This expac is omega doomed

23 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

In this case, I think it derives from "OMG" (Oh my God), or just "the end" (Omega), meaning maximized doom? I don't really care. 😆

In case of doubt, there are online dictionaries that help us understand nonsense like "pog", "UwU", "sus" etc. 😂

Yeah, but they are not helping in this case. When I google for "omega doomed" the first search results are pointing to this thread.  🤣

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

Yeah, but they are not helping in this case. When I google for "omega doomed" the first search results are pointing to this thread.  🤣

Usually using "omega" in this context as an adjective meaning something like "the ultimate" or the extreme or the epic, etc. 

I've used "omega oof" before, which I guess is merging multiple generations of slang 😂

• Haha 3

On 9/4/2024 at 7:20 AM, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

The combat system feels like it's in maintenance mode now:

Maintenance Mode is not what you think it is.

• Where are the new runes?
  • Where is the new food?
  • Where are the new stat combinations?

OK, so what plausibly useful and non-duplicative suggestions do you have here? The stuff we have so far is pretty comprehensive.

Where are the reworks for dusty features like utilities, runes (the first rework implementation is crap), fishing (I still lose charges when I’m forced to swap maps), fractals/infusions (helloooo!), the reward system in general (aren’t you tired of the game feeling like an incremental game?), and the stat imbalance (3 stats for power vs. 2 stats for condition damage, etc.)?

Here is pretty much the only place you have a somewhat valid point.

1 hour ago, Logos.5603 said:

I'm just going to wait till all decorations are out before I keep toying around with it. I like the Elonian aesthetic, but there a like a handful of Elonian decorations atm.

Same here, there's just not much in the available options that I feel like working with. When there are more options available, I'll take another look but for now it can wait.

Concretely, would you recommend to someone who is interested in the story, who left the game during End of Dragons, to come back for Janthir Wilds ? To expect quality, and an interesting scenario ? Or would you tell him to run ? 🤨

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've been enjoying JW myself, finishing up the hearts and might do the last 4-5 achievements I am missing (you know, stuff like Pay your Respects, etc. stuff which is easy but one hasn't come around to yet). Done with everything else pretty much. Close to 2 stacks of the new runes, 6 WvW reward track final chests (I already used the first 2 I had, so 8 total).

I am actually enjoying the fact I DON'T have to no life JW every day. I enjoy NOT having to time meta events this time around (had enough of that in SotO, given I made the version 2 legi armor an yes, I have envoy etc). I actually enjoy the fact that the first 2 maps are all about chill events, resources and NOT about "add this to your daily rotation from now on".

It is pretty apparent that the resources in Janthir Wilds, especially essence once again, will be integral to this expansions reward structure. So you can do some events now and then, or grind them later on when "the loot" like the legendary spear or backpack are added.

Essence as I've mentioned in other threads is being setup as new overarching resources for the mini expansions. We had it in SotO. We have it in JW. I am pretty sure we will get it in expansion 6.. It's also universally convertible into older resources, which reduces the necessity to play older content

TL;DR:

JW is not setup to be played hardcore for weeks on end. Not even SotO was setup that way, unless you went for the legendary armor. In my book that's a plus because it allows me to play things I enjoy while also playing JW as much or as little as I want.

Just like SotO (or living world season 3, or living world season 4, etc.), this expansion living world hybrid will fully come to shine once it is fully released. Until then we will hopefully have well made content get added just like these first 2 maps (the 2nd one needs a few more events).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/4/2024 at 7:32 PM, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Capture.PNG.110f077e155b065e8c55f0d1ed389ab4.PNG

Look at the face of twitch 2 weeks after the launch at 7PM CET

The expac is already dead

I think majority of ppl on GW2 forums really underestimate how much casual is GW2 and same goes for GW2 player population. Casual player base in general do not search any information about game outside of game itself. You can see it in builds like getting easy build with right stats and low APM is not that hard and some ppl can not even do that.

14 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I've been enjoying JW myself, finishing up the hearts and might do the last 4-5 achievements I am missing (you know, stuff like Pay your Respects, etc. stuff which is easy but one hasn't come around to yet). Done with everything else pretty much. Close to 2 stacks of the new runes, 6 WvW reward track final chests (I already used the first 2 I had, so 8 total).

I am actually enjoying the fact I DON'T have to no life JW every day. I enjoy NOT having to time meta events this time around (had enough of that in SotO, given I made the version 2 legi armor an yes, I have envoy etc). I actually enjoy the fact that the first 2 maps are all about chill events, resources and NOT about "add this to your daily rotation from now on".

It is pretty apparent that the resources in Janthir Wilds, especially essence once again, will be integral to this expansions reward structure. So you can do some events now and then, or grind them later on when "the loot" like the legendary spear or backpack are added.

Essence as I've mentioned in other threads is being setup as new overarching resources for the mini expansions. We had it in SotO. We have it in JW. I am pretty sure we will get it in expansion 6.. It's also universally convertible into older resources, which reduces the necessity to play older content

TL;DR:

JW is not setup to be played hardcore for weeks on end. Not even SotO was setup that way, unless you went for the legendary armor. In my book that's a plus because it allows me to play things I enjoy while also playing JW as much or as little as I want.

Just like SotO (or living world season 3, or living world season 4, etc.), this expansion living world hybrid will fully come to shine once it is fully released. Until then we will hopefully have well made content get added just like these first 2 maps (the 2nd one needs a few more events).

Originally that was the case, it's just that since the layoffs and the LW5 failure: Guild Wars 2 has become a casual game because they just have neither the means nor the desire to invest in the game, to concentrate mainly on their new projects under development... and I deeply regret that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Read my first post, I am not debating about that.

Not sure your really debating anything, merely just complaining and then resorting to name calling and sass when others do not actually agree with you. I think we get it, this expac wasn't what you imagined or wanted. This is only the first content drop, more is coming and who knows they might throw in a few extras along the way. If GW2 isn't giving you what you feel you need then I guess only you can ultimately decide where you go with it or what you do within it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bloodstealer.5978 said:

If GW2 isn't giving you what you feel you need then I guess only you can ultimately decide where you go with it or what you do within it.

I'm taking my brand new falling star all the way to the legendary Lord at Stonemist Castle. Let's gooooooo!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rylien.3824 said:

Concretely, would you recommend to someone who is interested in the story, who left the game during End of Dragons, to come back for Janthir Wilds ? To expect quality, and an interesting scenario ? Or would you tell him to run ? 🤨

I would say that the story is worse than End of Dragons. So, run (for now...maybe the story will get better, but I don't think it will)...or spend the money elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, rylien.3824 said:

It's on par, if not better than EoD, but a lot more low key. It might feel odd without having played SoTo though given it follows on directly

• Like 1

I think the weakness is that there not any reason to team up with friends Guildmates or whatever so this game does feel more like a solo adventure game and the players that walks around the maps  could might aswell be npc's playing for that matter. If there was a few dungeons or whatever it would have done so much ... Is not that the expansion is bad but it dosent give you this where you can say hello friends we gotta work hard and really teamwork to make this happen and is just a shame ..

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

I think the weakness is that there not any reason to team up with friends Guildmates or whatever so this game does feel more like a solo adventure game and the players that walks around the maps  could might aswell be npc's playing for that matter. If there was a few dungeons or whatever it would have done so much ... Is not that the expansion is bad but it dosent give you this where you can say hello friends we gotta work hard and really teamwork to make this happen and is just a shame ..

I'm not sure about this. I played most of the expansion with friends. It even slowed some of the progression and helped us enjoy the maps and their lore more than if we were playing solo. There were a few cases of repeated story steps for some people to catch up, but I'm not even counting those. Well, you have to repeat one mission for the AP. Having friends along for the ride seriously helped our enjoyment of the expac maps, story, and sharing spear builds. Maybe that's why the OP his lost now? Blowing thru the content solo at a breakneck pace? 🤷‍♂️

Edit: From a solo adventure RP experience, I would expect a LOT more interaction and choices given to the story steps for this to be considered anywhere near good solo RPG content. It mostly works as a shared tagalong adventure story where you kinda create the RP on your own and just experience the story and adventure/action with shared laughs, because the game doesn't really give it to you.

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261

EDIT:  Just because an expansion doesn't meet your criteria for enjoyment doesn't mean everyone feels the same. You keep using words that are used in such a strange context, so I find it hard to really take anything as gospel.  As for Twitch, like, who the hell cares? Most people are playing the game, not watching Twitch. 

You not liking something doesn't attest to everyone's view. It's been awhile since we've had a proper doom and gloom thread. XD

Edited by Tsakhi.8124
Baa.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/4/2024 at 1:20 PM, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Where are the new runes?

Where are the reworks for dusty features like utilities, runes (the first rework implementation is crap), fi

You want both new runes and a revamp of the runes? This shows that nothing will ever be able to make you happy.

You could say that you want new runes and a rework of the Relic system since that system unless you have the Legendary Relic, is indeed bad.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Tsakhi.8124 said:

You not liking something doesn't attest to everyone's view. It's been awhile since we've had a proper doom and gloom thread. XD

Some people are so deeply weird that they have to think they are the normal to be able to stomach it. It's the "I'm not weird. you are!" expressed without stating it.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Confused 2