[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Hi folks,

I have seen a lot of topics asking to be able to customize our home instances and I couldn't agree more.

One thing that wasn't suggested yet (at least to my knowledge) is the ability to "invite" your own alternative characters into it.

I am aware that all my characters are "the commander" in their own story, but in my head canon they all exist in the same place and know each other.

So I thought it would be cool to be able to meet my others characters in my home instance and maybe interact with the in way.

Maybe in a future expansion it would even be possible to recruit them as an NPC fighting by your side.

This thought comes to my mind every now and then, so today I felt like putting it out into the universe.

Merry Wintersday!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/24/2022 at 2:27 PM, Mr Frost.2438 said:

Hi folks,

I have seen a lot of topics asking to be able to customize our home instances and I couldn't agree more.

One thing that wasn't suggested yet (at least to my knowledge) is the ability to "invite" your own alternative characters into it.

I am aware that all my characters are "the commander" in their own story, but in my head canon they all exist in the same place and know each other.

So I thought it would be cool to be able to meet my others characters in my home instance and maybe interact with the in way.

Maybe in a future expansion it would even be possible to recruit them as an NPC fighting by your side.

This thought comes to my mind every now and then, so today I felt like putting it out into the universe.

Merry Wintersday!

Pretty sure the lore argument against the idea can be safely discarded, as that has never been a concern at any point to anything, from what is seen in the game all the way since launch.

Thumbs up for the idea, though.
Thrice so if I could take the characters into the field with me and finally be able to see the encounters.

If there's one thing I always liked about Vindictus, besides the combat and the music, it's certainly the character selection screen - the appreciation of which might've started all the way back in Lineage 2, come to think of it; the round hall with the characters taking a couple of steps forward when selected - where all of your characters would occupy a tavern or sit around a fire in their camp like an actual group of mercenaries walking roughly the same path at that point in time.
Guess I'd like the more organic selection screen to a greater extent than the home instance variant, since I'm very rarely there beyond daily gathering which tends to be preferred done quickly and painlessly, but even then it'd most certainly improve the overall appeal of the places.

With some cap to the numbers, I guess.
Don't wanna discourage people from getting more slots just because ~70 bonus NPCs (in all those three cases) so tightly packed together would make them get blinded by their own fashion choices.

...or maybe we could replicate them like six, seven times.

19 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

10% vs 5%

uhm all of them are Food buffs not Utility most ascended foods have karma buffs and are sharable/cheap. Utilities with karma buffs are only Peppermint Oil,  Tin of Fruitcake, Tuning Icicle all of them went up by 500% in price
Also Orphan's wrapped gifts went up by minimaly 504 karma, but they don't give more individually so it is a very big Karma nerf

Edited by Saniyah.1984

If you don't mind at all, I'll hijack your post to make a request.

Actually no, I'll start my own QoL post on food and magic find.

Please make ascended foods easier to craft, or give it substantially bigger boosts, on the percentage aswell as effect time.

1 hour boost for something that takes over 24 hours to craft is... with all due respect, mediocre.

You have to make the compost which costs a lot of gold to buy foods that we can salvage exotic food extract from.

Then you have to craft the compost, and then craft the seeds bag consumables. 

Then you have to wait a whole day for it to grow.

Then you have to finally craft/cook it with other expensive crafting materials. 

Why not save all the hassle and just buy a stack of the cheapest food that offers 30% more magic find?

Which leads me to my next point.

Magic find in this game doesn’t really work.

I have been playing for many, many years, and the most expensive item I got from a random drop was a 200 gold infusion, which I sold right away... a long time ago.

Maybe 4 years ago.

There are people who are fairly newer players with much less magic find, amongst other factors, and already got several precursor weapons from drops in low level areas.

On twitter, one player that had less than a year old account got 6 precursors.

A player that was a week old, got one precursor from a low level area.

I've been playing, if I'm not mistaken, for about 6 years. I got none. Zero. Nilch. Nada.

Now, this isn't quite fair, and it only shows that's fact that magic find has no effect whatsoever. 

Which comesback all the way to the ascended food.

Why bother making it when magic find doesn't really do anything?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I hope this doesn't discourage ANet to stop the recent trend of giving warhorns unique blowing sounds; I just think that this should be a treatment that is also given to pistols and rifles. A lot of the guns in the game really do not sound like how they look, especially in the case of skins like the Jade Tech Pistol and Rifle. In promotional material like the launch trailer as well as with the NPCs in game that use them, the Jade Tech weapons are shown to have unique sounds when fired. When you actually get your hands on them, though, it's disappointing to learn that they have the same sounds that pretty much every rifle has had since 2012. Some guns, on the other hand, just look like they'd sound different like the Inquest 2.0 rifle and pistol and it's just... underwhelming.

I'm not saying they should go back and retroactively change the sounds of existing guns to make them fit better (though that would be going "above and beyond"), but rather just focus on newer weapons to avoid the mismatch going forward. Plus, it would boost the immersion and roleplaying factor as well.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Saniyah.1984 said:

uhm all of them are Food buffs not Utility most ascended foods have karma buffs and are sharable/cheap. Utilities with karma buffs are only Peppermint Oil,  Tin of Fruitcake, Tuning Icicle all of them went up by 500% in price
Also Orphan's wrapped gifts went up by minimaly 504 karma, but they don't give more individually so it is a very big Karma nerf

Congratulations on forgetting what you wrote just 22 hours ago?

22 hours ago, Saniyah.1984 said:

The wintersday food/Utlity went up soo much!

As for the utilities you are wrong in both directions.

Peppermint Oil has gone up 784%, 5s18c

Fruitcake 65%, 3s91c

Icicle 116%, 7s

but percentages are also misleading. Highest percentage increase isn't necessarily largest increase.

Fruitcake and Icicles are also both cheaper to craft than to buy now so there is an option to reduce those cost.

As for ascended food being cheap.

Coffee is only 90c. Cheapest ascended food is 24s if you have EoD, 27s if you don't. Adjusted for duration that is 12s and 13.5s. That is overpaying by 11s10c and 12s60.

Overpaying by 11s+ is considered cheap but simply paying 6s/10s/13s for utilities is too much? If you are going to complain then at least be consistent about it.

2 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

You have to make the compost which costs a lot of gold to buy foods that we can salvage exotic food extract from.

Coincidentally coffee is also good for this.

Magic find in this game doesn’t really work.

I have been playing for many, many years, and the most expensive item I got from a random drop was a 200 gold infusion, which I sold right away... a long time ago.

Magic Find only works on loot dropped by mobs but back when they made the Magic Find changes they also started to move a lot more and now the majority of loot into chests and containers which are not affected by magic find. Not surprising that MF does mostly nothing.

Why bother making it when magic find doesn't really do anything?

For their actual effect? Ascended food has an additional effect in addition to the +100/+70 to stats. Also for WvW due to the +10% WXP

May be the nth person mentioning this, but still:

Ambient creatures should not, under any circumstance, hold aggro. (Possibly some of the objects, too?) The number of times I stay in combat when my actual target is already dead is annoyingly high. A lot of the times I can't even see the little buggers, making me believe that it's the dead npc that's somehow holding me in combat state.

• Thanks 2

Now that we have an option to randomize a new character, could we please also get a random option for dyes on armor, mount skins, etc?

Figuring out a new color scheme can be a pain and I'd love to just equip a skin and be able to randomize until I've got a decent base to build on.  🧡

There are still bugs/annomalies with treasure hunter protocol.

It detects chests that are way out of reach way above the sky, out of playable area; or don't exist in phisical form.

I tried once to reach way high there with skyscale just for curiosity sake, but could not reach that high.

I don't know what's up there, but never seen any chest.

Another time I did manage to reach the exact location, but there was nothing there or was invisible.

Maybe the maps need to be checked for annomalies. 

These were probably misplaced when making the maps and were never removed.

Another annomalies are the "use" function with action key.

There are a few spread around tyria,  but a really obvious one is in the centaur dumping grounds cave right above where you do the "Alastia spirit" mission story step with the durmand priory.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SpeeDerRSs.2946 said:

Hello, I would like to ask about Infinite Tools, would it be possible to add a feature like the legendary weapons to the game? That infinite tools would be saved to an account? It would prevent people from accidentally deleting their character and items.

Anet won't make money if they do that, plus if you delete a character you can ask support to get the items back for you. They won't recover the character but at least you can get the items back

This would be useful, but if you're deleting a character I think it's a good idea to remove EVERYTHING they have equipped and then sort through it one item at a time until their inventory is clear, because there's all kinds of things you might want to save and it wouldn't be practical to add them all to the armoury/wardrobe/other systems. Taking the time to check covers all types of items. 

I frequently delete characters and it doesn't take a lot of time unless they've got loads of stuff and I haven't played them for a while so I don't remember what they've got, but that's when it's really worth taking the time to check. 

Also if I make a character expecting to delete them soon I don't allow them to use anything I don't want to lose. Missing out on some low level materials because my key runner doesn't have gathering tools is better than losing the tools. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I once deleted a full set of infinite tools by accident. Then I deleted a character with full legendary gear before the armory was added =:/

and as far as I'm aware, ArenaNet doesn't restore items deleted along with any character.

But, they will try their best to restore the items deleted along with the character:  While we may not be able to restore a character back to your account, please still let us know if there is an item-related issue for our team to look into. It is not guaranteed that we will be able to assist, though we will do our best to resolve any outstanding matters.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010181213-Restoring-a-Deleted-Character

In the event that you’ve misplaced, lost, sold, deleted, or didn’t receive an item of particular importance, the Customer Service team can help you investigate or even replace the item.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001969608-Recovering-Missing-or-Lost-Items

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Zero.1028 said:

Anet won't make money if they do that, plus if you delete a character you can ask support to get the items back for you. They won't recover the character but at least you can get the items back

The fact that Anet doesn't do anything, I wouldn't worry about that, I'm happy to pay for cosmetic additions, or various improvements to the game, but infinite tools, I don't want to pay for that again, so why Legendary weapons are on account, and infinite tools shouldn't be ? So there might as well not be a feature for legendary weapons, and if you delete a character your problem, and Anet won't just give you the stuff back, if you ask Anet to give you the stuff back, they'll write you that they'll try but that they might not be able to give you the stuff back either 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

This would be useful, but if you're deleting a character I think it's a good idea to remove EVERYTHING they have equipped and then sort through it one item at a time until their inventory is clear, because there's all kinds of things you might want to save and it wouldn't be practical to add them all to the armoury/wardrobe/other systems. Taking the time to check covers all types of items. 

I frequently delete characters and it doesn't take a lot of time unless they've got loads of stuff and I haven't played them for a while so I don't remember what they've got, but that's when it's really worth taking the time to check. 

Also if I make a character expecting to delete them soon I don't allow them to use anything I don't want to lose. Missing out on some low level materials because my key runner doesn't have gathering tools is better than losing the tools. 

yeah I totally get that, my point was that a lot of newcomers to the game can buy Infinite tools and then delete a character and there's a problem in the world, it's my guess but that's probably why Anet doesn't return characters anymore, and how ever they manage to return stuff, I was thinking of new players, hand on heart, a lot of us don't check, either in a hurry or not thinking, remove a character and there's a problem.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

But, they will try their best to restore the items deleted along with the character:  While we may not be able to restore a character back to your account, please still let us know if there is an item-related issue for our team to look into. It is not guaranteed that we will be able to assist, though we will do our best to resolve any outstanding matters.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010181213-Restoring-a-Deleted-Character

In the event that you’ve misplaced, lost, sold, deleted, or didn’t receive an item of particular importance, the Customer Service team can help you investigate or even replace the item.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001969608-Recovering-Missing-or-Lost-Items

Exactly, it's beautifully written here, they're going to try, so it's not actually a 100% chance of returning, but maybe only 50%, I think there's enough items on offer already and an extra one wouldn't hurt, or it could be built up like the Wardrobe so it doesn't interfere with H, that you could run to the bank and get infinite tools, and I think a lot of players would be happy. After all, I've been playing the game for 10 years, and in that time I've encountered countless times where someone accidentally deleted something.

• Haha 1

Among others, crafting filter has "have materials",  "gain experience" and "can equip"...I think it would be nice if "skin locked" is added to those 3, so people who would like to unlock craftable skins could do while leveling up...or just for unlocking purpose

Would be nice to have something similar for TP, too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

they would have no reason to want to ban you just for asking. 

"hey guys! So... 3 years ago, I decided to leave the game and to do so I deleted my only character who was still wearing her Legendary Armor (WvW), 4 legendary weapons (Eternity, Bifrost, Kamohoali'i Kotaki and Kraitkin), Warbringer, Aurora plus a lot of expensive things like the permanent hairstyle contract, 5 32-slot bags, the 3 unlimited salvage kits and the unlimited gathering tools... So, hmm... Think you can restore them for me, pretty please 🥺"

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!

• Confused 1

suggestion: allow guilds to host events in the guild hall/ have an NPC for said events like the kegbrawl and such to choose from instead of going to Lions Arch, this is a great way to get new players involved. Fix southsun cove to prevent permanent immobilize on spawn after the game actually starts and also add SNOWBALL MAYHEM & LUNATIC INQUISITION as events year round but without rewards from the season itself! only allow coin and karma to be given like the current events!

Guild needs more things to do outside of raids, strikes and lame guild missions (they arent worth it right now)....or lack of incentive!