High Elves

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mortymes.7139 said:So Ion said we wouldn't get HIgh Elves in WoW, so how about High Elves introduced in Guild Wars? Most games have elves in their fantasy, but GW has no elves at all.

yes I vote to have high elves too!! a lot of people try to brainwash others by saying freaking tree is elf! no it is NOTYou don't call a tree people elf just because they both live in the forest doesn't work that way!

@derd.6413 said:because anet has made efforts to make sure it's universe isn't generic fantasy. why do you think dwarves are mostly extinct instead of playable?

If that's the case then GW2 shouldn't have human to begin with because its too generic since EVERY game have human in it and should also be extincted alright. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it should be extincted.

Is not true that "anything can be introduced". If you care for art, quality and lore, anything that makes sense can be introduced. This leaves Elves out.RPGs tend to be kitchen sinks, that is true. But when someone makes the effort to NOT make such a disgusting cheap crap, you don't try to undermine such work by demanding the same trash others use. Its bad form.

Well one man trash is another man's treasure... so I hope ANet see this as a treasure not trash.Also what makes you think introducing the elves won't make sense?? Do you have the info for the upcoming content or story-line? Otherwise never say ever. We have not seen all the elder dragons yet.

I remember when GW2 first launched ANet was very firm about not having mounts because they believed the WP system can replace mounts. But guess what??!!! We got mounts now!! Do you think all the mounts that was introduced make sense? Not really. So I'm not quite sure what you mean by art, quality and lore. It sounds more like an excuse to prevent something you don't want to be implemented to the game simply because you think it's trash.

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

@Mortymes.7139 said:So Ion said we wouldn't get HIgh Elves in WoW, so how about High Elves introduced in Guild Wars? Most games have elves in their fantasy, but GW has no elves at all.

Lives in a forest, loves nature, one with the trees, speaks with british accent. Sylvari much?

Sounds like a Bosmer from Elder Scrolls more than a High Elf. Depends on your lore I guess.

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:Well one man trash is another man's treasure... so I hope ANet see this as a treasure not trash.Also what makes you think introducing the elves won't make sense?? Do you have the info for the upcoming content or story-line? Otherwise never say ever. We have not seen all the elder dragons yet.

I remember when GW2 first launched ANet was very firm about not having mounts because they believed the WP system can replace mounts. But guess what??!!! We got mounts now!! Do you think all the mounts that was introduced make sense? Not really. So I'm not quite sure what you mean by art, quality and lore. It sounds more like an excuse to prevent something you don't want to be implemented to the game simply because you think it's trash.

The only elder dragon we havent seen is the under water dragon, and they already made a humanoid race that lives down there, though i highly doubt well ever go and finally kill said underwater dragon.Elves do not make sense to this games lore at all. This world(Tyria) is unique, up to and including the fact that humans as a race are intruders. They /arent/ from the world of Tyria, while the other races we both play as, and encounter are.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:Well one man trash is another man's treasure... so I hope ANet see this as a treasure not trash.Also what makes you think introducing the elves won't make sense?? Do you have the info for the upcoming content or story-line? Otherwise never say ever. We have not seen all the elder dragons yet.

I remember when GW2 first launched ANet was very firm about not having mounts because they believed the WP system can replace mounts. But guess what??!!!
We got mounts now!!
Do you think all the mounts that was introduced make sense? Not really. So I'm not quite sure what you mean by art, quality and lore. It sounds more like an excuse to prevent something you don't want to be implemented to the game simply because you think it's trash.

The only elder dragon we havent seen is the under water dragon, and they already made a humanoid race that lives down there, though i highly doubt well ever go and finally kill said underwater dragon.Elves do not make sense to this games lore at all. This world(Tyria) is unique, up to and including the fact that humans as a race are intruders. They /arent/ from the world of Tyria, while the other races we both play as, and encounter are.

tbh I just want to have the ability to customize human's ear. ANet doesn't even have to introduce elf race lol! It's like if they can give people the option to have glowly eyes I don't see why not give people the option to have pointy ears?? But if they feel the need to intrude elf to make it happen I'm fine with it too either it make sense with the lore or not. Like you mentioned human are intruders to Tyria perhaps elves can intrude too and MAYBE they have been hidden in the ocean or whatever for a long time.

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:

I remember when GW2 first launched ANet was very firm about not having mounts because they believed the WP system can replace mounts. But guess what??!!!
We got mounts now!!
Do you think all the mounts that was introduced make sense? Not really. So I'm not quite sure what you mean by art, quality and lore. It sounds more like an excuse to prevent something you don't want to be implemented to the game simply because you think it's trash.

tbh I just want to have the ability to customize human's ear. ANet doesn't even have to introduce elf race lol! It's like if they can give people the option to have glowly eyes I don't see why not give people the option to have pointy ears?? But if they feel the need to intrude elf to make it happen I'm fine with it too either it make sense with the lore or not. Like you mentioned human are intruders to Tyria perhaps elves can intrude too and MAYBE they have been hidden in the ocean or whatever for a long time.

I highly doubt that last one. The species that lives underwater has adapted to it, has fins and such(though they look awfully cheesy).You have a better chance of getting pointy ears for humans either as a gem store item, or introduced whenever they add new things to the faces, than you do of a new race just being literally SHOVED into the lore of the game.(not a good idea imo.) And breaking the games lore "just because" is a terrible idea.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@"Tom Hsiao.9705" said: Like you mentioned human are intruders to Tyria perhaps elves can intrude too and MAYBE they have been hidden in the ocean or whatever for a long time.

Pointy-eared, aquatic, humanoid creatures already exist in GW2 (Largos).

Oh yes thank you for pointing that out!!I'm not quite sure what's going on there with their face I'm hoping that's just part of the helmet or something. Perhaps they should make Largos a playable race I would love something like that

To the best of my knowledge ANet never said anything about mounts, one way or another. If you have a quote you can put it down but otherwise it was the players making that argument.

And no to Elves. They don’t fit the game.

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:so who would the low elves be...anyway high elves sound like snobs so lets keep them away, unless we can beat them up.

Dude there is no such thing as low elves it's more like dark/night/void elves... but maybe ANet can create something new and call them low elves lol.

nah man. all high elves are good for is looking down on everyone else. theyre no where to be found when theres real work to be done. thats when the low elves come in and do what needs doing..#lowelvesunite

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:Well one man trash is another man's treasure... so I hope ANet see this as a treasure not trash.Also what makes you think introducing the elves won't make sense?? Do you have the info for the upcoming content or story-line? Otherwise never say ever. We have not seen all the elder dragons yet.

I remember when GW2 first launched
ANet was very firm about not having mounts
because they believed the WP system can replace mounts. But guess what??!!!
We got mounts now!!

To the best of my knowledge ANet never said anything about mounts, one way or another. If you have a quote you can put it down but otherwise it was the players making that argument.

That you will have to google it on your own but I remember specifically when I first played gw2 and there was no mount and my spouse refuse to play the game simply because there was no mount. So I had to do some digging on why there were no mounts in GW2. I found out ANet refuse to have mount in gw2 because they believe WP is good enough and we never had mount in GW1 either. However that was years ago so Im not gonna spend hrs tracking some articles just to prof my point. If you wanna believe it so be it if not that’s fine by me, I did found something on reddit about people requesting mounts and asking why there were no mount and the response from the community were just as negative as they are with elf right now. You can see it for yourself but since mounts has been introduced I don’t see anyone who have the expansion choose to walk instead of hopping on their mounts. So I’m not sure why people are arguing for the sake of arguing and say stuff like “nah we are good” if that’s truely the case those players should not have the option to get any mount because they don’t deserve it.

Here is the link from Reddit you can see it for yourself:https://reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3op6bk/why_are_there_no_mounts_on_gw2/

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:

We got mounts now!!

That you will have to google it on your own but I remember specifically when I first played gw2 and there was no mount and my spouse refuse to play the game simply because there was no mount. So I had to do some digging on why there were no mounts in GW2. I found out ANet refuse to have mount in gw2 because they believe WP is good enough and we never had mount in GW1 either. However that was years ago so Im not gonna spend hrs tracking some articles just to prof my point. If you wanna believe it so be it if not that’s fine by me, I did found something on reddit about people requesting mounts and asking why there were no mount and the response from the community were just as negative as they are with elf right now. You can see it for yourself but since mounts has been introduced I don’t see anyone who have the expansion choose to walk instead of hopping on their mounts. So I’m not sure why people are arguing for the sake of arguing and say stuff like “nah we are good” if that’s truely the case those players should not have the option to get any mount because they don’t deserve it.

Here is the link from Reddit you can see it for yourself:

While it’s possible that they said that the game doesn’t need mounts because of waypoints I have rarely seen them say they absolutely no to some feature so without a quote I’m going to say you misremembered it and turned “not needed” into “never”

Players saying never, no matter how many threads you pull up, are irrelevant to this conversation.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

We got mounts now!!

Here is the link from Reddit you can see it for yourself:

While it’s possible that they said that the game doesn’t need mounts because of waypoints I have rarely seen them say they absolutely no to some feature so without a quote I’m going to say you misremembered it and turned “not needed” into “never”

Players saying never, no matter how many threads you pull up, are irrelevant to this conversation.

Ya it is irrelevant when we are trying to talk about elf but you insist on nip picking an example I pull up about mounts and request for me to find something that was posted years ago. If you want to know it that bad search it yourself instead of denying the fact.