What if scourge was deleted?

Lahmia.2193

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:A significant portion of server lag would disappear...

Considering it was just as bad if not worse before, I don't think that correlation is accurate.

Removing any class that contributes heavily to the Boon/Condi Spam will reduce server lag, this is common sense.

Not like something else would replace it.... Reaper with wells and shouts again, etc.. One spec wouldn't make a significant difference.

But hey, in a vacuum, sure

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:A significant portion of server lag would disappear...

Considering it was just as bad if not worse before, I don't think that correlation is accurate.

Removing any class that contributes heavily to the Boon/Condi Spam will reduce server lag, this is common sense.

Not like something else would replace it.... Reaper with wells and shouts again, etc.. One spec wouldn't make a significant difference.

But hey, in a vacuum, sure

I think mez would talk over for boon strips as well as spell brakers will be more used for there class and not just one skill. Boon strips are in the game there a lot of them what scourge dose is boon conversion to condis its on a comply different level of balancing a -1 effect for a person from boon strips and a -3 from a person who had there boons convened into condis.

In short, I'd love to see Scourges out of the game, they're making the WvW experience definitely worse to me right now.

First thing we would probably see with Scourges removed is that Spellbreakers would run rampant, because it would be very easy for them to drop a good bubble. Scourges make dropping a good bubble a little difficult atm. Hammer train would be hard to stop. It is good that hammer train is kept at bay and not being all-powerful, but the problem is that Scourge is the only class that really is keeping back right now. Maybe a heavy hammer revenant backline could do the trick as well, but a meta like that would soon become tiresome as well. Reapers would probably replace Scourges anyway, but they don't have the stopping power of a Scourge, so the game would quite surely go back to meleeballs :)

Honestly I'd love the pre-PoF meta, but if we're already in the wishful thinking area, I'd prefer the pre-HoT meta even more. Vanilla classes are the best :)

If you delete guardian, necro will dissappier with him. They Are countering each other. Boons-corrupt-cleanse+new boons-corrupt-cleanse And ....

If scourge Kill you in blob ok. If anywhere else, you Are JUST bad player. That class Is gutted(not a scourge main, hate IT too)

@"Malediktus.9250" said:Deleting Scourge or better necro completly from the game would be a glorious day for GW2

Hay necro core and reapers are super balanced they have high risk high reward game play with "cant be healed" for there real power skills and in the support meta we have now cant be healed is the highest risk. Scourge gets to cheep because it can be healed when it has barrier and is able to hid it mana pool not using it for an hp bar like core necro and reaper.

@"Hexinx.1872" said:I would just reduce the size of there skills somewhat... if a zerg has 4-5 scourges running, the whole screen gets pasted with a red baseboard it's a little ridiculous, but whatever. Just more reason to unlock the scourge spec

Maybe just remove sand savant trait all together and replace it with something else?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sand_Savant

@Threather.9354 said:

@"Hexinx.1872" said:I would just reduce the size of there skills somewhat... if a zerg has 4-5 scourges running, the whole screen gets pasted with a red baseboard it's a little ridiculous, but whatever. Just more reason to unlock the scourge spec

Maybe just remove sand savant trait all together and replace it with something else?

Sand Savnt is ok by it self its the fact that you can stack so many effects on its as well as having a version of it at your feet as well as your pAoE. The effectiveness of numbers of targets and effects becomes to much to even hope to balances.

@Jski.6180 said:If you guys are that fearful of not being able to push in give such stronger barrier effects to support class who do nothing but support say tempest or duride but make the barriers have weak base effects but strong %+ for healing power. The problem with scourge is not the barrier its that it gets barrier and dose every thing else in the game at the same time.

My thoughts as well. It has too much going for it in this mode. All the AoEs, condition pressure while building tanky, boon corrupt, CC, range, bomb capabilities, and on top of all that, barrier, which is arguably even better than healing in a lot of cases (since if you heal someone at full HP it goes to waste). Oh yeah and they also decided to give them a blink/portal combo. Great stuff here.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:melee boon-stacking train, which is probably the main reason so many of the players left the game to begin with; no changes to the game play.

They are honestly better off deleting warrior & guardian to ensure any future changes doesn't bring back the leaping melee ball.

You're not at all wrong. Just even that is preferable imho.

They've gotta nerf boons and conditions to really fix the game.

@"Hexinx.1872" said:Scourge is ridiculous in wvw, its far superior to any damage dealing in the game. Deadeyes are great in roaming, but scourge wipes out multiples with ease , I can't wait until I unlock my scourge. My whole guild is building scourge , nothing else.

You're going to be disappointed. Scourge is an easy kill most of the time when roaming. The only reason they are "so strong" in zergs is because they get to hide at the back, avoiding all the damage. A full scourge guild Vs another balanced guild in a fight would be a huge defeat for the scourge guild.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@"Hexinx.1872" said:Scourge is ridiculous in wvw, its far superior to any damage dealing in the game. Deadeyes are great in roaming, but scourge wipes out multiples with ease , I can't wait until I unlock my scourge. My whole guild is building scourge , nothing else.

You're going to be disappointed. Scourge is an easy kill most of the time when roaming. The only reason they are "so strong" in zergs is because they get to hide at the back, avoiding all the damage. A full scourge guild Vs another balanced guild in a fight would be a huge defeat for the scourge guild.

But that "balanced guild" is still 60% scourges right?

@SWI.4127 said:

But that "balanced guild" is still 60% scourges right?

not that much...40% but still a lot40% used to be guardians' in the past metayou can also say that the pug will always lose since they will never hav the perfect composition to deal with a blob guild since pug is never balancedunless the pug know how to cloud

Archived