[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I think you may have confused Guild Wars 'town clothing' with Guild Wars 2 Town Clothing.  It never automatically changed when entering or leaving a city/town. 

I vaguely recall a period of complaints, because the town clothing came with a toy slot that would replace character abilities. This would disable access to swiftness abilities for players in towns. Was this a Beta test specific thing or am I just flat out wrong?

Edit 1: For some reason I remember the seething rage of the forums, because I went to the beta forum to post about how dye seeds should be removed.

Edit 2: Oh! I guess I was flat out wrong. I checked out an old TotalBiscuit GW2 video to make sure. I probably remember people complaining about not being able to use swiftness while in town clothing, just because somebody probably wanted it. I'll do a strikeout on the auto swap bit.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Haha 1

Since research notes are obtained from ascended gear.  It would be nice to obtain a set amount of research notes from ball of dark energy to all those who salvaged ascended gear before research notes where a thing.

It would be one thing if dark energy was useful but all they are used for is one per legendary item.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So at the moment, there's exactly one fully completed themed mount cycle, and even that is the vaguely "stuff is on fire, yo" one. If you exclude the Siege Turtle, there are only three otherwise complete cycles: Exalted, Starry and Branded (EDIT: actually, also Ice, so four). Why?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_mount_theme_skins

How do you folks not realize how much MMO players (and people at large with latent OCD) like to have EVERY SINGLE MOUNT they own match? I'm sure you have your spreadsheets telling you that, I dunno, the Lithosol or Geode style mounts don't get picked as much as the other ones, but that could be precisely BECAUSE the themed cycle is far from complete and players fear that it might never be!

I'm not even going to go into the fact that it'd be much more convenient for players if those themed skins were all in the same pack. Have it your way, spread them around the packs if you want to. But please consider finishing those cycles, you might see people picking them up more often when the cycles are complete.

Edited by Ariurotl.3718
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ariurotl.3718 said:

How do you folks not realize how much MMO players (and people at large with latent OCD) like to have EVERY SINGLE MOUNT they own match? I'm sure you have your spreadsheets telling you that,

Of course they realize it.
This is why it took almost three years for the existing finished sets to be completed as they were spread out as well.

Fomo is a thing.

this sub is from 2017 and has 230 pages. do the devs even read this?

Well here is my 2 cents

I'd like to see a Tackle Box added for fishing. Something that can be used in the shared inventory slots.

It could hold Bait, Lures, Fishing food(maybe mats for fishing food - so just food i guess?), fishing clothes? ( i 'm not sure if anyone has specific fishing attire but hey its just a thought or any future fishing stuff.

Maybe add it to gem store or make a future achievement out of it.

Craftable tackle boxes could also be a thing to increase inventory but i guess buying multiple tboxes in gemstore is how you'd do it.

It would be nice to not have to lug around bait on multiple toons if the urge to go fishing happens and instead just open your tackle box. Seems to be a fluid thing like real life.

Edited by Kelly.7019

2 hours ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Of course they realize it.
This is why it took almost three years for the existing finished sets to be completed as they were spread out as well.

Fomo is a thing.

I don't see how FOMO comes into this considering that the mount skin packs don't really go anywhere, they are rotated. If, say, the next pack includes a Lithosol skin, that still won't complete the cycle so people might hold off. It's really not a FOMO thing, it's a case of not appreciating the matchy-matchy mentality enough. Literally missing out on sales.

Also WOW, this got merged into the wrong thread. It's nothing to do with QoL and everything to do with Gemstore wishes.

Stop the camera changing zoom

This is after doing my first raid and I zoom out to see the arena then something happens and I am zoomed in and miss mechanics. Frustrating!

Just let me set it at a distance, if it must be zoomed in for some obstruction then zoom out to the same distance after the obstruction goes.

Really off putting!

Today at 23:09

Players have accidentally deleted the Enhanced Mighty equipments within the collection without knowing that they are parts of an achievement. It's a pain to grind another set due to the extremely low drop rate after the first drop of each piece.

• Haha 1

Can it be made so that when hovering above class icons, it shows what class/elite specialization someone is in text? I'm quite new to pvp and with so many elite specializations, I just don't know what icon belongs to which. Basically, it's hard to know what elite spec I'm fighting against.

Edited by P P Feo.9204
  • Sad 1

Mystic Coins are in the wrong storage compartment, imo.

I can never find them.

They should be in the Gemstones and Jewels section, side by side with Doublons. 

Also Vial of Lineseed Oil should be right next to Flax Seeds and both in the same section.

● Please increase the amount and rate drop od Globs of Dark Matter.

Why is this item so scarce?

It has no market value. It can't be sold/bought/traded.

It is costly enough to buy ascended materials without having to spend another 5-10 Gold+ in order to salvage it from gear.

● Please increase the stacks amout in storage to atleast double, from 250 to 500; but I would really make it 999 at this point; just like every single other RPG out there.

Uniqueness is not defined by the stack number in storage.

It is just an inconvenience having to select the specific crafter to refine materials to make space for new drops every so often... or having to constantly sell cheap low end materials (Not worth the time investment); for peanuts because their drop rate is ridiculous. 

For instance Tiny fangs or bone chips.

● When crafting, all the recipes in the production tab should be closed instead of all expanded.

It is very frustrating scrolling down hundreds of recipes to reach the one you want; or having to close all sections.

When you exit production tab to use material storage, etc, it should memorise and stay as you left it, until you exit completely; then reset to close all crafting sections.

For instance, if you have only the dagger section expanded, then you comeback to see just the dagger one expanded.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Mystic Coins are in the wrong storage compartment, imo.

I can never find them.

They should be in the Gemstones and Jewels section, side by side with Doublons. 

Also Vial of Lineseed Oil should be right next to Flax Seeds and both in the same section.

● Please increase the amount and rate drop od Globs of Dark Matter.

Why is this item so scarce?

It has no market value. It can't be sold/bought/traded.

It is costly enough to buy ascended materials without having to spend another 5-10 Gold+ in order to salvage it from gear.

● Please increase the stacks amout in storage to atleast double, from 250 to 500; but I would really make it 999 at this point; just like every single other RPG out there.

Uniqueness is not defined by the stack number in storage.

It is just an inconvenience having to select the specific crafter to refine materials to make space for new drops every so often... or having to constantly sell cheap low end materials (Not worth the time investment); for peanuts because their drop rate is ridiculous. 

For instance Tiny fangs or bone chips.

● When crafting, all the recipes in the production tab should be closed instead of all expanded.

It is very frustrating scrolling down hundreds of recipes to reach the one you want; or having to close all sections.

When you exit production tab to use material storage, etc, it should memorise and stay as you left it, until you exit completely; then reset to close all crafting sections.

For instance, if you have only the dagger section expanded, then you comeback to see just the dagger one expanded.

Thanks for reading.

Material Storage limit is 2500 units; a bit more than 999. 

No need to scroll for recipe; use the 'Search' feature.

Pretty sure the Dev (Linsey) in charge of Material Storage said it is difficult to move materials around, but I'm not 100% sure.  (If interested, you could look it up in the archived forum.)

• Confused 1

Since GW2 has no suggestions section I felt this is the most appropriate section to post this topic in as it is something that is happening in the game that is not meant to happen.

I don't know when it was allowed and/or when it was removed from being allowed but at some point Guild Wars 2 allowed multiple (realistically A LOT) of recipes to be placed on the trading post that as of today are Account Bound on Acquire.  I've found that most of them are Chef recipes like Recipe Desert: Pile of Jacarandere & Recipe: Bowl of "Elon Red" & Recipe: Bowl of Lentil Soup.  There are thousands of each of them currently on the Trading Post.  You can click on one which brings up the window of how many you want to buy along with what price it will be for each of them.  The thing is, it never allows you to actually BUY it because the window has this infinite "working" or "processing" circle that computers get when the computer is lagging to do something.  Needless to say, this makes searching for recipes you want to buy very difficult as the Chef recipe page is probably 90% Account Bound on Acquire recipes that the game will not allow you to purchase from the Trading Post.

Either allow players to purchase these Account Bound on Acquire recipes that are currently on there while NOT allowing other recipes to be added, completely remove ALL of them Account Bound on Acquire recipes from the Trading Post since nobody can even buy them, or remove the Account Bound on Acquire flag on the recipes which would allow players to buy them from the Trading Post.  I have gripes about things on the Trading Post but this is probably the one that is the most annoying of them.

Edited by gaymer.1648
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Material Storage limit is 2500 units; a

What?

Material storage limit is 250 stack on any material.

What game are you playing?

bit more than 999. 

Where did you get 2,500 from?

No need to scroll for recipe; use the 'Search' feature.

I don't think you craft, do you?

Using search takes just about the same time it does to scroll... when you know where the recipe is.

I'm requesting it more of convenience and neatness.

Pretty sure the Dev (Linsey) in charge of Material Storage said it is difficult to move materials around, but I'm not 100% sure.  (If interested, you could look it up in the archived forum.)

They add new materials all the time.

How hard can it be? 

If you're not sure, then why mention it?

Is Linsey the designer, coder, or the actual manager?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Add a way to recover unique items like Ley-Energy Matter Converter and Karmic Converter directly ingame since GMs won't help after a point.

Add a warning that birthday gifts are linked to a character and not the account, I came back to the game after several years and wanted to start over and deleted my old character that I created on release.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

It is literally how FOMO marketing works.

No it's not, as there is no fear and there is nothing to miss out on. It's actively making people HOLD OFF from buying skins which is THE OPPOSITE OF FOMO.

Edited by Ariurotl.3718
  • Sad 1

There is a skin that shows for all characters when your CPU is overly taxed or you run with reduced quality graphics. I have a fairly quick Ryzen 7 w/RTX gfx and still see that default skin sometimes when I pop into a new map. I was thinking what might be faster rendering wise, is to show other characters as ghost like abstracts. Something like a more refined Casper type ghost (w/legs) or like the souls in the Pixar movie Soul. Render a ghost like version of the character's race and gender shape. I think it would be more appealing visually on a slower system and people might be more likely to reduce the graphics to the lowest setting.

• Sad 1

Hello 😀

foreword

I'm not a native englisch-speaker.

Thank you for forgive my grammatic mistakes.

Earlier in my life i played often several hours per day.

Now i have only 1-2 hours per week for this wonderful game.

This week i spend this time for this post.

I hope it will be heard, even if it is a niche topic.

I love my characters.

I selected them and their whole background story with a specific idea in my mind.

But the story changed over the years many perspectives i had for these designs.

One example:

It is really important for me, that my class is unique to the story-NPC-Group (at least in the dragonwatch).

Because of this, i never played the revenant (Rytlock) or the Necromancer (first Trahearne, later Marjory).

To design a character fitting my design philosphy, i had to play the whole story (with all living stories) several times to create the perfect characters.

I'm highly invested in them and so I'm carefully, what i decide for them.

But I want to change the class of my oldest charakter, due to the resent story changes.

suggestion

I suggest to give us the possibility, to change the class of a character in the same armor class.

For example a Mesmer could be changed into a Elementalist or Necromancer.

Because this product would not be often bought by players, but means a lot of work, i suggest further to give this option a high gem-store-price.

As example i would set 1.600 Gems as bottom possibility (more, not less).

problems of the suggestions

I know the biggest problem with this suggestion is, that you have selected a class specific starting main story part.

For this, i would recommend one of the following options:

1. When you change class, the background story is not changed. There is only a new sentence with somethin like: When I began my journey, i started as a Necromancer blablabla
  2. Give us the possibility to reselect the background story for the class without any consequences.
  3. Just ignore the class change and don't address it in the background story.

I know the biggest fear is, that a new player do class change and then is angry, because he did not knew, that he can't use his armor, weapons, etc.

For this, i suggest one of these options:

1. Lock the tool behind a experience wall. For example something like: The character have to be at Lvl 80 and must have at least 100 mastery points.
  2. Give the possibility for a 24h back-change without refund (you earned the money for the experience you sold the player).

main reasons for suggestion

I want to say, that the possibility to change character's class is more important for people with less time to spent for this game.

As one of this people i have no problem with some kind of a paywall. I would gladly spent even 50,00 € ( i am from europe), if on the other hand i can play with my favorite character longer and keep it in my design philosophy. I dont have the time, to make a new charakter and play the whole story, only to have the exact same character, but with another class on the same point, where i am now with my oldest charakter. I just would stop playing with it. This means a reduction of my playtime in-game, because i have less characters to go through new stories.

epilog

For now i want to thank the game creators and the community for the wonderful experience i made until today in this game.

I hope for constructive answers / different points of views.

Edited by Nuruainu.1093
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1