WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MOUNTS?????

So it has become painfully evident that the mounts have recently received some sort of nerf. This is especially disheartening considering the instance amount of time, energy and gold I have invested into acquiring them. When the turtle  mastery chain came, I was happy to see the 20% HP bonus to all mounts. Then you massacred the turtles attack ability to dissuade people from using it as a main form of attack... so basically siege turtle...not for sieging. Now it seems once again the mounts, not just the turtle have become woefully fragile. My skyscale is 2-3 hits and I am falling out of the air. My skyscale is a decent size creature and should be more effort than a centaur to kill. I have also noticed certain units have strangely become immune to the skyscale's fire attack. What is the point of getting a mount if all you do is trash them. The trend to dissuade a player from using them is truly disappointing. You have hyped them all up, and then trashed them. What is the point of having a mount if it can't get across the map because 2 or 3 hits kills it? Then I am stuck, often falling, to land square in the middle of the very mobs I was trying to avoid. Please fix this. I also notice right before an expansion comes out there seems to be fluctuations in the difficulty and damages. Is this done to short cut proper game balance  when adding the new expansion? Either way, sorry for the Ted Rant but it's getting on my nerves....that and the every half hour connection loss isn't winning you guys any brownie points either.

• Like 2
  • Confused 33
  • Sad 2

Mounts never got recently nerfed and connection loss every half hour ? Can go weeks without there here.  Check your modem or connection.  Not everything network based is arena nets fault.

• Like 15
  • Confused 1

Like the error report that has already been listed in the support section, I have done all that. Sometime it really is just arena nets issue. Just because you are doing fine doesn't mean everyone else is. And yeah the mounts have been nerfed, I literally just got one shotted off my skyscale.

• Like 1
  • Confused 23
  • Sad 2

Def a skill issue, I mean whole purpose of mounts is mobility or to quickly get into combat.  If your mounts being blasted to death your doing something wrong.  Only mount that "should" be soaking damage is a siege turtle.  Raptor is the go to for aoe group up before mash skills on fodder that takes almost no damage to do.  Skyscale probs? sounds like your fireball leeching to much.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

You haven't provided any relevant details. In what circumstances are you experiencing this? Specific examples. You should be able to see the name of the attack that one-shotted your mount in the combat log. It's certainly not universal.

• Like 4

On 7/7/2024 at 4:24 PM, Quasidivine.2591 said:

So my mount takes more dmg, and they specifically target the mount to kill it faster.... That sounds like nerf to me.

No, there are mobs (like the kryptis turrets) that can target players on the ground and in the air but mobs target the player the same way as always (as in they don't prefer to target players that are mounted over players that are on foot).

This is not a nerf to mounts.

• Like 6

On 7/7/2024 at 11:24 AM, Quasidivine.2591 said:

So my mount takes more dmg, and they specifically target the mount to kill it faster.... That sounds like nerf to me.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 7/7/2024 at 5:24 PM, Quasidivine.2591 said:

Some Branded in PoF have been able to nuke your mount since their addition in 2017. It's not a nerf, you have a dodge key, use it, mounts can also dodge attacks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I haven't noticed any changes to mounts recently.

There's some enemies which can do a lot of damage to mounted characters, but that's always been the case. Mounts in this game (except the siege turtle) are not designed to survive in combat so a few hits has always been enough to dismount you if you just stand (or hover) there and take it. If you want to stay on your mount you'll need to move, which is what they're for. If you want to fight then it's best to use your engage skill right away, before you get dismounted due to damage.

• Like 3

I haven't noticed anything different - of course I use my mounts for mobility and not combat, so it would take a pretty steep nerf for me to spot it; though I have foggy memories of being one-shotted off my skyscale in Hot and PoF zones so I'm pretty sure that's really just mob-dependant.
As for connection issues, if you're 100% your connection is good, keep looking;  background software, driver conflicts, port issues, dns errors, hardware, hell an aging cable could do it - this is a clientside issue and if you cant get it under control the smart money is to reach out to your ISP who can actually test your path.

Edited by Obnoxa.6702
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Obnoxa.6702 said:

I haven't noticed anything different - of course I use my mounts for mobility and not combat, so it would take a pretty steep nerf for me to spot it; though I have foggy memories of being one-shotted off my skyscale in Hot and PoF zones so I'm pretty sure that's really just mob-dependant.
As for connection issues, if you're 100% your connection is good, keep looking;  background software, driver conflicts, port issues, dns errors, hardware, hell an aging cable could do it - this is a clientside issue and if you cant get it under control the smart money is to reach out to your ISP who can actually test your path.

on that note: Op should call up their internet service provider.  They may be throttling the connection.  That happened to me, my isp decided to change their pricing structure.  I simply assumed all of their emails were advertisements so I missed the notice.  The isp had subdivided "high-speed" internet.  Now it was high speed and Ultra high speed internet.  If I wanted to get the speed that I had before the change I needed to give them twenty more dollars per month.  
If you have a house, see if the isp will replace the cables leading from the telephone pole to the house, as well as the cable inside the wall/floor.  We had to to that for my parent's house. Twenty-year-old cables.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

No, there are mobs (like the kryptis turrets) that can target players on the ground and in the air but mobs target the player the same way as always (as in they don't prefer to target players that are mounted over players that are on foot).

Kryptis turrets tent to target those closest to them, so yes, obviously if you are flying aboveground, you are more likely to be targeted than someone below you. That's still just a proximity-based targeting, not one that specifically prefers the mounts however.

Edit: the only enemies that i do know that do have a targetting preference for flying targets (whether mounted or gliding) are the Bloodstone Fen snipers. They can be a nasty surprise even in their current, nerfed form. I shudder to think what OP would have said if met with them in their original, pre-nerf state.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/7/2024 at 8:07 AM, Quasidivine.2591 said:

So it has become painfully evident that the mounts have recently received some sort of nerf. This is especially disheartening considering the instance amount of time, energy and gold I have invested into acquiring them. When the turtle  mastery chain came, I was happy to see the 20% HP bonus to all mounts. Then you massacred the turtles attack ability to dissuade people from using it as a main form of attack... so basically siege turtle...not for sieging. Now it seems once again the mounts, not just the turtle have become woefully fragile. My skyscale is 2-3 hits and I am falling out of the air. My skyscale is a decent size creature and should be more effort than a centaur to kill. I have also noticed certain units have strangely become immune to the skyscale's fire attack. What is the point of getting a mount if all you do is trash them. The trend to dissuade a player from using them is truly disappointing. You have hyped them all up, and then trashed them. What is the point of having a mount if it can't get across the map because 2 or 3 hits kills it? Then I am stuck, often falling, to land square in the middle of the very mobs I was trying to avoid. Please fix this. I also notice right before an expansion comes out there seems to be fluctuations in the difficulty and damages. Is this done to short cut proper game balance  when adding the new expansion? Either way, sorry for the Ted Rant but it's getting on my nerves....that and the every half hour connection loss isn't winning you guys any brownie points either.

Nothing changed recently with mounts.  

If you're struggling with the skyscale being too fragile, how about you use the skills available to you?  You can dodge, reset your endurance and dodge some more.  You can temporarily share your health pool with your mount.  You can dismount mid-air before you get dismounted and stunned by damage, then use glider stealth and glider boost to get away from enemies before re-mounting.  You even get a free in-combat re-mount on the skyscale every few minutes.

If you're routinely falling out of the sky you're just doing it wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1