any up coming changes happening soon ?

zoopop.5630

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:As Angeels mentioned, I felt that 4 weeks just felt too long. 2 weeks feels about right to take a break, do some other things and then get back into it.

common ben, be honest either this Tuesday or next Tuesday we'll get the balance patch drop. I'm certain it's next week from what my sources are saying.... i just want to know for sure what patch balance is going to look like and what class are being looked at.

@Abelisk.4527

@"mrauls.6519" said:If condi mirage and thief don't get nerfed I'm going to be sad

Crinn had a pretty good video on how they should tackle condi thief at least. I hope anet looks for these kind of videos when looking at thief and mesmer changes.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:As Angeels mentioned, I felt that 4 weeks just felt too long. 2 weeks feels about right to take a break, do some other things and then get back into it.

common ben, be honest either this Tuesday or next Tuesday we'll get the balance patch drop. I'm certain it's next week from what my sources are saying.... i just want to know for sure what patch balance is going to look like and what class are being looked at.

@"Abelisk.4527"

Probably the 10th. I doubt Anet would release a major balance update on a Holiday week. Maybe it will be tomorrow but doubt it.

Contents of the update: Mirage will get nerfed, everything else is a who-knows. The real question is will Mirage receive a correct nerf or a """"""nerf""""".

Wish we could have a preview like the last major update.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:If condi mirage and thief don't get nerfed I'm going to be sad

Crinn had a pretty good video on how they should tackle condi thief at least. I hope anet looks for these kind of videos when looking at thief and mesmer changes.

No he didn't. It was riddled with bias and lack of understanding. He even used traits that aren't even taken by the build as focal points for how it is played...

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:In terms of 2vs2, Swizz style tournaments , and balance patch ?

Has any information been discus lately or recently @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 ? I beleive last time we spoke, some of these things were being worked on still(2 months ago), and wanted to know how things are going currently with them. Any official news that can be shared with us?

We've made some good progress on some of the underpinnings of swiss. I hesitate to give a date, as I expect it's still a ways away.

We've been holding off on special tournaments until we get some some additional tournament support to allow for more teams. We plan to push some of these changes live soon. We'll make an announcement when we do, however if it goes right, you shouldn't notice a difference in most circumstances.

The mid-season balance patch is coming soon.

Do you guys even show up to work? What the hell are you working on all the time? You've been solely working on Swiss for around 10 months and you're still a "ways away". Even if you are the only person on the PVP team (you are) this is still unbelievable.

My only request is, can you drop the big balance patch in the offseason instead of mid season so that you can tweak here and there in mid season if something gone wrong or busted.

Overall i still think arena net doing pretty good job in hearing the suggestion of the balance from the community, i remember back then condi burst is much worse than now especially when PoF just came out, now we have several classes that are busted but we are getting there..

Keep up the good job @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 and team.

@KeoLegend.5132 said:Dragonhunter needs a buff. Seriously

Not a chance...are you kidding? What exactly would need buffs on dragonhunter?

-Sustain burst with meditation- check-Ranged dmg burst-check-invulnerability- check

There would be many more checks, it took many nerfs to bring dh down to semi acceptable level where not everybody and his dog was using one..and now people want to buff it back?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

-Sustain burst with meditation- check-Ranged dmg burst-check-invulnerability- check

There would be many more checks, it took many nerfs to bring dh down to semi acceptable level where not everybody and his dog was using one..and now people want to buff it back?

Yeah it was so OP every team of remotely competitive tournaments was using 5 DHs in it. Oh wait. What? None? It can't be true. It's so OP omagad! Still OP because I say so.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

That was a very failed attempt to troll buddy

The way PvP is treated is really bad. PvE focused class changes that break PvP balance aren't handled properly. Standard answer to PvP related questions we have no plans or we don't know when we can do something. Even in prime time match making is not able to find enough player with similar skill/experience (gold 3/plat 1) to create a good match. Uneven matches with afk player and a lot of toxcicity everywhere. I am really sad that my favourite game mode seems to come to a point where it is time to move on :/ .

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

Trolling? Guess you ignore all the people who left pvp when it was saturated with DH, so much that even @Karl McLain.5604 admitted that guardian was overly represented in pvp and forced the devs to act, bloody hell ...every game in pvp was 5-6 dh..how am I trolling?

Since ranked is just a joke as of late. Could we get some major changes to get people to play ranked competitively again? Instead of copy pasting a format of duo then single circle quest gaming where wintading is the only way to get a top spot.

Maybe work a bit extra on actual maps with a chance to live. If anyone from gw1 pvp time is there still then they need to be put in charge. Get some good old TDM maps going in ranked or even bring back stronghold ranked for more options.

The lack of pvp content has made it just a pve reward hunter, bot running, win trading mess. It's no longer a pvp area.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Trolling? Guess you ignore all the people who left pvp when it was saturated with DH, so much that even @Karl McLain.5604 admitted that guardian was overly represented in pvp and forced the devs to act, bloody hell ...every game in pvp was 5-6 dh..how am I trolling?

Because you are misremembering it. It was never that bad. Even if it was, what made DH such a prominent/powerful class back then is no longer in the game.

All of us balance-minded Guardian mains were saying it back then, Piercing Light needs to lose the Daze. (I never played DH for PvP, I always found it obnoxious back then) When it was finally done, DH was already nerfed to oblivion in every other area. What needs to be done now is buff those other areas(mainly LB damage, and mobility) back up to make DH more competitive, and leave the traps largely as they are.

I agree they should tweak DH a bit. However, there are far more immediate concerns right now... DH and guard in general is in too well a spot to have priority.

Speaking of it, I expect them to nerf DH and buff mirage. :trollface:

I'd like them to nerf most but not all of the no-cast-time skills. When you string a bunch of these to together, they can create insane bursts in under 1sec. Also I think they encourage the use of macros, which is supposed to be banned in the game...apparently. But it seems a lot of people use them.

Archived