any up coming changes happening soon ?

zoopop.5630

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Rysdude.3824 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:The mid-season balance patch is coming soon.

Yay! I'm hoping for Renegade buffs.

Lol no buffs could salvage that spec.

Im really hoping it gets some buffs. Such cool profession skills (on sb) that Ive wanted always to try out but havent because of the current profession state. Crossing fingers!

I don't know, entire Kalla is just a capypasta of the exact same concept just with different effects, kinda like scourge shades, and the traits are pure useless so I don't see the appeal, but to each their own.

But the entire spec is so clunky and weak (especially without the only proper revenant heal which is tied to Herald) that Anet could increase the damage of every skill by 5 times and it'd still be completely unplayable. Only a rework can help it.

@Eleazar.9478 said:

The mid-season balance patch is coming soon.

I'm happy for a upcoming balance pass (sometimes they're my favorite update since I can try new things when they're good meaty ones)

But out of curiosity why are they midseason now is that how long it takes and you guys push it out as fast as you can? Or is there actual design reason you guys push it out mid season now?

(I hope ranger mh dagger gets love in pvp one can wish I suppose)

Please don't take this the wrong way, I promise I don't mean this in a mean way whatsoever. However, I think it would be better to balance something mid season instead of leaving it in a bad state for the whole season.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:In terms of 2vs2, Swizz style tournaments , and balance patch ?

Has any information been discus lately or recently @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 ? I beleive last time we spoke, some of these things were being worked on still(2 months ago), and wanted to know how things are going currently with them. Any official news that can be shared with us?

We've made some good progress on some of the underpinnings of swiss. I hesitate to give a date, as I expect it's still a ways away.

We've been holding off on special tournaments until we get some some additional tournament support to allow for more teams. We plan to push some of these changes live soon. We'll make an announcement when we do, however if it goes right, you shouldn't notice a difference in most circumstances.

per usual , thank you for commenting and shedding some light to things mate. I'm predicting 2 weeks from now we'll get the balance patch drop? Also Any chance of the Devs doing a Q/A on balance issues or asking question about what seems to be the issue currently with spvp in the near future?

P.S My sources says this up coming patch is going to be pretty big/changes the current meta to things. Any information you can leak out/share with us?

• ArenaNet Staff

The decision to allow balance changes mid-season is because of several things. We shortened off season a while back. Off season used to be 4 weeks long. Sometimes longer. Now we try to keep it to 2 weeks if possible. This means a smaller window than before if we kept them to between seasons.

We've also just been trying to get some more frequent balance changes.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:The decision to allow balance changes mid-season is because of several things. We shortened off season a while back. Off season used to be 4 weeks long. Sometimes longer. Now we try to keep it to 2 weeks if possible. This means a smaller window than before if we kept them to between seasons.

wouldn't you think Longer off seasons would be the ideal step toward a better change for the spvp players? This allows for better game plays and less stress from players instead of having everything change middle of a season? We also get to work on theory crafting the changes that were applied before a season starts.

We can we expect to have some actual pvp maps and not circlequest? Are the 2v2 maps coming along or will they just be killed off right away in hotjoin like the last one.

Can we get a unranked TDM que? Having big maps and being limited to 3 little circles gets boring after a few games.

@Rysdude.3824 said:

Im really hoping it gets some buffs. Such cool profession skills (on sb) that Ive wanted always to try out but havent because of the current profession state. Crossing fingers!

The best thing about renegade being underpowered is that we don't have to play it! Harsh, but true. It's a generic and copy-pasted spec with interesting concepts that were barely realized through its gameplay. Portal arrows and leading a charrband may seem interesting in theory, but gameplay-wise, there's nothing special about barrage v2, ranged fire field nº237 and wells-with-health-bars. Renegade needs a deadeye-level of rework, and interestingly enough, non-glint revenant as a whole also needs a mesmer-level of rework.

Because revenants can't swap their utility skills, devs need to put extra effort in making sure they are all unique and diversified. Giving to new elite specs an entire kit that shares the same skill type (all mantras, all signets, all wells, all traps) might work for other professions, because you can always swap some of them out (as an example, a dragonhunter is not forced to fill its entire skill bar with traps), but if you give the same copy-pasted mechanic to any revenant spec (like they did with renegade), it's going to make it awfully boring.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"zoopop.5630" said:why does everything on the forums become an argument..... like this topic wasn't even attended to be a bash or some silly argument over buying the game.

can some of ya'll bring it down a bit? Post like above is how the devs decide not to comment on anything.

Because some people have this weird sense of entitlement and I like to point out that they are playing a game that cost $60 ($120 if you also purchased the original when it was $60) for THOUSANDS OF HOURS. I wonder how many hours they got with the same $60 in something like Call of Duty or Devil May Cry or whatever other new game where the standard price is $60.

Posts like this are also unnecessary. Why the need for whataboutism and the constant "this game cost x, what other game gives similar content for that price"?GW2, like all other MMOs, need player investment to support the game. Players can't and won't support a game if they feel the developer isn't fully invested."You've gotten your money's worth" arguments tilt me. Of course I got my money's worth if I'm still playing the game. I'm looking for content to continue supporting the game.

To answer your question, I've played Counterstrike for more than a literal year of game time, and I've played CODMW2 until my Xbox broke. These games were cheaper than GW2 and aren't restrained by the MMO business model.

@reikken.4961 said:

@Turk.5460 said:How many people do yo think work on GW2? Give them a break...

a game with this many players?a lot. many times more than is needed to get pvp rightthe problem is the management doesn't really give a kitten about the players, so all resources are assigned to things that directly make money in the short term. like mount skins

This is a game ment for casuals and pve players mostly, that's where management.Pvp whut? That died when most players quited gw1, gw2 was never a good game for pvp, unless ur a casual who log's just to play a few gimmick pony tricks and log off.

Remember that this game name is Guild Wars just because the pve is a continuation from Gw1 pve lore nothing more...

@otto.5684 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Yes.....they have
several departments working right now on new mount skins
...on other hand if you mean pvp changes...yeah..they're planning to release a balance patch where they knock off 1-2s from from mirage/scourge condi aoe spam...that should make the game more balanced

How many people do yo think work on GW2? Give them a break...

I remember either pre HoT release or a bit after, devs mentioned there were around 200 employees with 120 working on expansion. I think number still holds, considering GW2 is a large game and is propsperous.

In addition, lack of devs (which again, does not seem to be he case) is not an excuse. I paid money for the game and for continuing support. I do expect anet to be making a decent profit, but trying to cut quality to increase profits is not acceptable. I would not go as far as saying that anet is doing this, but the quality of content and the quality improvements, like class balance, have been severely under whelming since PoF release.

400 or so devs.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:The decision to allow balance changes mid-season is because of several things. We shortened off season a while back. Off season used to be 4 weeks long. Sometimes longer. Now we try to keep it to 2 weeks if possible. This means a smaller window than before if we kept them to between seasons.

I am so glad you're trying to balance more frequently, the only thing that truly bothers me about this game is the slow balance.

I hope you unsplit things like axe on ranger too, you know, underused/undertuned or terribly niche stuff that could find a spot somewhere. Thanks for talking with us as usual.

@witcher.3197 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:The mid-season balance patch is coming soon.

Yay! I'm hoping for Renegade buffs.

Lol no buffs could salvage that spec.

Eh, I came up with some ideas on it ( Link in my signature )

But currently Revenant is very much reliant on infused light as a deterrent to avoid dying. Rev is stupidly easy to kill once you know they don't have IL up. Learn to play Rev yourself and do some Rev vs Rev 1v1s just to see how true this is.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Yes.....they have
several departments working right now on new mount skins
...on other hand if you mean pvp changes...yeah..they're planning to release a balance patch where they knock off 1-2s from from mirage/scourge condi aoe spam...that should make the game more balanced

How many people do yo think work on GW2? Give them a break...

I remember either pre HoT release or a bit after, devs mentioned there were around 200 employees with 120 working on expansion. I think number still holds, considering GW2 is a large game and is propsperous.

In addition, lack of devs (which again, does not seem to be he case) is not an excuse. I paid money for the game and for continuing support. I do expect anet to be making a decent profit, but trying to cut quality to increase profits is not acceptable. I would not go as far as saying that anet is doing this, but the quality of content and the quality improvements, like class balance, have been severely under whelming since PoF release.

400 or so devs.

smol indie company

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:In terms of 2vs2, Swizz style tournaments , and balance patch ?

Has any information been discus lately or recently @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 ? I beleive last time we spoke, some of these things were being worked on still(2 months ago), and wanted to know how things are going currently with them. Any official news that can be shared with us?

Please Ben, buff core engineer. If you want, here's a list that can help you with that.

@Turk.5460 said:You seem to be blind to the bigger picture here. There are plenty of people who are very satisfied with the state of the game. I'm one of them - sure I think that there may need some balance tweaks here and there, but I know that there are people who don't want the same tweaks that I do, and are happy on their own end of that spectrum.

Of course the people who feel unhappy for whatever their personal reasoning is are going to be extremely loud on the forums. That doesn't make them the majority, nor does it make them right. The vast majority of happy players will never even come to the forums, because they have nothing to complain about.

By your own logic there are likely just as many unhappy people that don't come to the forums to voice their complaints. The reason people voice their complaints is because they care about the game and they see it going in a bad direction so to speak. You should want Anet to be working with their player-base for the longevity of the game. That is the bigger picture here... not whether you or I think the game is fine.

Just because you may be happy with the game doesn't mean there aren't things that need to be changed/improved upon/updated, etc...

I can list a few things to start:

• Communication overall
  • Pvp
  • Wvw
  • Balance

Thanks man, you and your team have been pretty dang awesome. Thanks for putting up with our constant crap and listening.

Honestly, I'm against the 2 weeks for off season, i feel like its too short. Was there a poll or something that made you guys take that decision? for me 4 weeks off season was perfect.

@Emtiarbi.3281 said:

Honestly, I'm against the 2 weeks for off season, i feel like its too short. Was there a poll or something that made you guys take that decision? for me 4 weeks off season was perfect.

Why do you want a month of off-season? That kind of kills any active pvp because unranked just turns into a meme fest.

@phokus.8934 said:

Why do you want a month of off-season? That kind of kills any active pvp because unranked just turns into a meme fest.

because this would give us time to get the proper balance patches to drop in the start of rank seasons and not toward the middle or end.

Archived