[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

( i tried to solve some things this time)

How about we take the bug that happened in the Black Citadel (one side collapsed) and create 4 rooms +corridors  , with a team in each room killing a boss ,  trying to race the rest for the 1st place  ?

Each area can consist of 5x PvE  people , or  15x GvG players duking it out with other opponents and then  face an NPC as a relaxation mechanic .

The camera will rotate to showcase each team in each room for 10 sec each . And in the end the 5th camera (pans out) will be used to show the whole stracture with all the  teams .

https://ibb.co/gd9h4V3

People in Twitch can vote with the for which room to attack with :

!7 => top right room

+7   =>  top left room

Special key : !0   +0   -0  does aoe  around the boss (in case people take advantage of the delay and run around) (chance the aoe's shape will be  a 1/4 of the circle will be extended  for 240yards , while the 3/4 will be 80 yards . Any more Special keys (!0) from Twitch  afterwards will copy the previous animation/pattern for 6 sec , if they are not ahead  )

Every in-game participant  have 5x invisible IU  stacks , where the 5th bombs that lands on them does 10k damage and then stack goes for 10 sec cd .Essentially when are hit you become a "flux bomb" to hit your team8s .

Any aoes before or after the 5th stack does 0.1 damage ( so we don't care if there are 10 people or 1000 people on Twicth using the attacks) .

Who ever team is "winnng" (their boss HP is 8% is less than the last team's boss) , then their hidden UI stacks are enabled , or even reduced (take 6k every 2rd attack , 6sec cd) the further ahead they are .

Each HP% of the boss translate into 'score' so it's easier for the viewer to see . And there are "power-ups" (Mario Cart (Blue Shell))  , where allows you to trick the system and viewer , like "freezing the HP of the boss (Shroud) for the viewer , or replacing the "score" with another team (attracting the viewer attention) , not getting affected  by the UI stacks/bombs  for 1 min when you activate the buff ....... and in the end the ultimate  "Blue Shell" where 'stealthy' diactivates some mechanics of the boss from the 3rd phase (low HP).

The power apps are "rolled" by doing secondary mechanics  -some can be skipped -other are crusial for survival

Rewards :

Normally in Twitch watchtime , the more you watch the more the time is filled . So longer the match goes the merrier to unlock the reward.

But we can avoid paying money in Twitch and use each time "authorized" Sstreamers , where they have been instructed to show the location of an npc in open world that offer "blue shards (same as Twitch watch time) if the match last for 15 min and another npc if the match lat for 30 min .The npc will be there for 30 min afterwards . Or a code

Edited by Noir.8561
  • Confused 2

No, I have not checked if this has been discussed before, but:

Wouldn't it be an idea to categorize Strike Mission achievements in the Strike Mission section of the achievements tab? Now it only holds the End of Dragons achievements, but there are plenty ones in IBS aswell, and still more to come as I imagine.

I don't play strikes as it's near impossible for me to learn them, considering I can't always commit to playing long times. So I'm unable to complete certain categories because of the Stirike achievements. Which is annoying to say the least.

Any thoughts on this as a QoL upgrade?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Mindbender.9632 said:

No, I have not checked if this has been discussed before, but:

Wouldn't it be an idea to categorize Strike Mission achievements in the Strike Mission section of the achievements tab? Now it only holds the End of Dragons achievements, but there are plenty ones in IBS aswell, and still more to come as I imagine.

I don't play strikes as it's near impossible for me to learn them, considering I can't always commit to playing long times. So I'm unable to complete certain categories because of the Stirike achievements. Which is annoying to say the least.

Any thoughts on this as a QoL upgrade?

Subcategories within the strike missions achievements category does sound like a good QoL idea.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Please make Scribe easier to level up.

Either by adding more recipes and other items we can craft.

I find it extremely expensive to level scribe, as after level 50 ish, everything costs over 1 G each item, which only gives little xp.

Adding the costs for materials needed for guild upgrades, and personal characters development, it's really really hard to level up scribe.

I want to start making items for WvW, but most my guildies are mainly into PVE only or fractals.

They don't like WvW, so even with a almost full guild, I find myself on my own when it comes to WvW.

I can't... and even wouldn’t even try force my members to donate mats for WvW, when they're not interested. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

how about a checkbox in options to automatically deny aftercast/skill cancelations if stealth applied to you.

If im off onto a non thief class and i get stealthed, the option to screw up my rotation should be on me not a buff like stealth.

Thisll prevent rotation interuptions and allow more yse if aoe stealth to buff allies without any dps downtime

• Confused 1

Some QoL for fishing:

Skiffs should have a storage compartment for bait, lures and fish. 

Stacks should stay when map shard closes. Sometimes you get on the map and your half to to building your stacks and then map closing prompt pops up. 

Mobs should not attack skiffs. Thats just annoying and troll.

There needs to be a pity system. Going one hour of fishing should never yield 0 legendary fish.

Not as important QoL(imo):

When you catch a fish the fish itself should look different based on the quality. Maybe have a glow colored based on the quality.

There needs to be more consistence when catching fight. Some times a legendary fish is easier to hook in than trash. It would be nice to be able to tell what fish is being pulled in based on the difficulty of the mini game. 

Would be nice is the anchor could be used while still moving. Maybe make it so that if you use it while moving your skiff takes some dmg. 

I'm sure theres more but I can't really think of them off the top of my head atm. I probably should have wrote a listen before posting here. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

This is a suggestion to add a hold key bind for "walking".

This could be used to setup low, medium and high pressure zones on joysticks that are set to map onto the specified walk key bind (hold).

Currently, mapping a single stroke of the walking key will make it desynchronize with the walk mode very quickly (meaning you suddenly start walking when giving the highest pressure on the joystick)

With a "Walking (Hold)" keybinding we could have the Low Pressure Zone of a stick to press and hold the key and when transitioning to a higher pressure zone it would release said key without ever getting out of think with the walk mode of the game.

This would make it more immersive when using controller with the Action Camera.

Edited by Nekres.1943
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The Elite enemies by hero points in EoD maps respawn way, way too fast. They respawn in about 30 seconds. That's enough time to commune with the hero point, but sometimes something distracts me or I have to go move a cat so they don't puke on the carpet and then the bugger has respawned again. It's a small thing but I think the respawn timer should be longer on these guys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

EDIT: This post was moved from a topic titled "Back items and weapons should be visible during emotes":

Since the update to DX11, I think it's time we look into allowing these items to be visible at all times.

However, I know this might be an issue for some of the weapon placements, as greatsword doesn't look great when displayed on the back in certain positions. Just a suggestion, though!

Edited by Kalthea.4326
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

- An option to disable the visual effects of other players' gathering tools.

- An option to disable the visual effects of other players' skills and abilities.

- An option to reduce and completely disable particle effects.

- An option to mute other players' minis (screw you, Funkopop Aurene! And you, Watchwork abominations! And you, Ho-Ho-Tron! And you, Mad King head! And you, Basenji! And you, Professor Meow and friends! And you, Ellen Kiel!)

- An option to hide other players' minis.

- Colorblind options.

- More bank tabs. 20 would make for a good start, 25 would actually be useful.

- More character slots. 90 would at least allow us to play every possible combination of race, gender and profession, 100 would make some people (those with money) very happy. And no, I won't invest in more accounts any longer. I didn't invest ten years into my main account just to start over collecting and unlocking things.

- More shared inventory slots. 32 at least, so I'll no longer have to look at three and a half row. The more you'd allow me to have, the more I'd buy, same applies to bank tabs and character slots.

- More guild slots. Ten would be awesome.

- More dye favorites. At least ten to fill the entire first row, 20 would be even better.

- Background music should stop the moment I leave a zone, not continue playing for as long as the track goes no matter where I go (imagine hearing Shiverpeaks background music for several minutes while being... virtually anywhere else in the world really).

- Weapons, back items and infusions shouldn't render on default character models. Those things are the reason why I disable rendering on other players' character models in the first place and not their armor.

- Make the functions that are tied to the left Shift-, Control- and Alt keys rebindable.

EDIT: - An option to lock characters in place on the character selection, so that people who log on with dozens of characters a day won't have to stay logged in for over a minute each time just to make sure that their characters remain in the desired order. This is especially important to me and any ArenaNet employee with access to my account API will very quickly see why.

Edited by Calais.6348
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

There are points in this game that make it almost unplayable with how lazy the mount bindings are. A good example is Forging Steel, where anyone who has custom keybindings for their mounts literally CANNOT use the tank. This is a major problem for warclaws in WvW as well. Please. Just add actual keybindings for mounts so I can play the game without having to screw up my settings everytime I need to do certain content.

The devs have been doing a really awesome job fixing things in the game, but this remains a thorn that needs to be pulled out.

Edit for people who dont understand the issue:

Mounts only have 2 key bindings. Mounts that have more than 2 skills default to your weapon skills. This means you cannot use your 2 mount keybindings in any place that conflicts with the 3 mount skills that you CANT keybind.

Mount skill 1 is unbindable and by default set to your basic attack skill. Mount skills 2-3 can be bound but they cannot be bound to certain keys that mounts with 5 skills will be defaulting to. Whats worse is that these positions are different on certain mounts.

Edited by Harrada.8041
  • Confused 6

I'm a little puzzled.  I have custom keybound my mounts and the tank works just fine for me in all respects.  I can board, dismount, and fire off all the skills.

It is true that I keep F as my interact key and X as my default mount key.  Perhaps if I had changed those I would know what you are talking about.

• Like 4

I wish there were more settings in general. I want my mini-map larger and chat box larger with bigger text while everything else is small. Setting UI on small restricts how much you can stretch windows and makes the text smaller than large version. Making UI even smaller would be great but till those are addressed you'll barely be able to see your mini-map or chat.

I'd also like toggles for each UI element on right~ I want to follow achievements but I don't want them on my screen and the only option to hide it hides event info too. Can't hide story on it's own either. (though part of why I wanna hide it is cuz my mouse sometimes hovers over the text on the right by accident and I cast a ground target skill on myself, and it never stays collapsed. Other reason is ofc... I don't need it there.)

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You can set them to specific keys, my mounts are all on F1-F8. Warclaw doesn't need a binding cuz the mount up defaults to it inside WvW.

BlishHUD gives you a mount wheel which I'm surprised Anet hasn't just adopted that straight from the hud developer. I am fine with just the F hotkeys though.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

I'm a little puzzled.  I have custom keybound my mounts and the tank works just fine for me in all respects.  I can board, dismount, and fire off all the skills.

It is true that I keep F as my interact key and X as my default mount key.  Perhaps if I had changed those I would know what you are talking about.

If you don't have unqiue mouse keybindings, then its not a problem. For example, I have all my weapon skills bound to my mouse, and in order to free up keyboard real-estate, I have them all bound to NUM 1-3 and the forth and fifth weapon keys are bound to Ctrl+num1-2.

However because mounts only have 2 key bindings, mounts that have 5 skills default to, and conflict with your weaponskill bindings. This effectively renders them unusable unless you bind your weapon skills around your mount skills, or bind your two mount bindings to 2 additional keys.

Its just very janky and problematic, when simply having 5 mount bindings would solve it across all game modes and story instances.

Edited by Harrada.8041
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

You can set them to specific keys, my mounts are all on F1-F8. Warclaw doesn't need a binding cuz the mount up defaults to it inside WvW.

BlishHUD gives you a mount wheel which I'm surprised Anet hasn't just adopted that straight from the hud developer. I am fine with just the F hotkeys though.

You are confusing mount/dismount keybindings with mount SKILL keybindings. I am talking about skill keybindings, such as warclaw spear, sniff, ect. These cannot be bound. Only 2 of the 5 skills can be. The rest are completely locked to your weapon skill bindings.

• Confused 1

Can the Black Lion Merchants (both single use and permanent, maybe even all general merchants) be updated to include the research kits? It's a small change but it would make things easier instead of having to go to Master crafters or EoD maps. There seems to be a lot of inconsistencies about which merchants have or dont have the research kits. 

Some examples:

Master chef's dont seem to have the research kits where ever other master craftsman do

BY-TK10 merchant in mistlock sanctuary doesnt have research kits 

Edited by jaymin.1785

So I've been coming up with an idea to keep the developers more on track for certain aspects of their game.

The idea I've come up with is actually quite simple: Categorization.

What I mean by this, is every utility in the game and every trait should be categorized into different sections depending on the devs' intended purposes for said skill/trait.

Categories such as DPS, Utility, Control, Defense, Support, etc (can be shorted or lengthened depending on the intentions of the directions for skills/traits).

This would not only help the player determine what traits and utilities they should take for their builds, but also help devs keep on track with the original design philosphy for the traits and skills in the game and keep them on that intended path.

We've seen so many times over the years the design philosophy drastically change for some things, Scrapper being one of the most noteworthy. It went from being a bruiser style elite spec to then being a tank and to now being a support. This causes mass confusion for players, even more so when your "intention" for the spec or utility/traitline/etc is one thing, but then do other things that totally go against its original design philosophy (defensive utilities doing offensive things, jack of all trade utilities doing everything disproportionately at higher than intended levels, etc).

Something to think about, Anet folks.

EDIT: Sorry, back from a restroom break.

To add onto this, after this is implemented, please then re-examine the traits/skills and stop overloading/bloating them. This issue is what kills and overpowers skills and traits.

If you're going to support a duality style in trait lines, do those to smaller degrees. Let this also reflect in the trait choices. For example, a trait line that's dedicated to doing sustained DPS as well as control, trait choices should focus on one, or the other, and should rival each other choice (example if i want to take a trait that does control, don't add damage to it, vice versa for damage and control). IF, however, you want to put in a trait that does focuses on both damage AND control, they MUST MUST MUST do those things to lesser degrees, otherwise you'll cause that specific trait choice to be THE go to and will invalidate the other trait choices. it's as simple as being smart about the approach and making sure that benefits are not too high for each trait choice, and not too high for duality style trait choices, but when focused on in the trait line will have a great impact on your playstyle as a whole (and also determines your role).

Edited by Ghos.1326
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

• Ghos.1326 changed the title to [Suggestions] An Idea

Add keybind to hold to override snap ground target to current target option. 

Option to not use snap ground target to cirrent target while using stationary snipers, turrets, cannons, etc. 

In general this option is extremely good, but for those moments when you want to aim in front of the target  it becomes almost impossible to do that.  

Edited by KrivukasLT.3507