mode. I know reward tracks for WvW/PvP are a great way to get guarenteed clovers, but it would be great to have more guarenteed options for non-fractal high end PVE content in the game too 🙂

• Like 1

That would be a nice option. My dog passed away four months ago. I had already named my ranger's Krytan Drakehound after her, but now I run with that pet a lot more often in memorial - though it looks nothing like her.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Tekoneiric.

• Like 2

It has been an extremely long time since I have read or posted in the forums but I am trying to get back into the game and thought of something that would really help me out and I think could be good for other players as well.

I would love to have options on wardrobe, achievements, hero panel, or its own UI that would allow me to add items that I want to try and unlock, collect, or complete and would group those items for the map I am on or point me to another map with a listing of how many items on my list could get knocked out.  This could also be really great for getting me into Fractals and WvW, maybe raids.

It could also link to LFG so other players hunting things on the same map can co-ordinate.

I hope that someone from Anet still reads these forums and that this suggestion would help enough people and be easy enough to implement at some point.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tekoneiric.6817 said:

I really wish we could name some Mini-Pets. Just lost a pet cat named Nibbler tonight and the Mini Jaguar Cub looks a lot like him. He loved watching my partner and I play and loved the sound track. We used it to comfort him when he was in the hospital a couple of times.

My brother plays Ranger as main and has named the Ranger pets after our lost pets.  It isn't as nice as being able to have the mini that looks like them, but it is something.  I hope that they allow this for you.

• Like 1

Hi, I noticed that a lot of the Bow skins are out of place, while carrying it on the back of my characters. The central part of the bow hangs almost down on my butt, which looks out of place. The central part of the bow should be in the middle of the back of my character to make it look more symmetrical. In particular the demon-haunted longbow, which I really want to use cause of the nice glow effects, but while carrying the bow on the back it's really disturbing me and I really can't watch my character carrying this bow like this, it looks just dumb and it makes me sad, cause it shouldn't be that hard to move it a little. And no, I don't like to hide my weapons (Roleplay reasons). 

Please fix the bow positions into the correct place of the back.  I added some screenshots below to show what I mean with the bow on my butt. It should be moved a little towards upper-right side. This problem hasn't changed since the beginning of gw2, which surprises me.

https://paste.pics/08f012ebe28b65b334d6d3c025a3cf07

https://paste.pics/95edf500800a8792caed571869f4e883

Rough suggestions. 

No replies or comments needed.

Bonded skills that increase size, strength etc when used close to others (shield, laser, smoke cover, pull, push etc).  Limited window of initiating, duration, speed boosting, range...  Appliable for small groups and usable for tactical play.  2, 3, 4, 5 or more group set limits.  Skills can bond to each other.

Double, triple and quad stacking abilities that build on each other.  

Visually customizable legendaries - effects, dye channels, auras, effect colors, aura color.

Accessory skill items - ground turret, deployable physical ground cover, manually aimed weapons with specific uses.

Accessory skill items used for specific game modes (pve, pvp, wvw).

More core trait lines.

More core skill groups.

New features contest.  Level 1, 2, 3 rewards.  Voted and selected choices. Many in each level.

Unlimited hairstyle change with weekly, daily and hourly timegates.

Gw3 minigame (something like SAB)

Tanks.

Jumping puzzles the fight back with parts of it that have health bars.

Counter skills that can remove other skills like fields or walls etc.

Floating combo field symbols to help distinguish one from another.

Rework combo field to have a more significant change to skills.  Example: projectiles change graphic and split or combine etc.

Rebuild wvw in a new map.

Rebuild pvp in a new map.

Open world adventure events that aren't about combat.

Skill and trait groups.  One target, multi target,

interactive synergy, movement.

Switchable custom main screen top left icons menu.

In game event timer interface or quick wiki link.

Quick wiki links in game.

Give mounts a break bar.

Give mounts advantages and disadvantages when on different terran.

Fishing tackle box and catch box.

Mechanic that turbo charges certain skills in weapon or utility skill bar.

Heal skill that does lots of damage in exchange for less healing.

Split skill that gives an option to choose between two skills.

Skill that tags one or more enemies and allows a pull or push at a chosen time on enemy if within range and activation time.

Swappable primary, secondary and tertiary user interfaces for main game screen.

Be able to change camera view to things like pet, clones, turrets etc and control their actions and movement manually (cannot control your character as a result).

Fishing mechanic that spawns special temporary mounts that is used in spawned mini games.

Edited by Zahld.4956
Small additions
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3