Hoping for LW S4 Ep 3 trailer {merged}

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:Last time I checked I paid for it with the Collectors Edition version of PoF, the money spent on the Gem Store between September and when I bought the Branded Mounts pack which was the last time I bought gems.

I have certainly spent considerably more then the bare minimum, I think ANet needs to be concerned by the views of people like me.

I was not attempting to belittle your spending on the game. My apologies if I gave that impression.

Money you spend in the gemstore is for the things that you get from the gemstore. You received what you paid for (or should put in a service ticket if you did not). You received what you paid for when you paid for PoF.

That's BS I paid for LW development, there's documentation that proves that Gem Store money goes to LW Development.

Here's the link, right out of MO's mouth him self.

Edit Facts

Edit 1.5 hours after challenge.Funny how when facts show up they disappear.

No, you paid for the product(s) you received. Anet, like any company, then used their income to produce other products, provide services, and so on.

When I buy a bottled Dasani I am not paying for a Diet Coke, even if Coca Cola uses its income from my purchase (along with millions of others) to fund all of its production. Similarly, if General Motors makes a donation to a charitable cause, it is not my donation even if I bought a Chevy, providing income GM.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:Last time I checked I paid for it with the Collectors Edition version of PoF, the money spent on the Gem Store between September and when I bought the Branded Mounts pack which was the last time I bought gems.

I have certainly spent considerably more then the bare minimum, I think ANet needs to be concerned by the views of people like me.

I was not attempting to belittle your spending on the game. My apologies if I gave that impression.

Money you spend in the gemstore is for the things that you get from the gemstore. You received what you paid for (or should put in a service ticket if you did not). You received what you paid for when you paid for PoF.

That's BS I paid for LW development, there's documentation that proves that Gem Store money goes to LW Development.

Edit Facts

What Anet does with the money they receive wasn’t the poster’s argument.

I don't actually own the items I bought through the Gem Store according to the Terms and Conditions my account could arbitrarily be banned for any reason, I bought basically a temporary license that ends at best when ANet shuts down the servers. The fact remains that MO did state with certainty that our Gem Store purchases go towards bankrolling live updates such as LW.

@Ashen.2907 said:

Edit Facts

No, you paid for the product(s) you received. Anet, like any company, then used their income to produce other products, provide services, and so on.

When I buy a bottled Dasani I am not paying for a Diet Coke, even if Coca Cola uses its income from my purchase (along with millions of others) to fund all of its production. Similarly, if General Motors makes a donation to a charitable cause, it is not my donation even if I bought a Chevy, providing income GM.

again we do not own said products we rent them until ANet decides other wise, its in the Terms and Conditions.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Edit Facts

No you paid for an item in a shop window and you got what you paid for.. what ANET decide to use the money on has no bearing on it. They don't just shove the money into LW development they are a business and that means there are a plethora of things that business needs to sustain itself before any development even takes place.. but even if some of that coin goes to development it still does not mean your entitled to get a guaranteed update on the exact time and date they try to schedule it for.. things happen often outside of their control and all they can do is try to manage the issue and of course the cry babies.It's laughable you and a few others are making such a fuss over something that is such a non issue .. maybe its time that GW2 became a hobby not a full time job for some players I guess.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Edit Facts

again we do not own said products we rent them until ANet decides other wise, its in the Terms and Conditions.

Wrong you own your box set/your product... you pay for access to their game servers.. if the game servers shut down.. you don't send your product back do you?F2P allows core product to be downloaded and you get limited access until you buy an upgrade, that guess what.. is yours to keep.

Of course gemstore purchases are added to your account and if those servers shut you will undoubtedly loose all that.. but that is not renting, you don't have to give them back when your done, they just disappear into the ether.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

Edit Facts

Wrong you own your box set/your product... you pay for access to their game servers.. if the game servers shut down.. you don't send your product back do you?F2P allows core product to be downloaded and you get limited access until you buy an upgrade, that guess what.. is yours to keep.

Of course gemstore purchases are added to your account and if those servers shut you will undoubtedly loose all that.. but that is not renting, you don't have to give them back when your done, they just disappear into the ether.

You don't own them, the account and everything on it belongs to ArenaNet, they haven't sold you a game (apart from any physical discs you may or may not have), they've granted you a licence to use it.

The license allows you to use the account (at their discretion) but everything in it is their property and they retain the right to do whatever they want to with it. It's how all these games work. It allows them to cut off your access without fear of legal action if you break their rules and will eventually allow them to turn off the servers and shut down the game.

@Pifil.5193 said:

Edit Facts

You don't own them, the account and everything on it belongs to ArenaNet, they haven't sold you a game (apart from any physical discs you may or may not have), they've granted you a licence to use it.

The license allows you to use the account (at their discretion) but everything in it is their property and they retain the right to do whatever they want to with it. It's how all these games work. It allows them to cut off your access without fear of legal action if you break their rules and will eventually allow them to turn off the servers and shut down the game.

Exactly what I said.. your box set is yours.. what you pay for is access to the game servers and if they shut they shut.. any pixels you may of purchased are yours but if the servers shut everything linked to your account is squished and disappears into the ether... you don't rent anything and all you own are the disks and the box.F2P don't even get that of course.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Edit Facts

What Anet does with the money they receive wasn’t the poster’s argument.

I don't actually own the items I bought through the Gem Store according to the Terms and Conditions my account could arbitrarily be banned for any reason, I bought basically a temporary license that ends at best when ANet shuts down the servers. The fact remains that MO did state with certainty that our Gem Store purchases go towards bankrolling live updates such as LW.

You bought a license to use that item. Again, you’re missing the point of their argument.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:This began to burn way before I expected...I suppose it is logical, since they didn't do ANYTHING for the fans in E3.I understand they (probably) were never going to do anything, but frankly it is a very bad idea to acknowledge publicly about assisting to a massive event so famous for its big announcements for players, without having anything to show. They could have maintained a low profile instead, don't they?IDK, I'm not exactly rushed about the new episode, but when you add the E3 lack of anything interesting, it sure seems like a little fiasco.

Did they publically acknowledge or did the E3 organization just simply list their name? The only acknowledgement that I have seen is what we saw over the weekend with them clarifying that they were not presenting anything and this was after players started posting everywhere about Anet being at E3.

I had the idea they have mentioned E3 in someplace here in the forums previously, but I was wrong. They never acknowledge their participation in E3, so that issue is probably way minor than some of us on the forums felt it to be.

Alot of people saying ”there is plenty to do”, but you know thats your opinion and you havent done it all. Some of us have, multiple times, and I know it takes time to develope things, but they had a schedule which they have kept for 1,5 season. This time there is absolutely no communication and no news, for almost 4 months soon. Ofcourse people get upset and letdown.

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:Alot of people saying ”there is plenty to do”, but you know thats your opinion and you havent done it all.

I have because I'm a beta player. I've done everything multiple times. But still have plenty to do, because there are always people who need help in the game.Bored? Go to HoT maps and help with HPs.Bored? Help newbies experience story mode dungeons for the first time.Bored? Adopt a newbie in a starter zone and help them reach max lvl, teach them about builds and gear.Just some of the things I do to not get bored. It feels so good to help. <3 MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER = the real endgame is the PEOPLE.

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:Alot of people saying ”there is plenty to do”, but you know thats your opinion and you havent done it all. Some of us have, multiple times, and I know it takes time to develope things, but they had a schedule which they have kept for 1,5 season. This time there is absolutely no communication and no news, for almost 4 months soon. Ofcourse people get upset and letdown.

Pretty sure we have had communication and news in the last 4 months. At least, I have. /shrug

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'm not sure one 'owns' the pixels; ArenaNet can remove said pixels and leave the servers running for everyone else, should they so desire.

You certainly don't rent them either... a purchase is a purchase, but its linked to an account that can be killed with a flick of a switch.. renting something requires something to be returned .. pixels.. possibly a grey area even though you purchase virtual content.. cant remember the consumer laws that great in those regards though so you might be right.But if we want to make it clear the gemstore is for renting not purchasing.. perhaps we need a rental agreement, and should items be serviced and checked for damage on return :)

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'm not sure one 'owns' the pixels; ArenaNet can remove said pixels and leave the servers running for everyone else, should they so desire.

You certainly don't rent them either... a purchase is a purchase, but its linked to an account that can be killed with a flick of a switch.. renting something requires something to be returned .. pixels.. possibly a grey area even though you purchase virtual content.. cant remember the consumer laws that great in those regards though so you might be right.But if we want to make it clear the gemstore is for renting not purchasing.. perhaps we need a rental agreement, and should items be serviced and checked for damage on return :)

I just call them licenses. You’re paying for the license to use a particular item for the duration of the game’s life or while you have a good standing account (not suspended/banned).

@"cptaylor.2670" said:If this thread is just going to turn into post after post of people finding new ways to call someone else a crybaby it should probably just be closed.

I'd agree with that. I have no problem with factual - or even purely emotional - arguments but when it devolves into childish "I'm more patient/reasonable than you are, so I'm going to lecture you" posts then it's time.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:this week they're more concerned about business.Every week, they are concerned about business. They make business deals every week. E3 just presents an opportunity of convenience for certain types of meetings to take place, for schmoozing, and so on.

You seem to still be under the misapprehension that they can only do one thing at a time. Their business negotiators might be at E3 and they might even bring a team lead or two, but how would that possibly have any impact on development?

The only reason that LS4.3 is delayed — the only reason that any episode is delayed — is that the code isn't ready.

The goal for them is to release a new story every 2-3 months. Obviously they have missed the mark with this episode; there's no conclusions we can draw from that except that it's later than they (and we) would like.

Is what it is, if you find this acceptable and deserving of financial support then all the power to you, I've got different standards.

What do you mean if I find this acceptable and deserving of financial support? I thought you & I were gamers — we purchase the game and its frills, we don't invest in the company. ANet doesn't work for us; they are a gaming studio, not a contractor working to our spec.If you were a stockholder, maybe you'd have a point that ANet should communicate better.

I get what you're saying, I just don't care I expect results after a certain point, we are past that point for me now so until they improve I see no reason to support them.What exactly are you going to do differently because they are a few weeks late on their goal? Are you going to spend US$20 less? $100 less? $1000 less? Do you really think that insisting that they report back to your satisfaction is a good business decision?

LS4.3 will be released when it's ready. ANet will tell us when they have something meaningful to tell us. Expecting anything else is bound to lead to disappointment, because ANet has always worked this way.

It's your right to second guess their business decisions, if you want. But I'd think that 10+ years of success would demonstrate that they know what they are doing.

Archived