GW 2 Devs/Playerbase Twitter Discussion

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was an unnaturally swift course of action...

I understand what she said was pretty vitriolic and disrespectful, but anyone in good standing in the company would have just gotten a warning and issue a public apology. This must've been the last straw, or co-workers were already looking for an excuse to have her terminated.

Either way, things are the way they are now.

I do not celebrate that someone has lost their job. This is not a good day, but given the statement that one of them celebrated when a 32 old John Bain died to cancer I can only hope that she take a hard look at herself and try to imagine the harm and pain she caused.

I can't imagine what she could possible have told herself to justify such behaviour but that is a line you can't cross. You don't celebrate the death of someone and especially when they are that young. It doesn't matter what sin you think they have committed or what political side you think they are on. Crossing that line and celebrating someone who died to something as horrible as cancer means disconnecting yourself from a large portion of the world population and there is not much else from that point on.

This is a sad day, but Anet action today at least mean I can continue playing the games that I enjoy and have spent a large portion for the last 10 years with. Thank you.

@Mike O Brien.4613 said:Recently two of our employees failed to uphold our standards of communicating with players. Their attacks on the community were unacceptable. As a result, they’re no longer with the company.

I want to be clear that the statements they made do not reflect the views of ArenaNet at all. As a company we always strive to have a collaborative relationship with the Guild Wars community. We value your input. We make this game for you.

Mo

Excellent, I'm very glad to see that appropriate action has been taken and that the company has taken a stand against behavior like this.

While I can't argue with the general principle of getting fired for not behaving professionally when you are dealing with customers, even in a capacity where you aren't strictly on the clock, I can't help but feel in this one instance, you gave a victory to a mob of people who weaponized this very small thing, that was ultimately between a few people, to their own agenda.

I'm not particularly sad jobs were lost, I do not know them. I'm sad at the hyperbolic crowd cheering, and all the thumbs up. I feel there was a lot more lost than a couple jobs today.

It's sad to lose good writers in such a pathetic way. While this whole story could have been easily avoided, at the end of the day, they lose their job and we lose some good story telling... improper use of social networks at its greatest :anguished:

@Mike O Brien.4613 said:Recently two of our employees failed to uphold our standards of communicating with players. Their attacks on the community were unacceptable. As a result, they’re no longer with the company.

I want to be clear that the statements they made do not reflect the views of ArenaNet at all. As a company we always strive to have a collaborative relationship with the Guild Wars community. We value your input. We make this game for you.

Mo

I dont believe Peter deserved to be fired because e tried to defend his co-worker. He didnt call names or anything and he engaged in discussion rather than going in a blocking spree.

I suggest that his case is revisited.

@Mel.8734 said:

@"Mike O Brien.4613" said:Recently two of our employees failed to uphold our standards of communicating with players. Their attacks on the community were unacceptable. As a result, they’re no longer with the company.

Mo

Please also take a good look at this employe:

Pretty sure that's faked...

@notebene.3190 said:While I can't argue with the general principle of getting fired for not behaving professionally when you are dealing with customers, even in a capacity where you aren't strictly on the clock, I can't help but feel in this one instance, you gave a victory to a mob of people who weaponized this very small thing, that was ultimately between a few people, to their own agenda.

I'm not particularly sad jobs were lost, I do not know them. I'm sad at the hyperbolic crowd cheering, and all the thumbs up. I feel there was a lot more lost than a couple jobs today.

Cause and effect. People are responsible for their actions and need to be held accountable. The jeering from the crowd is a bit over the top but certainly justified. Also considering her history, it should be a wake up call but as others have pointed out, she'll try to be the victim here.

Mo

Can we now have all related threads closed now please. Although I disagree with the discipline PLEASE close all the the aggravating threads on this subject and let it fade into obscurity.

@Taurid.1753 said:

@"Rezzet.3614" said:man that sucks , i'd rather people learn from their mistakes and such , we all deserve second chances, but it is understood the situation was pretty ballistic and generated an over abundance of :

Unfortunately losing a job is the new standard for whenever someone speaks out against the norm online. If it works against one side of the political divide, it should also work against the other for fairness. It's sad for them, sure, but deserved.

JP has a HISTORY of these types of inflammatory reaction; yes on 2nd chances; no on 22nd chances......

Didn't see that coming, but i understand and i dont agree what she answered to a fellow player. Being polite is pretty much essential but you can agree, or disagree in a friendly manner.I don't know what the other person did, but i guess it doesn't matter now.

Archived