QOL Requests: New for 2024

Can we please have new faces for charr. Faces that looks more like the big cats like Tiger, Lion, Mountain Lion, etc... And Less uggly faces for male charr.

Please also fix charr ears that look very out dated and rough textured. They dont have to be moving as thats such a minor detail I (can only speak for myself) don't even see.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Any new customizations would be great..😌 I honestly don't get why ANet is not seeing this gold mine.💰🤑 And we saw they were able to make new faces and hairstyles for all races in EoD expansion after years of adding anything new customizations...🤩 hopefully it wont take years again before they add new...☹️ oh wait...🥴 EoD was released 28th februari 2022. 😓

🥺

7 hours ago, Frostfang.5109 said:

Can we please have new faces for charr. Faces that looks more like the big cats like Tiger, Lion, Mountain Lion, etc... And Less uggly faces for male charr.

Please also fix charr ears that look very out dated and rough textured. They dont have to be moving as thats such a minor detail I (can only speak for myself) don't even see.

1. You are trying to change the lore on Charr. Charr have looked like this for ages. (Weren't the new, fat Lowland teddybears bad enough? 😒)

2. I hope they'll never make the Charr ears static! What a crazy suggestion.

• Confused 7

Suggestion: An in-game obtainable/purchasable item, that once used, automatically completes all remaining map completion necessary  for obtaining the Gift of Exploration, however does not grant any other (specific) map completion rewards.

Cost: 8 Gifts of Exploration (retroactive for those who finished the requirement before)

Cooldown: 30 Days

Upgradeable for expansion maps: 4 Gifts of the Jungle / Desert (EoD too fresh to need it yet but can be added later)

As to the though process / reasoning for such an item: With the introduction of the Legendary Armory, collecting legendary gear has become the goal of many players, new and old. But the tediousness and the repetative nature of map completion becomes more and more annoying with each cycle. So an item to circumvent that would be really nice. 

Since the cost of the item would require one to finish the whole process at least 4 times,  we can make sure new players won´t just skip the "grind" and the experience that comes with the first map completion...or the second....or third...you get the idea.

The 30 day cooldown prevents any TP flooding as those who want to flip legendary weapons would still only be able to do it twice a month via this item, not to mention, materials for doing so long term aren´t cheap anyway.

Extra motivation for people to make Gen 2 weapons which can´t even be sold (and no one in their right mind wants to do Tungled Depths more than once).

Finally, regarding the possible argument: "This would make maps more empty" - It is possible a few less players will be here and there, but if the majority of players on the maps are there just for the map completion, then the game has a bigger problem overall. The 4x completion requirement might actually motivate more people to engage with the process as the map completion might have been what deterred them from making more than the 2 initial legendaries one cam make from the 1st map completion.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

1. You are trying to change the lore on Charr. Charr have looked like this for ages. (Weren't the new, fat Lowland teddybears bad enough? 😒)

2. I hope they'll never make the Charr ears static! What a crazy suggestion.

I think you might want to read the OP again. How is adding new face options for charr, changing their lore? She's not asking for all charr faces to be soft, or for the ugly options to be removed--she's asking for more options and saying that big cats are a good source of inspiration for creating them. 

She also isn't asking for ears to be static... like what? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Heck yes  we need more charr creation options. They could even wing it, and make minor alterations to crecia, rytlock, and gaheron's faces for player use, instead of designing from scratch. 

Also, hi frostfang, I remember your charr concept art post years ago on the old forms xD. They actually used some of the designs people submitted.

• Like 1

I know we got some instruments, but if we got bass guitar, lute, flute, bell, harph.... Could it be possible to also add electric guitar? And maybe some drum kit?
There is quite few guilds that are focused mostly on making tabs for music, playing together, even having concerts.
I started playin few months ago and I found out about music instruments recently. I really enjoy it 🙂

• Like 4

So there are literally like 3 exclusive pink dyes in the entire game. There are not very many non exclusives either and they are much lower quality. TWO of those three exclusive pink dyes are locked behind having a NINE YEAR OLD character on top of that. In other words, having a pretty pink character is currently locked behind having played for 9+ years and it has been that way for years showing no signs of changing. It literally lowkey makes me want to cry sometimes when I remember or think about wanting to make a pink character in this game so much T.T I really really don't get why there aren't more and I literally dont even care about any of the birthday gifts like none of them even matter as elitist as some people get about them EXCEPT for the ones that give those two pink dyes. The other 4 dyes in the gifts even have good alternatives so its like w/e. Like please ANET I literally beg add more pink ik it isnt even just me whos sad about this.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

biggest QoL would be if we finally could skip all the Dialogue that is stretched to infinity.

edit: im not so sure why people are always confused about other wanting to skip these tedious dialogues? 
some people can read the dialogue faster than it is spoken, this is not a podcast but a game

Edited by Wladicorist.3460
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Why does it need to be an exclusive dye? It's nothing to do with the colours, all it means is they originally come from the gem store instead of an in-game source, but they're all available on the Trading Post so for most players it doesn't make any difference.

I recommend sorting your dyes by Hue (use the cog in the top right of the dye menu to change it) and setting it to show locked dyes then having a look through the reds and purples to find ones you like.

I'm not a fan of pink myself so I probably don't have the best eye for a 'good' pink, but if I was looking for something close to Bubblegum and Cherry Vanilla (the two from the birthday dye kit) I'd try:

• Magenta (coincidentally my pink-obsessed niece's favourite shade)
  • Electro Pink
  • Cotton Candy
  • Strawberry Breeze

I think Humiliation was the official dye for Pink Day in LA, but that might be at least partially because it's one of the cheapest ones and they want as many people as possible to be able to join in.

They might add more bright pinks at some point though. A few years ago I got frustrated that all the bright greens are on the yellowish end of the spectrum, there were no bright spring greens, then a while later they added the Black Lion Dye canisters which had a range of bright colours. Underworld is my personal favourite bright green, but it's nice there's a few to choose from. They bring out new dyes periodically, so it's entirely possible more pinks will be added.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 3

On 10/14/2024 at 11:29 PM, Ghastly.3914 said:

Seeing everyone around with an unique build/ability would add so much flavor to the game

It's already the case. Most players run around with "unique" combinations of stats and traits. And since 99% of those are trash tier, the game is not better due to it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I just wanted to say goodbye to my wvw guildleaders because I quit wvw (and thus the game completely) and wrote a short text in the Windows Editor.
And when I pasted my text into the in-game message box, half of it was missing.
Only 1/3 of the text field was full.
What kind of stupid character limit is that... without notice. There isn't even a field somewhere that indicates this. Pls add one.
You wouldn't believe how I had to shorten the message... it almost looked like an SMS from the old days... 20 years ago.

So please, the limit should be twice as high.

How else can you say goodbye properly? There's a reason why I don't want to use Discord for this, but wanted to pass it on in-game.

Thank you very much.

(And goodbye, may the next one have it easier with their leave msg)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7