12 year bday gift sucks

Would be a bad idea to give something significant or noticeable as a birthday gift now or going onwards.

New player: "Oh how do I get this cool shiny thing?"

Vet: "It's easy, just wait 13 years."

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

It's like we're married with Anet for 12 years now and Anet is not even trying to do anything nice for our birthday anymore.

How hard would it be to give us an infinite utility like the birthday cake? I know they have a limited one, we could just get that with reduced stats but unlimited uses. That way it would benefit everyone around.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

They seem to have begun to standardize the character birthday gifts.  The birthdays at 11+ do give more stuff than they used to on previous years.  Then there are mules to consider, 69 character birthdays is alot.

The account anniversary gifts (tied to your oldest character? Still limit one per account.) have become standardized as well. 
Anniversaries before the 8th don't have anniversary achievement boxes. 
It would obviously take awhile to get a second decade anniversary box. 
They probably should replace those 5 proof of legend for the 13th year.  They stopped giving us backpack boxes because we probably have enough of those by year 8 anyway.  I expect that we have enough proof of legend tokens by now also.

I might expect something interesting for the 15th account anniversary because Americans like multiples of 5.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

It's like we're married with Anet for 12 years now and Anet is not even trying to do anything nice for our birthday anymore.

How hard would it be to give us an infinite utility like the birthday cake? I know they have a limited one, we could just get that with reduced stats but unlimited uses. That way it would benefit everyone around.

At one point I had thought that an infinite utility item called a Cake Knife to accompany the birthday cake would be cool.

I'm not going to stress over an anniversary gift (unless it's for my wife) but it would have been nice to see a utility item to pair with the birthday cake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Not even a title, it's sad really... 😥

We got a package of these eye souring neon colours that looks hideous anyway but of course people with no taste will wear them to be unique and the main character with their disco inferno infusion x-mas flying balls and vomit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

Its was talked about it in the recent year already: I think the decision is well-made. A lot wo progress for new players. Veterans can be happy to finally have "finished" most stuff (finishing the remaining weapon collections). Game can't add new stuff endlessly. Imagine they are going to produce a GW3 after all. At that point most players would have wanted to have finished most stuff with players still starting not taking forever. (Especially if they consider s similar setup than Hall of Monuments in GW1 - where stuff carries over.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

We got a package of these eye souring neon colours that looks hideous anyway...

I find them useful for a few skins.  A few dye channels are really dark.  One might think weird dye channels would be an edge case, sadly they are rather common.  Too bright, too dark, ect.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The better question is what are you expecting ?

After 12 years I dont know what can feel nice, especially if you are a very invested player. Legendary ? probably own all of them already. Money ? probably have thousands of gold. Karma ? same. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

🤣
It's pretty anti-climactic, coming in on the back of the previous years, I'll give you that!
But the argument of unique stuff that takes newer players 13 years to get is valid. Admittedly, free bag slot and a few gems could go a long way though... here's hoping for lucky number 13! /crosses fingers
... and pray to Kormir whoever said "Queen Jennah feet pics" wasn't dropping a spoiler.

Edited by Obnoxa.6702
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

The better question is what are you expecting ?

After 12 years I dont know what can feel nice, especially if you are a very invested player. Legendary ? probably own all of them already. Money ? probably have thousands of gold. Karma ? same. 

skins for vets only, legendarys for vets only, infusions for vets only, mounts for vets only, none of it buyable.  Rewarded on a yearly basis (or more frequently) due to supporting/playing the game for so long.  You can even base it on playtime or simply the age of the account, or achievement points.

Or i guess they can just give us the rinse and repeat birthday gifts, which gives a dye (which is nice) but thats about it, other games reward veteran players with more things compared to gw2.

I also feel like there can never be enough compensation for gw1 players, since we played since the beginning and they abandoned the game which was a really bad decision in my opinion.  Id still play it today if they added new content to it.  SO as an apology/acknowledgement that we were there and played that original game, we should be recognized and rewarded, moreso than we already are (with the gwamm titles).

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

next year we'll get you socks

At least it won't be underwear.

Seriously, I would've been happy with just a new title.  Would that have been so hard?  My Chef would lilke a title of "Baker's Dozen," although a real baker's dozen means thirteen.