A First Look at Homesteads: Exclusive Preview from PC Gamer [Merged]

Rubi Bayer.8493

7 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

I don't think this will be added, as it would make harvesting nodes nearly worthless, if only one person on the friendlist or in the guild  could share them permanently with everyone.

It could be a good compromise to make it required for that person to be online before a person in the guild or friend list can visit the instance.

and this is how you introduce feature which can drain any mats from the trading post.

It would be nice to have trophy case and bookshelves. One for all the trophies be it raid bosses or other in game bosses and other for all the books in the game.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 any chance to get "bookshelves" in homestead? So we can read any book we collected in the game.

• Like 5

Given that any alts we want to see have to be parked in the homestead (which may mean we have total control over where they are standing in the instance for other alts to see), a couple of things could mitigate the impact on parking elsewhere in the world:  put a bank and merchant in the home, if only through a crafting station with a vendor, and/or have leaving the home return you to where you were in the world before, even after an intervening log out.

Will the mounts seen in the stables be based on the currently played alt's skins and dyes?

Overall this looks way better than my pessimistically low expectations, especially with the new rotation, scaling, and clipping that I am happily surprised to see implemented.  I'm excited to start decorating!

47 minutes ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

Two things I want to see:
1. Home Portal Stone gets updated to allow us to travel to our homestead.
2. Some sort of library in our homestead to store all of the lore books we've collected and read them at our leisure.

Yes, total agreement!!!!!!  So far, everything else seems pretty cool! 
So nice to see features from GW1 like the menagerie (stable) and the hall of monuments features (armor stands, etc.) re-imagined.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Quick question:

Will the auto harvest mechanic allow for the glyphs we have on our tools?

If not, will there be an option via the auto harvest interface to use a glyph that we own while the auto harvest happens?

As a mechanic the auto harvesting is a great feature, but if I cannot get value from my glyphs at the same time, then I will never use it.

Already has that.

1 hour ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

Two things I want to see:
1. Home Portal Stone gets updated to allow us to travel to our homestead.
2. Some sort of library in our homestead to store all of the lore books we've collected and read them at our leisure.

Would love this!💖 This is so exciting. Would like to see more activity features too like Wildstar had. I loved the music and setting change options. Like you could change the sky. Miss my hoverboard and skatepark lol. Also hoping for custom puzzles, PvP areas, combat training like class dummies, golems, ect. I hope we can live in a mansion or castle someday🏰😅

• Like 1

This seems a very well thought and thoroughly implemented feature, it is very impressive and it shows the passion the developers have for the game since they could have easily just copy the system for guild hall decorations and call it a day. The attention to detail is amazing and the developers deserve applause, I am excited to see how they expand this system in the future (some ideas are minipet menageries and libraries to store lore books). Gameplay additions such as hide and seek minigame for party members, dueling arenas etc. might make the guild halls obsolete so I'm a bit conflicted whether such addition would be beneficial to homesteads. Nevertheless, this is a very advanced system as it is with great user friendly convenience 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1