Get answers to your top questions regarding the new Homesteads feature! [Merged]

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If it was meant to accommodate more players than 1 party, they'd probably use "squad" instead. It might be a simple wording mistake, but doubt it is, probably max 5 and if you leave the party, you're kicked out of the instance.

Exactly.

It just means that my guild leader will need to continue hosting events in the guild hall rather than her Homestead. She will be a bit disappointed but it should be fine.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Ah that's a good eye! I'd watched that but didn't notice that option, only saw that no 'extra' stuff showed up in the scroll on the right hand side of the screen. Hopefully it will let us set dif glyphs for each tool, but either way still good to know \o/

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I've got an answer for that--as well as a few extra bits of info about how Conjured Doorways behave in the world. 🙂

If the door owner's party is full, there won't be a request option and the door will look closed. 

Additionally, interacting with any other player's door gives you the option to hide it for yourself. Your door is automatically hidden from players you have blocked. 

We'll be sharing many more details this Friday on the livestream--don't miss it!

Thank you very much!

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Sounds a bit less interesting now - but I alread read in other threads where people had been discussing that the homesteads would require the owner to be online and max 5 people (in the party) could visit them.

Fixed locations for the nodes: ... I would have preferred a bit more customization options. (To be able to at least move them a bit in a certain area. There seem to be areas that are mentioned ... lumber mill will probably have the wood/tree nodes close to it.) Hopefully it is efficient to gather - so we won't prefer the home instance instead. 😄

Being able to move the chars that are logged sounds nice. (If it correctly remembers the position. I exect it to have bugs in the beginning ... like: You logging into the other char and logging out in the homestead again and it resets them to the default position instead to the one you moved them towards.)

Crafting ... I'd have preferred a manual levelling. On the other hand: There might be less trash you have to craft to level it now. And nice that this way it will not use a crafting discipline slot ... if just unlocking the mastery lets you interact with the station with recipes unlocked. Then again ... masteries have only a few levels while in the usual system from 0 to 400 (or 500) you have a lot of small steps. Like every 25 something new unlocked. (A bit more than the usual maybe 5-7 mastery line steps.)

I agrree. I really want the nodes at least each type close together so I can use my auto pickup skill on the tools. Being able to collect around an area is neat.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlykm.8621 said:

I agrree. I really want the nodes at least each type close together so I can use my auto pickup skill on the tools. Being able to collect around an area is neat.

Coming later is a feature that allows one to gather all mats (Wood/Ore/Plants) with one swoop of the Gathering Tool.  For a preview see:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Andrew Gray and Joel Eckert, two of the designers working on homesteads, have answers to your homestead questions. Read on

HomesteadQuestions.thumb.jpg.1b8fd6d846f5a728d07c1b502cb1d24f.jpg

I have a specific question not listed there and hopefully may get an answer on tomorrow's stream.

Quoting the post:

If you approach any of these logged-out alternate characters, you can ask them to follow you and lead them elsewhere. When you’re ready for them to stay put again, you can ask them to stay, and they’ll stop following.

Will we be able to interact with them in more ways than that? I'd like very much to, for example, drag them to a place and have a synchronised dance same way I can have it by typing /dance * command and start a flash mob. Maybe waving at the same time with /wave * or /salute * to have a cool clip. Maybe all gather around a warm campfire at night, take out the lute and play while the NPC characters sit and enjoy a good time.

If the answer is no, can we have it implemented in the future? Like for last update maybe?

• Like 2

1) Will there be crafting stations in the Homestead.

2) If there is a crafting station and lets say my weapon smith is hanging around in the Homestead: Can I ask him to craft me some stuff (Can I use the station even if my actual char isn't weaponsmith)?

I.e. will it just be a cosmetic gold sink or will it have any use?

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I've got an answer for that--as well as a few extra bits of info about how Conjured Doorways behave in the world. 🙂

If the door owner's party is full, there won't be a request option and the door will look closed. 

Additionally, interacting with any other player's door gives you the option to hide it for yourself. Your door is automatically hidden from players you have blocked. 

We'll be sharing many more details this Friday on the livestream--don't miss it!

Can you please add that "dismiss door" capability to all player-dropped interactables, to help with the amount of crud dropped on top of reward chests, merchants, etc?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I have some existing guild hall decorations that I never used. Can I use them in my homestead in the future, or will my homestead need homestead exclusive decorations?

You will not since guild hall decorations is made with scribe profession and the homestead decorations is made with the homestead mastery profession.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Khandarus.2738 said:

Will we unlock decorations based on our story choices and achievements?

Guild halls had this to an extent for achievements. Things like Recipe: Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra and Master Brewer's Keg. They didn't go too far with this idea, though. I thought it was neat to have unlockable recipes. I do hope that they at least give us a bloodstone brick oven decoration for the people who've done the cooking achievement to have it inside of their home instances.

I have a couple of questions when it comes to our alts.

1. If I select an alt to follow my character to a different area and tell them to stay put in that area, will they stay there? Or will they move back to the place they spawned?
2. In case they stay in the place where I told them to stay put, will they continue to stay there as well when I select another alt to follow me? 
3. In case all of them stay in the place where I told them to stay put, will they continue to stay there when I log out / dc? Or will I have to do the whole following / stay put thing once again when I log back in? (using the same character)
4. Can we give them emote orders? Like having them sit / dance, or any of the other emotes that we have unlocked on our account?
5. Can we let them sit on mounts (as shown in the video)?
6. Can we let them fish?

Like someone else mentioned earlier, I'd love it if I could place them around a campfire, where they for example sit / dance / sleep. Or having them stand near the water and fish.

• Like 1

Would it be a possibility to have alts follow us outside the homestead, in the future? They don't need to actually fight / do damage--it could have similar functionality to a mini.

For those of us who have backstories for our alts, and characters who "know eachother", it would be really fun to have them adventure together

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

My feedback

The 1  crop per plant bed looks stupid, I understand why they did it but they should have just used less beds to total 12 seeds.

The placement of the pinata is also bad

The NPC's reseting positions when leaving the homestead makes it basically pointless to move them at all.

other than that I liked what I saw

Edited by Vavume.8065

AMAZING!! i am SO excited! there's so much thought!

Two things:

Undo button? In case you make an important mistake?

How bout chairs as placeable decorations (since we already have mounts, skiffs, display weapon/armor or w/e? the chair novelties we bought/unlock could be displayable as decorations, one of each?)